ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Predator Reboot
Tribal Warfare 07:45 PM 11-21-2020

Director of the just announced #Predator reboot, Dan Trachtenberg, reveals he's been working on the project for four years!https://t.co/ItacWhliVb pic.twitter.com/LahwYTRTAx

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) November 21, 2020

#Prey will have a Comanche dub when it releases: https://t.co/tkuIvUZNmr

— The Illuminerdi (@The_Illuminerdi) July 22, 2022

[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:12 AM 11-22-2020
How many times are they going to reboot this movie...as well as Aliens.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:15 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I just don’t know how you can out do the original.
It's not possible, same as with the first two Alien movies.

The original Predator was sci-fi perfection. The second was a severe drop-off but still worthy of existing imho. Everything after that and Aliens needs to be flushed down the memory hole. Reboot from there if you're going to reboot at all.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:30 AM 11-22-2020
The original Predator was fantastic. I loved the way they started it with a cartoonish Commando-style raid, then introduced a monster that picked all the badasses off one by one. That was an interesting spin.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:51 AM 11-22-2020
Sorry to change the subject, but its about damn time the LONG AGO promised Conan sequel with Arnold was made

[Reply]
Frazod 11:04 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Sorry to change the subject, but its about damn time the LONG AGO promised Conan sequel with Arnold was made

Uh, no. Leave it the fuck alone.

The original Conan, despite it's many flaws, is one of my all time favorites. The '84 sequel was an abomination, as was the Mamoa reboot.

I really don't think a geriatric Arnie battling bunch of CGI monsters would end up any better.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:13 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Uh, no. Leave it the **** alone.

The original Conan, despite it's many flaws, is one of my all time favorites. The '84 sequel was an abomination, as was the Mamoa reboot.

I really don't think a geriatric Arnie battling bunch of CGI monsters would end up any better.
What a great flick

“The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.”

[Points to sword]

Conan's Father: “This you can trust.”
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:31 AM 11-22-2020
Uh, no. Leave it the fuck alone.

Normally I'd agree here, but back when this rumor first got hot I read an interview with the producer (forgot his name), and he said they were doing everything possible to keep the old magic

If they manage to do that, I'd love to see the aged and grizzled old king by his own hand defend the kingdom one last time
[Reply]
rydogg58 11:58 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It's not possible, same as with the first two Alien movies.

The original Predator was sci-fi perfection. The second was a severe drop-off but still worthy of existing imho. Everything after that and Aliens needs to be flushed down the memory hole. Reboot from there if you're going to reboot at all.
Most of the Aliens sequels weren't that great, but I'll still watch them occasionally. With Prometheus and Covenant, however, I find that I enjoy them more if I try not to think of them as reboots. They're pretty good visually if you look at them more as "side universe" stories rather than reboots.

Same with the Predator movies. While the last Predator reboot was straight up trash, I actually like the AvP movies.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:26 PM 11-22-2020
I'll never not watch a new installment of a classic action franchise. Terminator, Predator, Alien.

But yeesh. They really need to get it right this time. The latest Predator reboot was absolute garbage.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:47 PM 11-22-2020
I don't care to be honest, as long as they don't try to shove a recast Dutch/Dillon down our throats.

Any movie with a Predator in it is fun, even if it's bad.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:16 PM 11-22-2020
Alien vs Predator was great imo.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 01:32 PM 11-22-2020
Normally I'd agree here, but back when this rumor first got hot I read an interview with the producer (forgot his name), and he said they were doing everything possible to keep the old magic

If they manage to do that, I'd love to see the aged and grizzled old king by his own hand defend the kingdom one last time
the old magic isn't duplicable. 82CtB started with Oliver Stone creating a screenplay from an amalgam of the source material. (Conan & Kull) Robert E Howards' stories never made it to the point where Conan was King of Aquilonia. Milius isn't able to direct since his stroke. Ron Cobb (production designer) died a few months ago. nobody can replace all that talent behind the camera. movies aren't made that way anymore.

also the guy that purchased the rights to Conan is a real dick hole and very protective of the IP. He wont agree to anything without a huge check up front.

there's this though

[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:25 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Alien vs Predator was great imo.
I loved that series growing up. I own the first, enjoyed the second and even read a bunch of the novels back in my teenage years.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:35 PM 11-22-2020

Old Arnie shooting guns is one thing. Old Arnie swinging that heavy ass Atlantean sword around like he did back in 1981 is quite another. I've got one hanging on my wall (authentic replica made by Marto, the Spanish sword makers who did weapons for the movie). You'd have be a beast to effectively use that thing for real, and while I'm sure he's still in great shape for his age, his age is 73. And while I'm sure they could bullshit around it, it would be bullshit.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:46 PM 11-22-2020
Old Arnie shooting guns is one thing. Old Arnie swinging that heavy ass Atlantean sword around like he did back in 1981 is quite another. I've got one hanging on my wall (authentic replica made by Marto, the Spanish sword makers who did weapons for the movie). You'd have be a beast to effectively use that thing for real, and while I'm sure he's still in great shape for his age, his age is 73. And while I'm sure they could bullshit around it, it would be bullshit.
I ran into him a few years back and he was definitely "fit" but he wasn't anywhere near as pumped as he was in the 80's and 90's.

Also, there's not a chance in hell he's even a centimeter taller than 5'10.

But you're absolutely correct: If he was to take on the role of Conan, he'd need a "fake" sword, like a fake lightsaber, in order to "fight" onscreen.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up