ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is our defense bad because of Corona?
kczoo 08:34 AM 11-25-2020
I mean when you think about it no fans in the stands really would hamper any motivation as far as crowd noise goes. I don't care what other teams are doing when we've toted Arrowhead as being an advantage in forever because of crowd noise you got to think playing to a quiet arena especially on defense you're kind of not very pumped up. I mean you look at last year and hell we were down in the playoffs and offense came back so the defense has always pretty much been the same. Dirty Dan is either the star or he stinks and should be cut. I know these guys need to dig down deep but when you look at what we did last year oh, my God the only time we got it together and held a good team was actually the super bowl but then again they had people cheering for them and they were pumped
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by kczoo:
I mean when you think about it no fans in the stands really would hamper any motivation as far as crowd noise goes. I don't care what other teams are doing when we've toted Arrowhead as being an advantage in forever because of crowd noise you got to think playing to a quiet arena especially on defense you're kind of not very pumped up. I mean you look at last year and hell we were down in the playoffs and offense came back so the defense has always pretty much been the same. Dirty Dan is either the star or he stinks and should be cut. I know these guys need to dig down deep but when you look at what we did last year oh, my God the only time we got it together and held a good team was actually the super bowl but then again they had people cheering for them and they were pumped
They allowed 13 ppg from week 11 to week 17 last year. They "got it together" more than one time down the stretch.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:04 AM 11-25-2020
Our 16,000 fans at Arrowhead just need to get louder and we will play better.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:07 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They allowed 13 ppg from week 11 to week 17 last year. They "got it together" more than one time down the stretch.
I swear people don't even watch the same fucking games as we do
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:18 AM 11-25-2020
They've allowed on average 17 points against per game against everyone but the Raiders (35 points allowed) apparently. We saw them have these dumps and bruises in the middle of last season and they stepped up in the end. Thornhill needs to start again and hopefully Sneed and Gay start too. I expect to see improvements down the stretch now...especially with the pass-rush.
[Reply]
oldman 11:59 AM 11-25-2020
Yes, crowd noise is a motivational factor, but I question if it doesn't bother the opposing team more than it amps up our D. Some of our best games have been on the road with no fans or all opposing fans.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:00 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It seems that everyone is ignoring the point you are making about crowd noise. I think that's valid. Our defense really seems to thrive when the crowd energy is insane, so I can buy that that's had an impact.

Really, that could be a factor league wide. Crowd noise is usually a factor 50% of the time, but right now it's just not at all. That clearly should be a benefit for offenses to some extent.
This is no longer a valid excuse by week 11.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:22 PM 11-25-2020
If the D can get 3 stops a game and a turnover- we should win.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:31 PM 11-25-2020
Just for context, our defense's current DVOA is ranked #14. So they're not great, but they're not bad.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dv...1-dvoa-ratings

By comparison, our final DVOA after last regular season was ranked...#14.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dv...9-dvoa-ratings
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:15 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Just for context, our defense's current DVOA is ranked #14. So they're not great, but they're not bad.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dv...1-dvoa-ratings

By comparison, our final DVOA after last regular season was ranked...#14.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dv...9-dvoa-ratings
I don't know if it's Marty nostalgia or PTSD from 2018 but people are way overreacting about the defense.

Imagine if we were a team like the Ravens, who are built around their defense.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:48 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't know if it's Marty nostalgia or PTSD from 2018 but people are way overreacting about the defense.

Imagine if we were a team like the Ravens, who are built around their defense.
Yet they’re capable of giving up 30+ to good offenses just like us. Same as just about every defense in the NFL except for maybe Pittsburgh.
[Reply]
O.city 03:51 PM 11-25-2020
I’d like for it to be better considering how much they’re paying for a few of them but it’s what it needs to be

As long as they show up when they need to it won’t matter
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:53 PM 11-25-2020
The defense isn't "bad".

People that believe the defense is "bad" are outright fucking retarded.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:57 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’d like for it to be better considering how much they’re paying for a few of them but it’s what it needs to be

Offenses work tirelessly to defend against excellent defenders, so it stands to reason that individuals will have less than stellar days from time to time.

The Raiders offense was nothing less than excellent Sunday Night.

Their receivers are all well above average and Darren Waller has become the second best Tight End in the league in a short period of time. The dude is 6'6 and ran a 4.46 40 at the Combine and he plays fast as well, making him a matchup nightmare, especially against a 5'9 Tyrann Matheiu.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:00 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yet they’re capable of giving up 30+ to good offenses just like us. Same as just about every defense in the NFL except for maybe Pittsburgh.
That's exactly my point.

EVERY defense gets blasted from time to time. Especially in this offense-driven league.

Imagine being one of those teams that is built around their defense only to have a performance like Sunday night and LOSING.

People need to freaking get over it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:04 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

The problem is that you're talking about the defense, which by definition, is the defense.

Offenses dictate matchups. Every defense has a weak link somewhere that can be exploited. Because of the fact that this defense is built with some high-paid guys, our defense has more than a few weak links, unfortunately.

Spags is great at masking it with scheme but NFL offenses are going to find a way.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up