ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 163
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:36 PM 11-21-2020
The son put another one on the swingset today. As usual, within 15 minutes after sunset, so 15 minutes before the hunting day ends. Woot.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:41 AM 11-22-2020
So it looks like we're in the market for a larger deep freezer. :-)

[Reply]
ptlyon 11:45 AM 11-22-2020
Shit yeah, mow em down!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:53 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Shit yeah, mow em down!
That's exactly what the farm owner says. He says there's nothing cute about an overgrown rabbit that eats his crops. Not to mention that for every one they take, there are plenty still out there.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:02 PM 11-22-2020
Spent the morning in a ground blind. Lots of geese flying about. Just not to the field I was in.
Oh well. Try again Thursday morning.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:28 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
That's exactly what the farm owner says. He says there's nothing cute about an overgrown rabbit that eats his crops. Not to mention that for every one they take, there are plenty still out there.
Over population. Rack and stack em! Know the meat won't be going to waste!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:38 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Over population. Rack and stack em! Know the meat won't be going to waste!
Not one ounce.
[Reply]
R Clark 12:59 PM 11-22-2020
The rut is hot and heavy where I live and been that way for the last week, damn near every pasture I pull into the last few days will have action going on .My son found two locked up couple days ago both still alive but wore out. Called the GW by the time they got to it one had died they shot the other one cut both their heads off and took them and took the carcass of the one that was shot.
[Reply]
Otter 01:29 PM 11-22-2020
Not one ounce.
I've always found that venison was best slow cooked and marinated. If you have any recipes post 'em up!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:45 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
I've always found that venison was best slow cooked and marinated. If you have any recipes post 'em up!
Here ya go (from the "What's for Dinner" thread), the longer process. Sous vide baby. Roast, strap. loin; simply a Godly feast... What we grind goes into chili, spaghetti, and breakfast casseroles.

This is a roast and a loin...

Well I'm invited back to deer camp. JC this is awesome.

From coming out of the water to post sear. OMG "this is the way"... They all said they will be buying sous vide machine very soon. That's when you know it was good.

[Reply]
Otter 01:59 PM 11-22-2020
I've always wanted to explore the Sous vide route of culinary but found the containers needed for cooking were just to large for the kitchen. It's like having an empty fish tank in the room.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:29 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
I've always wanted to explore the Sous vide route of culinary but found the containers needed for cooking were just to large for the kitchen. It's like having an empty fish tank in the room.
True, that's why we have a Emeril Lagasse 12-in-1 pressure cooker, air fryer, sous vide, slow cooker....... Not the best at anything, but it's a single unit that does it all. Instantpot has ones that are just like it.

Just make sure it says it does sous vide.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:27 PM 11-25-2020
Well my 7 year old sons been dying to set up over a creek below my dads, so I busted the portable blind out for the first time ever (in a tree stand guy regardless of weather). Set it up , I don’t normally shoot does because we have public land on 3 sides and they clean up pretty much anything that walks. But I say down and said given the chance I’ll take a doe for my boys first real season of going. So I did another something I never do and missed a damn doe completely. Rarely rifle hunt, rarely blind hunt, and rarely miss one. Missed for the first time since I was 15. But ended up being a great spot the creeks flowing and covers the noise of my fidgety buddy.
[Reply]
seclark 08:21 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Well my 7 year old sons been dying to set up over a creek below my dads, so I busted the portable blind out for the first time ever (in a tree stand guy regardless of weather). Set it up , I don’t normally shoot does because we have public land on 3 sides and they clean up pretty much anything that walks. But I say down and said given the chance I’ll take a doe for my boys first real season of going. So I did another something I never do and missed a damn doe completely. Rarely rifle hunt, rarely blind hunt, and rarely miss one. Missed for the first time since I was 15. But ended up being a great spot the creeks flowing and covers the noise of my fidgety buddy.
Good time though, huh?
sec
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:31 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by seclark:
Good time though, huh?
sec
Yessir the boy was “glassing” with the binoculars and after 3 hunts of seeing nothing it was welcomed excitement.
[Reply]
Page 158 of 163
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162 > Last »
Up