ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 172
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:50 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Man.

Spoiler!

Bravo.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:59 PM 07-18-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 03:53 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Spoiler!
Yeah. That’s deep development. They could have left that out entirely and it would have still been fantastic. These guys are killing it. It’s nice to see good TV done right.

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Spoiler!
Heh. I’d missed that.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:50 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. That’s deep development. They could have left that out entirely and it would have still been fantastic. These guys are killing it. It’s nice to see good TV done right.

Heh. I’d missed that.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:53 AM 07-19-2022
What makes this ending so intriguing to anticipate, and really the strength of the entire show, is there is no rush. Four episodes to go and they’ve already pretty much tied up the huge loose ends with the main characters. Gus and mike since their story arcs only need to transition to breaking bad. But you’ve also already have closure on the law firm, the cartel feud, and even Kim and jimmy on the main aspects of their relationship. So the final 4 episodes can slowly and deliberately laser in on the transition to Saul and what happens to Kim. No distractions. I Think they still have some bombshells left to drop but it may end up being one of the most satisfactory endings in tv history.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:13 PM 07-19-2022
The BB ending was epic and perfect in all ways but was sprung upon you.

Now Picasso has 4 episodes to weave anything and everything together. This should end up being TV at its finest.
[Reply]
DJay23 07:51 PM 07-19-2022
I'm most excited to see what becomes of Gene Takovic.
[Reply]
Jamie 10:23 PM 07-19-2022
Prediction -

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 01:11 PM 07-20-2022
I'm really curious to see where things go from here.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:37 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The BB ending was epic and perfect in all ways but was sprung upon you.

Now Picasso has 4 episodes to weave anything and everything together. This should end up being TV at its finest.
I was shocked they did so much in those two (longer) episodes. They were fantastic, but, yeah, there's time now to really put a bow on the series.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:42 PM 07-20-2022
Wow....just wow. The next 3 episodes I hope we see Gene and Kim again.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:27 PM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Best show on TV hands down.

Succession will be #1 after BCS is done though.
I agree, the first few episodes were hard to swallow, but wow, holy crap I love this series. I am on episode 5 of season 3.

So well done.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:28 PM 07-21-2022
I'm going to give it a few months and rewatch this without the long delays between each season. Did the same thing with BB and I ended up with a much greater appreciation for the show.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:20 PM 07-22-2022
That really fast forwarded quickly. Bryan Cranston was on a talk show talking about how he's going to make a cameo or appear in BCS.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 06:18 PM 07-22-2022
i've heard the scenario where Kim (who has said she was from Nebraska) while shopping in the mall sees Saul, deliberates whether to go talk to him, but defers. She has moved on with her life and has a boyfriend/husband/man on her arm. Saul sees here as she turns away, sees she is happy, and despairs.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 172
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 > Last »
Up