ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 472 of 4879
« First < 372422462468469470471472 4734744754764825225729721472 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:23 PM 08-26-2016
Who let all this Donko trash in here? Here's a cherry-picked stat you can cram up your cornhole...KC was 3rd in points allowed..better than that crap franchise still living in Manningstein's shadow. "Historic" defense, my ass.....

Chiefs have been playing without 5 projected starters this pre-season...I know Donko's suck at math, but it's almost half of a defense. Now back to where you belong...in the cellar.

Who ever tried to trivialize KC's run by saying it was against back-ups....the frauds didn't face Dalton or Roethlisberger....nor did they have their 2 best players hurt (Charles/Houston). Suck it.

Your team is in trouble.....

Can you list one single position where the Donkos improved? Maybe Okung for 5-6 games but you were horrible there so it wasn't very tough to do....you lost your starting DT..his replacement and your leading tackler..and BOTH QBs. KC added the best RT in the NFL...and dumped Stephenson on your ass.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:48 PM 08-26-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's cherry picking because the difference between the 10th best YPC team and the Chiefs at 18 is .1. That's ridiculous.
That's not what cherry picking means.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:04 PM 08-26-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Who let all this Donko trash in here? Here's a cherry-picked stat you can cram up your cornhole...KC was 3rd in points allowed..better than that crap franchise still living in Manningstein's shadow. "Historic" defense, my ass.....

Chiefs have been playing without 5 projected starters this pre-season...I know Donko's suck at math, but it's almost half of a defense. Now back to where you belong...in the cellar.

Who ever tried to trivialize KC's run by saying it was against back-ups....the frauds didn't face Dalton or Roethlisberger....nor did they have their 2 best players hurt (Charles/Houston). Suck it.

Your team is in trouble.....

Can you list one single position where the Donkos improved? Maybe Okung for 5-6 games but you were horrible there so it wasn't very tough to do....you lost your starting DT..his replacement and your leading tackler..and BOTH QBs. KC added the best RT in the NFL...and dumped Stephenson on your ass.

[Reply]
staylor26 10:10 PM 08-26-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
That's not what cherry picking means.
You: Chiefs haven't had a good run defense under Reid.

Me: It was top 10 last year.

You: But they were 18th in YPC (.1 YPC behind #10)

That's cherry picking.

The Chiefs played against Hill/Bernard, Bell, AP, Lacy, McCoy, Forte, Murray, and Anderson last year. That's a pretty tough RB schedule, and the Chiefs shut most of those guys down.

You can try to twist the stats all you want, but the Chiefs run D was really good last year, especially in short yardage where it mattered most.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:20 PM 08-26-2016
Top 10 rushing defense (yardage)

1. Seattle
2. NY Jets
3. Denver
4. Carolina
5. Pittsburgh
6. Arizona.
7. Cincinnati.
8. Kansas City
9. New England.
10. Houston

Top 10 rushing defense (YPC)

1. Denver
2. Tampa Bay
3. NY Jets
4. Seattle
5. Jacksonville.
6. Pittsburgh
7. Carolina
8. Tennessee
9. Arizona
10. Baltimore

Gee, I wonder which list looks more accurate
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:26 PM 08-26-2016
Top 10 rushing defense (yardage)

1. Seattle
2. NY Jets
3. Denver
4. Carolina
5. Pittsburgh
6. Arizona.
7. Cincinnati.
8. Kansas City
9. New England.
10. Houston

Top 10 rushing defense (YPC)

1. Denver
2. Tampa Bay
3. NY Jets
4. Seattle
5. Jacksonville.
6. Pittsburgh
7. Carolina
8. Tennessee
9. Arizona
10. Baltimore

Gee, I wonder which list looks more accurate
Personally, the first list just looks like the best teams in the league, regardless of run defense.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:39 PM 08-26-2016
Personally, the first list just looks like the best defenses in the league, regardless of run defense.
Fixed.

The best defenses in the NFL get it done vs. the run and the pass. It's really that simple.

I find it very interesting that you put so much emphasis on stats, but with no context. Please tell me how you can look the Jags/Titans and the Chiefs statistics vs. the run without examining who they played against.

If the Chiefs got 6 games against the AFCS last year, I'm pretty sure that YPC stat would be at least .1 less. The AFCS was easily the worst division of RB's and rushing offenses in the league last year.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:42 PM 08-26-2016
Personally, the first list just looks like the best teams in the league, regardless of run defense.
Yeah..Jets are one of the best in the NFL.

Donkos are living in the past. No Manning, no play-offs....reality is a tough pill.

KC had you down 29-0, late....in your stadium. The fans were worried you were going to be blanked...I remember. There is nothing you can spin to rationalize that fact.

KC was better last year...and will be again this season. No one cares anymore...Manning is retired.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:23 AM 08-27-2016
Fixed.

The best defenses in the NFL get it done vs. the run and the pass. It's really that simple.

I find it very interesting that you put so much emphasis on stats, but with no context. Please tell me how you can look the Jags/Titans and the Chiefs statistics vs. the run without examining who they played against.

If the Chiefs got 6 games against the AFCS last year, I'm pretty sure that YPC stat would be at least .1 less. The AFCS was easily the worst division of RB's and rushing offenses in the league last year.
SOS is a valid argument. However, it seems like you think KC being a top ten run defense ruins my argument. I only said they weren't great. Top ten isn't really great.

Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Yeah..Jets are one of the best in the NFL.

Donkos are living in the past. No Manning, no play-offs....reality is a tough pill.

KC had you down 29-0, late....in your stadium. The fans were worried you were going to be blanked...I remember. There is nothing you can spin to rationalize that fact.

KC was better last year...and will be again this season. No one cares anymore...Manning is retired.
Jets were 10-6 last season. If the NFL did straight seeding, they would have been in the playoffs.

I don't even know what you're talking about in the rest of your post, to be honest.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:14 PM 08-27-2016

#Broncos Von Miller is stupid good. That is all.

— Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) August 28, 2016

Von has rushed twice and already has a sack :-)
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:21 PM 08-27-2016
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:

Von has rushed twice and already has a sack :-)
We really could care less what some Denver homer has to say about your murderer linebacker. Go Away!
[Reply]
New World Order 07:32 PM 08-27-2016
Denver offense looks like shit.

Rams offense moving the ball against Denver's defense.

Just awful.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:37 PM 08-27-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Denver offense looks like shit.

Rams offense moving the ball against Denver's defense.

Just awful.
The Broncos haven't even thrown a pass :-)

Coming into this game Denver led all teams in pass attempts, now they're trying to evaluate their running game.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:42 PM 08-27-2016
Broncos look horrific.

7 rushes for 13 yards and 24 total yards :-).
Case Keenum 7/10 for 79 yards and they drove the ball down the field on Denver's defense.
Rams have 93 total yards in the 1st Q. On pace for 372.

Denver has regressed this year. Especially on offense. Our DL is going to kill them, and we should have Houston back for both games.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:45 PM 08-27-2016
Talib deserves to be kicked out of the league.
[Reply]
Page 472 of 4879
« First < 372422462468469470471472 4734744754764825225729721472 > Last »
Up