ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 383
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
frankotank 02:10 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by NewChief:
No Avery or Schlafly=Fail.
two great great breweries. Salvation.......a moment of silence.
do either of these breweries offer anything in cans though?

EDIT - I did find it interesting that supposedly the Fat Tire tastes better out of the can. I know from experience that canning a quality beer sometimes just ruins it. like youngs double chocolate for instance....gold out of a tap...crap out of a can. I do like Fat Tire. may have to try the can.
[Reply]
DMAC 02:24 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by frankotank:
two great great breweries. Salvation.......a moment of silence.

EDIT - I did find it interesting that supposedly the Fat Tire tastes better out of the can. I know from experience that canning a quality beer sometimes just ruins it. like youngs double chocolate for instance....gold out of a tap...crap out of a can. I do like Fat Tire. may have to try the can.
I took Fat Tire cans on a float trip last summer. It was delicious. Most things are delicious when on the river, though.
[Reply]
Phobia 02:25 PM 02-23-2012
Wuh?
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:29 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Wuh?
They are a Godsend on a float trip. Last year I had a mix of Fat Tire, Shiner Bock and an assortment of SKA Brewery beers for the actual float and also when hanging out in the river by our campground where bottled beer is illegal.

EDIT: I forgot I had a twelver of Schlafly Summer Ale in cans as well.
[Reply]
Phobia 02:35 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
They are a Godsend on a float trip. Last year I had a mix of Fat Tire, Shiner Bock and an assortment of SKA Brewery beers for the actual float and also when hanging out in the river by our campground where bottled beer is illegal.

EDIT: I forgot I had a twelver of Schlafly Summer Ale in cans as well.
Don't care. Won't drink out of a can. I've always just taken my bottles and taken care of them responsibly or not drank beer.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:35 PM 02-23-2012
Wuh?
I've never seen Avery or Schlafly in cans. I don't look for quality beer in cans. I don't buy quality beer in cans. the only cans in my house are bud light and pbr. it's a legitimate question from someone who doesn't want to go look it up!
[Reply]
frankotank 02:43 PM 02-23-2012
looks like Avery only offers Joes Pilsner in cans. never had it.

EDIT - nope, that's not true, I guess there are a few in cans. the ones I like most are bottles only. like Salvation. unless you ARE on a float trip I see no reason to buy these kinds of beer in cans....makes no sense.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:46 PM 02-23-2012
Don't care. Won't drink out of a can. I've always just taken my bottles and taken care of them responsibly or not drank beer.
I understand. But I do want to drink beer on the river and even if I'm careful, getting caught with a bottle on the river is a fineable offense. Yeah, its not the same as drinking quality beer out of a bottle, but it's better than Bud Light.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:49 PM 02-23-2012
I've never seen Avery or Schlafly in cans. I don't look for quality beer in cans. I don't buy quality beer in cans. the only cans in my house are bud light and pbr. it's a legitimate question from someone who doesn't want to go look it up!
Schlafly Summer Ale is available in cans.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:52 PM 02-23-2012
Craft beer in cans in a trend that will continue to grow. There are new market opportunities for craft beer in cans and a growing demand for it. The major obstacle is the cost of installing canning lines.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:55 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Craft beer in cans in a trend that will continue to grow. There are new market opportunities for craft beer in cans and a growing demand for it. The major obstacle is the cost of installing canning lines.
it's just weird to me. guinness in a can....it doesn't work man! maybe Avery Salvation could be OK in a can....but even if it was....I'd still go for the bottle...unless of course I was going on a float trip! :-)

WHY is this a growing trend?
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:00 PM 02-23-2012
it's just weird to me. guinness in a can....it doesn't work man! maybe Avery Salvation could be OK in a can....but even if it was....I'd still go for the bottle...unless of course I was going on a float trip! :-)

WHY is this a growing trend?
Golf courses, marinas, parks, you name it. Why leave all those markets to Bud Light guy? I'd personally go for a Blvd Pale Ale in a can at the golf course than the shit beer options most provide. Actually, I sneak mine on but the point remains.

http://www.brewbound.com/top-feature...cans-for-2012/
[Reply]
frankotank 03:08 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Golf courses, marinas, parks, you name it. Why leave all those markets to Bud Light guy? I'd personally go for a Blvd Pale Ale in a can at the golf course than the shit beer options most provide. Actually, I sneak mine on but the point remains.

http://www.brewbound.com/top-feature...cans-for-2012/
ahhh. makes mucho sense. hadn't thought of it that way.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:51 AM 02-27-2012
Found a new place in Omaha, The Lauter Tun... they're all about craft beer. They had BBQ, and even let us take one home for $15. :-)

Also sampled Straffe Hendrik Quad, which was pretty good. Wanted to try the Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee, but they were out.
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:03 PM 02-27-2012
I happened to be at a bar Saturday night that still had some of the Chocolate Ale on tap. First time trying it and although it was tasty, I don't get all the hype.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 383
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Up