ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1790 of 2687
« First < 790129016901740178017861787178817891790 17911792179317941800184018902290 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:11 PM 02-04-2020
6 years 255 Million.

Pay the man.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:19 PM 02-04-2020
Dude is 1 day removed from the super bowl and already back in the gym..... that’s it I’ve seen enough. Give him a blank check

The belt made it in time for tomorrow 🏆 pic.twitter.com/bIR5aXIVV9

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) February 4, 2020

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:26 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I guess all the idiots hating on Mahomes because he didn't destroy one of the best defenses in the NFL for 4 straight quarters never heard the phrase...

"It is not how you start the race-it is how you end it."

49ers defense were playing great and making plays. But Mahomes figured them out like he always does and overcame the leaky pass protection for the win.

Some people just can't be happy with anything- pathetic.
I'm not as angry as you, but this is my perspective as well.

Sometimes great play is manifested in perservering through great pressure.

Mahomes wasn't playing poorly, he was facing a well structured and disciplined defense. So instead of just letting fly and relying on mistakes to simply be there on the defense, he/they had to start picking and probing and stressing the structure.

It's kind of like free-solo mountain climbing. In the moment, there might look like a lot of waiting and resting and trying shit that doesn't work great, but so long as you don't actually fall off the mountain you're still in the fight, and when you finally reach the summit the evidence is in that you're a badass climber.

Being a champion isn't always about making it look easy. Sometimes it's winning even when it looks messy and hard.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:32 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I totally believe there is. There are clutch players who lack talent (Tebow), decent enough late game players who don't take enough risk (Alex Smith), and players who move at such a frantic pace late in games that it sets the team in a panic (rivers). Even Peyton manning... As good of a closer as he was played late games with his pants on fire.
Can you imagine if today's social media and sports radio climate existed when Elway was young.

Dude would play like DOG SHIT for 3 quarters, then turn it on when it mattered with alarming regularity. Including his iconic moments like the fumble and the drive.

I'm not talking mediocre, I'm talking dog shit. How many times would the Chiefs sack and intercept him all afternoon, until there were 10 minutes left and he was still in striking distance, and all the sudden nothing could stop him. HOW MANY TIMES?
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:41 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Can you imagine if today's social media and sports radio climate existed when Elway was young.

Dude would play like DOG SHIT for 3 quarters, then turn it on when it mattered with alarming regularity. Including his iconic moments like the fumble and the drive.

I'm not talking mediocre, I'm talking dog shit. How many times would the Chiefs sack and intercept him all afternoon, until there were 10 minutes left and he was still in striking distance, and all the sudden nothing could stop him. HOW MANY TIMES?
You can't have "The Drive" or in Pats case "The Throw" without there being adversity leading up to it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:47 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You can't have "The Drive" or in Pats case "The Throw" without there being adversity leading up to it.
:-) :-) - every silver lining needs a cloud. All this Mahomes greatness carries a slight bit of PTSD reminding me of Elway breaking our hearts in the late 80s, early 90s, not to mention how he bedeviled Marty. Marty owned the Raiders, can't quite say that about the Broncos, particularly when you factor in Cleveland.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:52 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Well deserved but was holding out hope that he wouldn't **** us that bad...

Veach will have to do some wizardry over the next five years.
I'd bet there are ways to do this real creatively. Veach has basically created a trigger point in a few years where a ton of contracts expire. Including tyreek and honey Badger, both of which are short term contracts.

Do you give mahomes a huge long term guaranteed contract? Or can you get creative? For example, could you give mahomes an outrageous short term contract with a gigantic year 3 option? It's a great way to make sure mahomes gets paid and he's practically long term guaranteed, but also gives the Chiefs flexibility to negotiate a more cap friendly deal in a few years. Just talking out loud.
[Reply]
eDave 01:57 PM 02-04-2020
Peeps trying to downplay Pat's throw to Hill as a D failure.

Pat threw him open. It was a brilliant play by both he and Hill. Hill knew what Pat was doing and broke for it. Wasn't anyone going to stop Hill from getting to that ball. Hell, he had to wait on it. LOL
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:59 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Peeps trying to downplay Pat's throw to Hill as a D failure.

Pat threw him open. It was a brilliant play by both he and Hill. Hill knew what Pat was doing and broke for it. Wasn't anyone going to stop Hill from getting to that ball. Hell, he had to wait on it. LOL
There is an entire article somewhere around here on that one play. Mahomes and the coches noticed that spot would be open from an earlier play and were saving it for when they needed it and Mahomes insisted they run it there.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 02:00 PM 02-04-2020
LOOK AT THIS FUCKING SHIT:

[Reply]
BWillie 02:05 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
6 years 255 Million.

Pay the man.
I'd pay him a billion.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:06 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
LOOK AT THIS ****ING SHIT:

I don't care what anybody says, that was a wasted year when we had him and Smith and used Smith. You learn by playing, more than watching, always.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:08 PM 02-04-2020
Completion percentage too low.
[Reply]
eDave 02:10 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't care what anybody says, that was a wasted year when we had him and Smith and used Smith. You learn by playing, more than watching, always.
Shut up, bitch.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:11 PM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Idk. Sports are always a results based game, and you just can’t argue with the results of Reid’s process here. Getting Kendall Fuller and Derrick Nnadi as a direct result from Alex’s 2017 was also pretty huge for the rebuild of our defense.
[Reply]
Page 1790 of 2687
« First < 790129016901740178017861787178817891790 17911792179317941800184018902290 > Last »
Up