ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 18
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you own an Electric car or plan to buy one
R Clark 01:47 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The whole idea of the Harley is stupid. It's so loud and they jack the handle bars way up. Looks like just a terribly uncomfortable way to ride a motorcycle and they are ****ing annoying. I hate them.
Not that it matters but are you by chance homosexual?
[Reply]
Lzen 11:29 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The whole idea of the Harley is stupid. It's so loud and they jack the handle bars way up. Looks like just a terribly uncomfortable way to ride a motorcycle and they are ****ing annoying. I hate them.
You are such a beta. I grew up loving the sound of a good engine rumble, whether it be from a bike or a hot rod. Don't get me wrong, when I lived in the city, I didn't appreciate the asshole who would go full throttle down my street at 3am every so often.😡 But most bikers are actually nice and very stable people. As for the bars, not all Harleys have ape hangers. Mine doesn't. It looks to me to be very uncomfortable, but to each his own, I guess.
[Reply]
oldman 12:00 AM 02-23-2021
No doubt EVs are the future, GM has said they will be out of the gas car business by 2035. I think today's cars are fine for commuting and such, but the thing that bothers me is the current range. We still drive to Denver and I don't really want to stay in Colby, Ks overnight. When you can get 500-600 miles from a charge, or get a 300 mile charge with the same time it takes to fill a 20 gallon tank with gas, you might get more people to buy in.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:41 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
No doubt EVs are the future, GM has said they will be out of the gas car business by 2035. I think today's cars are fine for commuting and such, but the thing that bothers me is the current range. We still drive to Denver and I don't really want to stay in Colby, Ks overnight. When you can get 500-600 miles from a charge, or get a 300 mile charge with the same time it takes to fill a 20 gallon tank with gas, you might get more people to buy in.
I agree that the range is really the only deterrent for me. I work in sales and in some sales jobs I've had, I drive all over the SW region and others I drive just within Los Angeles. So when I'm driving around this much I think "man wouldn't it be great if the car drove itself and I could just work like I'm in the office, I'd get 2x done daily or I could watch a movie on long drives... the annoying part of my Lil daydream would be stopping for extended periods on longer trips to charge. You would have to coordinate them with food stops or whatever. So instead of Tesla, I'm considering the new Jeep 4xe hybrid. Only gets 25 miles electric, but that is perfect for daily driving in the city and then switch to gas on road trips. Plus I love the outdoors and the Jeep can go anywhere.
[Reply]
ghak99 12:18 AM 02-23-2021
They don't offer an option that fits my needs, but if they did I would.
[Reply]
backinblack 10:33 AM 02-23-2021
kids these days don't appreciate a good exhaust
[Reply]
philfree 11:43 AM 02-23-2021
I always thought Harley Davidson should make Jet Skis. You could be a badass cruising the lake on your Harley in your black neoprene biker vest/life jacket.
[Reply]
Kopinto 02:46 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by jd1120:
Nope. Not against it, but they are just too damn expensive right now. Even hybrids take like 10 years to get your money back over just buying the straight gas model.

When they start getting more reasonably priced and more advanced with charging I'll probably get some via these guys.
I was rather sceptical about electric cars mostly because of their range. 500 km is too little in my opinion thus you are constantly thinking about near chargers. But not long ago Tesla announced Tesla Model S Plaid+ version with 856 km range and 1.99s acceleration. To my mind these specs are sort of a game changer. I believe that in the foreseeable future we will witness 1000+ km range.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:09 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Kopinto:
I was rather sceptical about electric cars mostly because of their range. 500 km is too little in my opinion thus you are constantly thinking about near chargers. But not long ago Tesla announced Tesla Model S Plaid+ version with 856 km range and 1.99s acceleration. To my mind these specs are sort of a game changer. I believe that in the foreseeable future we will witness 1000+ km range.
Then plug it in and let someone else pay for the electricity
[Reply]
DaFace 03:31 PM 04-24-2021
Well, yeah. That's a $120k car.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:08 PM 04-24-2021
Kilometers? That’s silly talk. What’s that convert to in the-country-currently-flying-drones-on-Mars units?
[Reply]
stevieray 10:14 PM 04-24-2021
In other news, at a car show today, I saw a MINT 1969 El Camino with a 454 BB and stock four on the floor.

:-)
[Reply]
Cntrygal 02:37 PM 04-25-2021
No and no.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:45 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
No and no.
This is the correct answer

[Reply]
sd4chiefs 12:37 PM 04-26-2021
My Wife and I are looking into going EV because our 9 year old BMW is starting to need a lot of expensive repairs. A lot of car manufacturers are coming out with their own cars to compete with Tesla this year and next. I really like the Audi E-tron GT. It is Porsche Taycan with a Audi A7 type body and it cost about the same as a high end Tesla model S if you get the lower end GT model. The range sucks but you can recharge the battery to 80% in about 20 minutes if you can find the right charging port. It is getting great reviews and (sorry Tesla fans) but Tesla has been around for so long they seem kind of boring to me. Yes, its crazy expensive but life has been good for us.

[Reply]
Page 11 of 18
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up