ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone ever experience burnout?
eDave 04:08 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I had it years ago.
hated my job; I would get to work and sit in my car in the parking lot, just dreading getting out of my car and walking in. fatasizing about just driving to a different state..completely irrational thoughts / though process. Just absolutely hated it. I couldn't expllain it to my wife. Best I could come up with in trying to explain the feeling of overwhelming dread when she would say "I' don't know why you worry about it...just enjoy your time at home", as to tell her "imagine on Friday you get off of work, and on Monday, you're going to jail for the next 24 months.....it's coming, and there's nothing you can do about it. and you can't stop thinking about it".

was tired all day every day because I could never sleep. I would be so exhausted and tired all day, and go to bed at night, then the feeling of dread and anxiety would keep me awake until like 2am; so I'd get about 3 hours of sleep per day.

my burnout was combine with depression/anxiety...though, they probably all work together in causing each others' issues.

I was miserable. absolutely miserable. wasn't thinking clearly or rationally. hopeless and dread was my day to day mental health. Not good. Mine was almost all work related. not sure if your burnout is work related or not. I spent a good 6 or 7 years in this mode - not at the same job, but same industry. I'm honestly not even sure how I made it out of that mental place. I did go to some counseling, maybe 4 sessions or so, but I wasn't buying in and thought it was a waste of time (at the time). Thankfully my wife stuck around and life has improved beyond words.

I would do whatever it is that is needed to get out of burnout mode. but finding out what that 'it' is, is always the bitch.
This was me. I didn't know how miserable I really was until just recently.
[Reply]
kcclone 03:04 PM 07-30-2020
Life is tough but it’s better than the alternative. I think everyone is a little down and out right now.

Also, everything is better when you’re working out consistently. It doesn’t have to be an hour per day of hard core training but take walks and lift weights for a few minutes. Even that will make you feel 3x better
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:07 PM 07-30-2020
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen

All right

I got somethin' to say

Yeah, it's better to burn out

Yeah, than fade away
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 03:07 PM 07-30-2020
I am right now i work hard yet I never get rewarded or anything. My coworker can just barely do anything and they love him. It like i don't give a shit anymore. Plus it hard to meet people who share my interests.
[Reply]
Bewbies 03:09 PM 07-30-2020
I’ve been there. It was on a trip up to the Pacific NW with my wife I realized it. Took me almost 3 days to unwind enough to even be present where I was.

This led me to a lot to questions, all a deeper version of why. Why am I working this hard? Why is that my answer? Is that answer true? What is it I actually need. What is it I actually want? That kind of stuff. Got super honest with myself and didn’t like the answers.

That was 4 years ago, I’m super happy now. Really enjoy what I do, and who I have become going through that.

I really, really believe this pause we are all in is a huge opportunity some people are going to take advantage of and come out on the other side changed, happy, on a new course. And I think if we are all honest, we can all use some time to reflect on where we are. Where we eventually want to be, and if we are in fact on that path.

Do the work man, it’s worth it. I’d recommend reading some books, watching documentaries on curating your life. Cal Newport, The Minimalists, Ekart Tolle, Rich Roll and Rob Bell all come to mind as people who had work influence me while I was working through all of that.
[Reply]
digger 07:46 PM 07-30-2020

[Reply]
Kman34 03:12 PM 07-30-2020

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:52 PM 07-30-2020
I was there 6 months ago. I Negotiated an exit from my Corp job and have never felt better! Lost 25 lbs on Intermittent Fasting and light circuit training. I've camped, hiked and fished 10+ National Parks through CA, NV, UT, CO, KS, NM, and AZ. I finished a 2nd College Degree, took a Harvard Business Course, just started my 12th audiobook, and started a company.

...The key is taking some time to focus on you! Not work, not kids, not wifey. Do something for you! Set goals for you!

The hardest part for me was starting to eat healthy and workout, but if you get through the first 3 weeks or so it becomes tremendously rewarding and it's obvious that this was what I was missing.
[Reply]
eDave 06:56 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I was there 6 months ago. I Negotiated an exit from my Corp job and have never felt better! Lost 25 lbs on Intermittent Fasting and light circuit training. I've camped, hiked and fished 10+ National Parks through CA, NV, UT, CO, KS, NM, and AZ. I finished a 2nd College Degree, took a Harvard Business Course, and just started my 12th audiobook.

...The key is taking some time to focus on you! Not work, not kids, not wifey. Do something for you! Set goals for you!

The hardest part for me was starting to eat healthy and workout, but if you get through the first 3 weeks or so it becomes tremendously rewarding and it's obvious that this was what I was missing.
You need a name change, man.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:08 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
You need a name change, man.
WOW! THANKS MAN! ...you might be right.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:47 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I was there 6 months ago. I Negotiated an exit from my Corp job and have never felt better! Lost 25 lbs on Intermittent Fasting and light circuit training. I've camped, hiked and fished 10+ National Parks through CA, NV, UT, CO, KS, NM, and AZ. I finished a 2nd College Degree, took a Harvard Business Course, and just started my 12th audiobook.

Damn you should have a PHD by 2021. Seriously though, that's awesome. Kudos.
[Reply]
btlook1 06:45 AM 08-31-2020
Yes burned out in 2018 took time off work saw a counselor which helped some she helped me understand depression and anxiety. I think what helped the most was the prozac they finally put me on. Tried several different drugs before that but that is what works. Still see Dr every 90 days but doing much better. Didn't hate my job had a good one but a demanding job got to where I wouldn't go in, would pretty much get sick just thinking about going to work. Finally quit and felt better immediately I now have a part time job that pays about 1/3 of what I used to make but I don't feel like shit before I have to go work. Miss the $$ but not the job and can live on what I make as we are responsible with our $$ and wife has a decent job.

I was not to proud to ask for help!! If you need help go get it as that is what Doctors are for!! If your married and your wife supports you that is a big plus!!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:14 PM 07-30-2020
Yup. Last year-the cluster. Im sure you read my posts.

TAKE TIME OFF. See what options there are. PTO for medical leave or 6 week leave. Most employers have an employee help line that offers counseling then a good insurance discount for counseling. It does not hurt to take a mild anxiety medication. Think mine is Sertraline.

My doc said around age 50, the brain becomes less plastic. More rigid. Meaning its ability to react and adapt slows. Not sure of your age. But at 50-I have been doing my job for 28 years. I was tired and the mix of kids were hell.

We all deserve to have valleys in life. Don't let it continue to fester.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:17 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Yup. Last year-the cluster. Im sure you read my posts.

TAKE TIME OFF. See what options there are. PTO for medical leave or 6 week leave. Most employers have an employee help line that offers counseling then a good insurance discount for counseling. It does not hurt to take a mild anxiety medication. Think mine is Sertraline.

My doc said around age 50, the brain becomes less plastic. More rigid. Meaning its ability to react and adapt slows. Not sure of your age. But at 50-I have been doing my job for 28 years. I was tired and the mix of kids were hell.

We all deserve to have valleys in life. Don't let it continue to fester.
I'll be 40 this year, my home life has become more stressful also which is playing in.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:22 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'll be 40 this year, my home life has become more stressful also which is playing in.
Start with counseling. I never thought I would be. It helped.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up