ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The overrated Browns defense
staylor26 07:29 AM 08-09-2019
I just heard Dan Patrick say that Browns defense might be better than their offense (which is absurd). A lot of people seem to think their defense is going to be great.

Where did this idea that they have a great defense come from? They had the 30th ranked D last year. They weren’t quite as bad as us, but they weren’t that much better either. Is it because of Myles Garrett? The additions of Sheldon Richardson and Olivier Vernon? Two very overrated players?

I just don’t see it. I think we made more improvements than they did on defense, but the national media just assumes our defense is going to suck again.

I already hate this fucking team and I hope we play them in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:53 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
Baker is good but people have taken it too far. He gets credit for “leadership” and “moxie” but alot of QBs have that (Brady, etc.) they just aren’t loud about it. He’s a GREAT prospect, but trying to compare him to Mahomes (right now) understates just how good Mahomes was last year. 24 TD and 6 picks vs playoff teams (30-6 vs winning record teams). Mayfield was 8/9, Goff was like 11/12, Rivers was also underwhelming, with 12/6.

anybody comparing Mayfield to Mahomes is nuts.
[Reply]
TEX 01:44 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
To be fair, nobody could believe the Giants took Daniel Jones where they did. He might be a dick, but he wasn't lying.
A lot thought they might. Besides, Jones looks pretty good. It was a dick thing to say, and Baker is a dickhead, so makes sense. :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:55 AM 09-04-2019
I get the browns titans Sunday instead of the chiefs game in the Tulsa market. Fuck the fucking Browns! Fuck the fucking nut swinging baker mayfield boomer sooner shitheads!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:59 AM 09-04-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I get the browns titans Sunday instead of the chiefs game in the Tulsa market. Fuck the fucking Browns! Fuck the fucking nut swinging baker mayfield boomer sooner shitheads!

Move to Lubbock.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:01 AM 09-04-2019
Baker is one of the best young QB's in the game.

But he is not comparable to Mahomes.

The Browns have simply put together a team that can compete with Pittsburgh and Baltimore. They have not passed either team.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:52 AM 09-04-2019
They’re playing the fucking titans
[Reply]
Dunit35 12:14 PM 09-04-2019
I get the browns titans Sunday instead of the chiefs game in the Tulsa market. **** the ****ing Browns! **** the ****ing nut swinging baker mayfield boomer sooner shitheads!
Same here in the Enid area. All these new fake Browns fans that will leave as soon as Mayfield starts sucking.
[Reply]
Sorce 12:24 PM 09-04-2019
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Baker is one of the best young QB's in the game.
But the tape, teams have the tape. Why don't I ever hear this about Baker?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:20 PM 09-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think the Steelers are gonna be really good
Yeah - the Ravens stealing that division last year will pay dividends when the Chargers have to play the Steelers while we get Baltimore.

I think the Steelers will prove the class of that division quickly. I could see them being in cruise control after week 10.
[Reply]
O.city 01:41 PM 09-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - the Ravens stealing that division last year will pay dividends when the Chargers have to play the Steelers while we get Baltimore.

I think the Steelers will prove the class of that division quickly. I could see them being in cruise control after week 10.
I think so.

Yeah, the Ravens have the culture and I doubt they'll be that easy to beat, but they have a QB that can't throw, they lost a lot of their defense too.

I like some of their additions and that they're trying to zig when everyone else zags, but they essentially can only win one way.

As a Chiefs fan, I've seen how that works out when you play these high powered offenses.
[Reply]
milkman 07:08 PM 09-04-2019
I get the browns titans Sunday instead of the chiefs game in the Tulsa market. **** the ****ing Browns! **** the ****ing nut swinging baker mayfield boomer sooner shitheads!
Sunday ticket free previetiw this week.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:36 PM 09-04-2019
Originally Posted by milkman:
Sunday ticket free previetiw this week.
Thanks milkman, but I don’t have a dish anymore.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:09 PM 09-04-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
The big difference I see between PMII and BM(and there are many:-))'just in the pocket alone under duress especially' is that BM is very inaccurate

Sorry, but no. I've been watching Mayfield since he became a Sooner, and the one thing he is not, it's "inaccurate." In fact, when he was playing his last year as a Sooner, he was rated the most accurate passer in college. And IIRC it wasn't even close. He was completing over 70% of his passes; whoever was second was only completing in the low 60s.

In the pocket, out, under duress, whatever, Baker is one of the most accurate passers in the league.

Whether he grows into a top tier QB or bombs, I can't say. But whatever happens, it won't be because he can't put the ball where he wants it.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:15 PM 09-04-2019
I'm in the same boat. It's such a crock of shit. They normally show Chiefs here. Even showed all Chiefs preseason games. Then week 1 comes and they're showing the fucking Browns vs Titans. Ugh. Who do we call to complain?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:19 PM 09-04-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Sorry, but no. I've been watching Mayfield since he became a Sooner, and the one thing he is not, it's "inaccurate." In fact, when he was playing his last year as a Sooner, he was rated the most accurate passer in college. And IIRC it wasn't even close. He was completing over 70% of his passes; whoever was second was only completing in the low 60s.

In the pocket, out, under duress, whatever, Baker is one of the most accurate passers in the league.

Whether he grows into a top tier QB or bombs, I can't say. But whatever happens, it won't be because he can't put the ball where he wants it.
Well Mega my man, the college game compared to the NFL game is night and day. What he did in college doesn't matter anymore. So far all of Baker's pre-season games he has pretty much been disappointing to say the least. And in that disappointment he was very inaccurate with "nervous feet" in the pocket. Just telling you what I saw. You better hope his o-line improves their pass blocking because Mayfield will go from "nervous feet" to "happy feet".
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up