ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Netflix: The Queen’s Gambit
BigRedChief 09:23 PM 11-16-2020
Who isn’t watching a pure fictional show about chess and it’s top players in the 60’s?

I know, WTF BRC? But wait, It’s so well made, acted that it’s worth your time. Get back with me with your flames if you don’t agree.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:38 PM 11-16-2020
I really enjoyed it......

way more than I thought I would. It's very well done.
[Reply]
007 09:56 PM 11-16-2020
Absolutely great series
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:15 PM 11-16-2020
There are quite a few posts about it in the Must Watch Series Thread.

It’s a show that I wouldn’t normally be into but it was really fucking good. I gave a shit about the characters. And some moments in there hit like a truck.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:18 PM 11-16-2020
I also read something interesting that there was a notable dichotomy between Beth and Benny regarding how females were treated with success versus males.

It was an Interesting perspective through which to view the series
[Reply]
srvy 10:58 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
There are quite a few posts about it in the Must Watch Series Thread.

It’s a show that I wouldn’t normally be into but it was really fucking good. I gave a shit about the characters. And some moments in there hit like a truck.
It was a wonderful short series that just drew you in. I can't think of one dud episode.

Chess when I was in school had a kinda big following for some because Bobby Ficher and Boris Spaski matches during the cold war. I even believe it was televised on Wide World of Sports. My brother and I would play on rainy days till we got bored and someone dumped the board. That series takes place about the same time period I grew up in which especially piqued my interest. Highly recommend Queens Gambit to everyone. It's the best thing on Netflix right now.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 02:26 AM 11-17-2020
By far the best series, movie that revolves around chess that I’ve ever seen. The attention to detail on set design and clothing are really impressive.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:52 AM 11-17-2020
The editing was really great in this series...weren't a lot of wasted steps as far as the pacing of the story...it's a hard thing to do that often gets overlooked. The music selections were strong too. Great character development and acting ...

This is going to win a lot of of awards...it was kind of an unassuming plot that through he skill of the direction was made engaging. Loved it...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:05 PM 11-18-2020
If you liked this because it was so well made, directed, edited and acted try.... Godless on NetFlix

Same co-creator and director (Scott Frank) did that Netflix series. Watched it a couple of years ago and loved it. The cinematography is soooo outstanding. Some of the best shots I’ve ever seen in a Western. Looked it up and the guy won Oscars for cinematography before.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:51 AM 11-19-2020
We gotta talk about Anya Taylor-Joy. I 100% think she is a smokeshow, but I can't quite put my finger on as to why.

Very unique look, anyone understand what I'm trying to say? Not conventionally hot per say.
[Reply]
srvy 12:16 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
We gotta talk about Anya Taylor-Joy. I 100% think she is a smokeshow, but I can't quite put my finger on as to why.

Very unique look, anyone understand what I'm trying to say? Not conventionally hot per say.
I understand. In the show, one of the Russian peasants states she looks like Ann Margaret. I had such a crush on her and Anya does have her looks.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:27 PM 11-19-2020

I know, right? It seems like she gets way way more sexiness and sensual energy out of what she has to work with to be considered ”Hollywood” hot.

I just can’t put my finger on it what exactly it is that makes her seem really hot without trying to be hot.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:28 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I know, right? It seems like she gets way way more sexiness and sensual energy out of what she has to work with to be considered ”Hollywood” hot.

I just can’t put my finger on it what exactly it is that makes her seem really hot without trying to be hot.
I thought it was just me. I have a thing for redheads (chicks. Don’t get any bright ideas BRC)
[Reply]
EPodolak 01:17 AM 11-23-2020
Just finished watching this, really good story-telling. Enjoyed it a lot.
[Reply]
candyman 04:11 PM 11-23-2020

She is amazingly attractive. I've seen her in other stuff but after this she's in my top 5.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up