ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1420 of 2688
« First < 42092013201370141014161417141814191420 142114221423142414301470152019202420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DTVietnam 01:04 PM 01-18-2019

Mahomes literally doesn't know what to do with his hands when there is no ball in it pic.twitter.com/O7B3dMGqZU

— Arielle Orsuto (@KWCHArielle) January 18, 2019

[Reply]
Nickhead 02:44 PM 01-18-2019
haven't seen it before, but may be Q:

[Reply]
suzzer99 03:25 PM 01-18-2019
I'm re-watching the Pats game - Mahomes looks like he just hoovered up a couple big fat rails on the sideline. He was so amped.

He hasn't looked like that at all for a long time.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:27 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'm re-watching the Pats game - Mahomes looks like he just hoovered up a couple big fat rails on the sideline. He was so amped.

He hasn't looked like that at all for a long time.
That’s was his first Sunday night game.

Fast forward to his next Sunday night game vs Cinci, he was much more composed.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:44 PM 01-18-2019
Yeah - and in the big games late in the season since, including the playoff game, he's looked as relaxed as can be.

I do worry that we're what 1-4 in night games this year? Hopefully that doesn't creep back in. But he played great in the Chargers game.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:46 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Great interview with DJ but the part with Mahomes cracks me up.

The defense would get all pissed off because he'd do no-look stuff in practice, they'd get in trouble for giving up completions and thought he was just dicking around and not taking things seriously...

Great little insight (and really, just a good interview in general) from DJ.
You know damn well when he discusses "things beyond our control" in the playoffs he is talking about the forward progress call on his sack and fumble on Mariotta.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:50 PM 01-18-2019
Has Triplette ever once tried to explain what he thought he saw on that play that looked like forward progress was stopped?

Remember the terrible holding call on Sorenson in the Chargers game that should have been an interception and led to the Chargers first TD? I think on that the ref saw Gates' body jerk to the right, just as Sorenson put his hand on Gates' waist. But Gates jerked himself (hah!) to try to get to the ball thrown behind him. At least that's the best plausible idea I can come up with for what the ref thought he saw.

I cannot for the life of me think of one plausible thing Triplette could have thought he saw on that play. It was too fast. Did he not see the ball come out? Why not just call in the grasp then? I've never seen forward progress called in that spot when a QB is in the pocket and not running. It makes zero sense.

I think these refs at at least owe us a tersely-worded statement when they make a completely unexplainable call like that.

Edit: ok well google is my friend. Bullshit.

Pool report with referee Jeff Triplette after the #Chiefs and #Titans game: pic.twitter.com/HYn4BEFMTH

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) January 7, 2018

[Reply]
Best22 03:59 PM 01-18-2019
Yeah - and in the big games late in the season since, including the playoff game, he's looked as relaxed as can be.

I do worry that we're what 1-4 in night games this year? Hopefully that doesn't creep back in. But he played great in the Chargers game.
2-4 in regular season “primetime”

1-0 in January. That’s all that matters
[Reply]
Best22 04:00 PM 01-18-2019
Mahomes 278 passing yards were the most ever by a Chiefs quarterback in a home playoff game, topping Montana’s 276 in the 1993 Wild Card
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:06 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You know damn well when he discusses "things beyond our control" in the playoffs he is talking about the forward progress call on his sack and fumble on Mariotta.
No question at all. You could see his eyes screaming as he was trying not to just say "Man, fuck Jeff Triplette. They made that old asshole retire the next day..."
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:00 PM 01-18-2019
THAT SHOWTIME STRUT :-)

Chiefs are going ALL THE WAY to the #SuperBowl & this song is going #VIRAL: SHOWTIME STRUT! �� @AndyRossRebel @101theFoxKC @SportsRadio810 @GMA @PatrickMahomes5 @GMFB #GMA #mahomes #ChiefsKingdom #Chiefs #ChiefsFans #KansasCity #PatrickMahomes #AndyRossRebel #AFCChampionshipGame pic.twitter.com/AORwjbn1xb

— Andy Ross (@AndyRossRebel) January 16, 2019

[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:50 PM 01-18-2019
Has Triplette ever once tried to explain what he thought he saw on that play that looked like forward progress was stopped?

Remember the terrible holding call on Sorenson in the Chargers game that should have been an interception and led to the Chargers first TD? I think on that the ref saw Gates' body jerk to the right, just as Sorenson put his hand on Gates' waist. But Gates jerked himself (hah!) to try to get to the ball thrown behind him. At least that's the best plausible idea I can come up with for what the ref thought he saw.

I cannot for the life of me think of one plausible thing Triplette could have thought he saw on that play. It was too fast. Did he not see the ball come out? Why not just call in the grasp then? I've never seen forward progress called in that spot when a QB is in the pocket and not running. It makes zero sense.

I think these refs at at least owe us a tersely-worded statement when they make a completely unexplainable call like that.

Great questions. But stop polluting this pristine thread. We don't need no Triplette.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:58 PM 01-18-2019
1993 Chiefs: 11-5

1993 Bills: 12-4

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:23 PM 01-18-2019

Thus Tripplett retiring immediately after the game before he got fired.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:40 PM 01-18-2019
nooo

well @leighsteinberg just told me Patrick Mahomes will soon have Mahomes Magic Crunch on the shelves soon...not Patty Flakes.

— Jay Binkley (@3guysinagarage) January 19, 2019

[Reply]
Page 1420 of 2688
« First < 42092013201370141014161417141814191420 142114221423142414301470152019202420 > Last »
Up