ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Is our defense bad because of Corona?
kczoo 08:34 AM 11-25-2020
I mean when you think about it no fans in the stands really would hamper any motivation as far as crowd noise goes. I don't care what other teams are doing when we've toted Arrowhead as being an advantage in forever because of crowd noise you got to think playing to a quiet arena especially on defense you're kind of not very pumped up. I mean you look at last year and hell we were down in the playoffs and offense came back so the defense has always pretty much been the same. Dirty Dan is either the star or he stinks and should be cut. I know these guys need to dig down deep but when you look at what we did last year oh, my God the only time we got it together and held a good team was actually the super bowl but then again they had people cheering for them and they were pumped
[Reply]
O.city 06:23 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The problem is that you're talking about the defense, which by definition, is the defense.

Offenses dictate matchups. Every defense has a weak link somewhere that can be exploited. Because of the fact that this defense is built with some high-paid guys, our defense has more than a few weak links, unfortunately.

Spags is great at masking it with scheme but NFL offenses are going to find a way.
For sure

But when you go this way, you need your high paid stars to cover some warts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:33 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
For sure

But when you go this way, you need your high paid stars to cover some warts.
More often than not, they do. If they didn't, we'd be giving up 30+ every game. Covering warts isn't flashy though and that's what people are complaining about.

Here's some food for thought:

The 49ers defensive line last year was all-world. Bosa is a stud, right?

Bosa's sack rate, and in fact the production of the entire defensive line, dropped by almost 50% when Dee Ford wasn't on the field.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 06:52 PM 11-25-2020
There is nothing wrong with this team.

The defense is going to have off days where they give up more points than others just like the offense sometimes struggles to put up their normal 30+.

The Raiders have executed perfectly twice and both games STILL should have gone to the Chiefs. If not for the BS penalties in the first game we pull away in the first half. Just like the second game we should have had the lead and ended at least 42-31 if not for the brain fart from Robinson at the end of the first half. We all saw what happens to Carr when he has to throw it up to catch up. The key to the two Raiders games is that there were pivotal moments where KC normally gets up those two scores and puts pressure on Carr that he can’t handle. We win both of those games by double digits if they unfold the way they normally do 9 out of 10 times.

Respect to the Raiders for playing to good games but again their best game only wins when KC isn’t being penalized or shooting itself in the foot. Honestly, I’d love to play the Raiders again because the chances of us putting up 40 on them is far greater than them getting 30 again.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up