ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 167
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
Fish 09:09 AM 05-03-2012
Originally Posted by luv:
She'll sniff it and act interested, but then goes over to her water bowl instead. I'm having to give her pain meds for two days. I wonder if that's affecting her appetite. Today's the last day I give them to her, so I kind of want to wait and see how she does tomorrow.
Pets can go many days without "needing" to eat anything. Don't worry yourself too much as long as she's in good spirits and active.

Hope she gets better soon.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:09 AM 05-03-2012

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:12 AM 05-03-2012
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
Pets can go many days without "needing" to eat anything. Don't worry yourself too much as long as she's in good spirits and active.

This.

Also make sure she keeps drinking water. Don't want kidney problems...
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:44 AM 05-03-2012
She'll sniff it and act interested, but then goes over to her water bowl instead. I'm having to give her pain meds for two days. I wonder if that's affecting her appetite. Today's the last day I give them to her, so I kind of want to wait and see how she does tomorrow.
Have you tried any tuna? Also, Science Diet makes a high-calorie food that supposedly no cat can resist, but you'll need a prescription for it. Worth it, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by KC Fish:

Not true about cats. Cats can't go very long without food - they're not like dogs. Get worried if it's more than a couple of days. Their organs will begin to be damaged, starting with the liver. This happened to my Mille a couple years ago.

The trick is making sure you know they're not eating. Often, they'll eat when you can't see them. Try some wet food, canned tuna, etc. If that doesn't work, try to get that Science Diet - Prescription Diet a/d Canine/Feline Critical Care. The stuff is specifically aimed at cats that don't want to eat (among other things).
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:45 AM 05-03-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This.

Also make sure she keeps drinking water. Don't want kidney problems...
Not true about cats. True about dogs, not true about cats. It's not going to die from not eating in two days, but it will suffer permanent organ damage. Do not kid around with a cat that's not eating.
[Reply]
luv 09:50 AM 05-03-2012
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Have you tried any tuna? Also, Science Diet makes a high-calorie food that supposedly no cat can resist, but you'll need a prescription for it. Worth it, in my opinion.

Not true about cats. Cats can't go very long without food - they're not like dogs. Get worried if it's more than a couple of days. Their organs will begin to be damaged, starting with the liver. This happened to my Mille a couple years ago.

The trick is making sure you know they're not eating. Often, they'll eat when you can't see them. Try some wet food, canned tuna, etc. If that doesn't work, try to get that Science Diet - Prescription Diet a/d Canine/Feline Critical Care. The stuff is specifically aimed at cats that don't want to eat (among other things).
My dad's cat eats wet food, so I took hers, put my finger in it and Fat Cat licked it off my finger. I put the can down in front of her, but she sniffed and then turned her head.

I'll try getting some tuna today. If nothing helps by tomorrow, then I'm calling the vet in the morning. She basically hasn't eaten since Sunday night.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:59 AM 05-03-2012
My dad's cat eats wet food, so I took hers, put my finger in it and Fat Cat licked it off my finger. I put the can down in front of her, but she sniffed and then turned her head.

I'll try getting some tuna today. If nothing helps by tomorrow, then I'm calling the vet in the morning. She basically hasn't eaten since Sunday night.
If she'll eat off your finger, keep doing that.

I really don't want to scare you, but I did two weeks of this with Mille and eventually had to have her put down. We came to a point where we were giving her subcutaneous fluid injections to keep her fluids up, a pill to stimulate appetite (which she ended up being allergic to) and force feeding her. But we couldn't get enough in her to help. Vet gave us the option of putting in a feeding tube, but by then she already had a distended liver and her kidneys were shutting down. Doc said that only gave her a 10-15 percent chance of survival, even with the feeding tube. We decided to end her obvious pain and put her at ease.

The only thing we could get Mille to touch by herself was tuna, but she'd only eat a bite or two of that if it was a good day.
[Reply]
luv 10:02 AM 05-03-2012
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
If she'll eat off your finger, keep doing that.

I really don't want to scare you, but I did two weeks of this with Mille and eventually had to have her put down. We came to a point where we were giving her subcutaneous fluid injections to keep her fluids up, a pill to stimulate appetite (which she ended up being allergic to) and force feeding her. But we couldn't get enough in her to help. Vet gave us the option of putting in a feeding tube, but by then she already had a distended liver and her kidneys were shutting down. Doc said that only gave her a 10-15 percent chance of survival, even with the feeding tube. We decided to end her obvious pain and put her at ease.

The only thing we could get Mille to touch by herself was tuna, but she'd only eat a bite or two of that if it was a good day.
I'm sure Fat Cat will be fine. I'm just anxious to get her done with her pain med to see if it helps.
[Reply]
luv 12:03 PM 05-07-2012
Took Fat Cat back to the vet today. She still hasn't been eating. Super lethargic. They're doing blood work this time, along with one other test, that's going to be another $132. I'm not sure if I can spend any more if they find something wrong.
[Reply]
luv 01:36 PM 05-07-2012
Putting her down in less than an hour. :-)

Kidney failure. It's will cost out the wazoo just to see if there's a chance she might have some active left. I just can't do it.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:39 PM 05-07-2012

Kidney failure. It's will cost out the wazoo just to see if there's a chance she might have some active left. I just can't do it.
Sorry to hear this. Having to put a pet down sucks like nothing else. :-)
[Reply]
seclark 01:49 PM 05-07-2012

bad deal.
sec
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:57 PM 05-07-2012

Sorry to hear, luv. That really sucks.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:07 PM 05-07-2012

That sucks Leann. I'm very sad to hear this.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:12 PM 05-07-2012
I'm sorry you have to put her down. It's always a hard thing to do.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 167
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Up