< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Diego Maradona
Ocotillo 10:36 AM 11-25-2020

BREAKING NEWS: Morre Diego Maradona pic.twitter.com/QiOyPkqWoX

— CNN Brasil (@CNNBrasil) November 25, 2020

[Reply]
Rain Man 11:18 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Soccer is the biggest sport in the world...more people know him than you would believe.
It's too bad he wasn't good enough to make the leap to football as a kicker. That's the way to become famous if you're otherwise just a soccer player.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:23 AM 11-25-2020
Soccer is the biggest sport in the world...more people know him than you would believe.
Most of the members of this board are from the US where soccer is basically an afterthought. That “biggest sport in the world” line always bugs me. It’s only the biggest sport because it costs literally nothing to play.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:31 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Most of the members of this board are from the US where soccer is basically an afterthought. That “biggest sport in the world” line always bugs me. It’s only the biggest sport because it costs literally nothing to play.
It's the biggest sport because it's a world wide phenomenon. You could be a rich white kid in hollywood and make it as a soccer player, or you could be a poor black kid from Brazil and make it etc. All nations and folks from all walks of life can make it and that's what make it a special sport.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:34 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Aussie rules football or rubgy seem equally cheap to play but are nowhere near taking over soccer in popularity , there might be more to it than you think.

I have seen live soccer in Italy and Live MLB, soccer is much more enjoyable to watch live, I still have no clue why baseball is so popular, like 15 minutes of "action" in a 3 hour period.

back to the point RIP Maradona,
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:34 AM 11-25-2020
RIP to the hand of God
[Reply]
fan4ever 11:39 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Have they checked to be sure that he didn't just flop?
:-):-):-) Excellent.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:43 AM 11-25-2020
Probably the greatest soccer player to ever live... Patrick Mahomes of soccer... Except Patrick is a better person...
RIP..
[Reply]
loochy 12:00 PM 11-25-2020
Coke OD?
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:09 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Coke OD?
Sadly, his teammates were all standing there with the adrenaline shot to plunge into his heart, but none of them could use their hands.
[Reply]
Spott 12:35 PM 11-25-2020
Never heard of it. So this guy as married to Madonna?
[Reply]
bdj23 12:41 PM 11-25-2020
He singlehandedly kept the English from advancing in a WC knockout stage, so he is alright in my book.
[Reply]
Stro39 12:55 PM 11-25-2020
For me, the GOAT. Unreal what he did. Will never be repeated.

Won a World Cup off his own boot, then joins basically the then equivalent of the New York Jets and takes them to a title in the then toughest league on the planet, all the while getting destroyed by opponent physically in a fashion unimaginable today (opponents basically launching themselves at his knees with kicks etc).

Also, at the same time being an insane lad about it all (humungous drug and sex binges) - Maradona is the prototypical case for having a million dollar boot with a 10 cent head on his shoulders.

Also came from complete poverty. Sad to see him go, but glad to have seen him.
[Reply]
Pants 01:27 PM 11-25-2020
RIP Diego. Definitely one of the greatest to ever lace them up.

Messi is the GOAT, though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:30 PM 11-25-2020

[Reply]
Monticore 01:31 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Sadly, his teammates were all standing there with the adrenaline shot to plunge into his heart, but none of them could use their hands.
I want a can of that magic spray that seems to heal people instantaneously.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up