ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 341
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 02:14 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I went ahead and picked it up. All the ammo wasn't fancy hollow points. It ranged fron steel cased Winchester to Sig Sauer hollow points.

Gun looks brand new minus a bit of wear on the slide release. Same with the laser sight.

I need to get a holster for it now.
That's a good deal. I had a 26 for years - didn't really care for the way it fit my hand, so I sold it to one of my friends. Great gun, though.

Make sure whatever holster you get will fit that laser if you plan to leave it on. Also, if you plan to carry it, you should check to make sure that your state, county or municipality doesn't have any restrictions on lasers. As stupid as that sounds, it does happen.
[Reply]
Delaney37 05:22 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Does anybody regularly ankle carry? Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.
I carry my Ruger LCRx on my ankle sometimes. I use the Galco Ankle Glove. I also popped the extra $20 for the calf strap. It's quite comfortable.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/ankl..._8_6_1019.html
[Reply]
notorious 05:37 PM 06-13-2017
I am not a BDC fan. The reticle only works for a specific load, specific ballistics, specific atmospheric conditions, and at a specific mag setting.

Get a mil reticle to match mil adjustments with some reference hashes, or MOA/MOA scope. The scope will work for any rifle, caliber, weather, etc.
[Reply]
notorious 05:39 PM 06-13-2017
SWFA makes some fantastic entry scope with their SS line. Adjustments are dead-on, price a decent, and their warranty is amazing.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:50 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Delaney37:
I carry my Ruger LCRx on my ankle sometimes. I use the Galco Ankle Glove. I also popped the extra $20 for the calf strap. It's quite comfortable.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/ankl..._8_6_1019.html
Thanks. I've been watching some videos and that Galco thing seems to be a really good choice. The Tactical Response guy recommends it highly.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:52 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That's a good deal. I had a 26 for years - didn't really care for the way it fit my hand, so I sold it to one of my friends. Great gun, though.

Make sure whatever holster you get will fit that laser if you plan to leave it on. Also, if you plan to carry it, you should check to make sure that your state, county or municipality doesn't have any restrictions on lasers. As stupid as that sounds, it does happen.
Kansas is pretty gun friendly, so i doubt it.. but I'll look into it. I might take it off and hawk it, I'm indifferent to laser sights.
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:05 PM 06-13-2017
Shot 100 rnds out of the Tavor today. That is such a sweet shooting gun. So easy to maneuver with. Our range master has approved me using it. Need the chiefs permission now and I'm not feeling too confident on that.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:15 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Kansas is pretty gun friendly, so i doubt it.. but I'll look into it. I might take it off and hawk it, I'm indifferent to laser sights.
Agreed. If you can shoot you don't need one.
[Reply]
Dunit35 04:08 PM 06-16-2017
Told you guys PSA sucks balls.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:53 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Told you guys PSA sucks balls.
:-) you crack me up
[Reply]
Delaney37 05:49 AM 06-17-2017
Natchez Shooters Supply has been flooding my inbox with optics deals this week so I figured I'd pass them along. Enjoy browsing :-)

https://www.natchezss.com/optics/rif...n&ribbon=29,33
[Reply]
Trivers 09:13 AM 06-17-2017
About time this bill was introduced:

https://americansuppressorassociatio...ign=061617-pof

In 2011, the American Suppressor Association formed with one primary goal in mind: remove suppressors from the purview of the National Firearms Act. For years, we worked behind the scenes in Washington, D.C. to set the stage for Rep. Salmon’s Hearing Protection Act of 2015 (H.R. 3799, S. 59). Following Rep. Salmon’s retirement from the legislature, the bill has gained new primary sponsors who have reintroduced it.

On January 9, 2017, Rep. Jeff Duncan and Rep. John Carter reintroduced the Duncan-Carter Hearing Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 367), to cut through the red tape on owning firearm suppressors. Senator Mike Crapo also reintroduced the Hearing Protection Act (S.59) in the Senate. The Hearing Protection Act will remove suppressors from the scope of the National Firearms Act (NFA), replacing the outdated federal transfer process with an instantaneous National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS). The bill also includes a tax credit provision for the $200 transfer tax on any suppressor purchased after October 22, 2015, which was the original date of introduction. In stark contrast, many countries in Europe place no regulations on their purchase, possession, or use.

As we fight for our right to shoot quietly, we need your help to make sure our voice is heard loud and clear on Capitol Hill. Please take the time to fill out the form below so that you can send an email to your Representatives and Senators to let them know that you support the Hearing Protection Act.

The path to victory will not be easy, but if we work together and make our voices heard, we will ultimately prevail. We look forward to the day when we are no longer taxed to protect our hearing while exercising our Second Amendment rights at the range, and in the field. Together, we can ensure that future generations of sportsmen and women will no longer have to sacrifice their hearing.

CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATORS TODAY!
[Reply]
Dunit35 03:59 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Trivers:
About time this bill was introduced:

https://americansuppressorassociatio...ign=061617-pof

In 2011, the American Suppressor Association formed with one primary goal in mind: remove suppressors from the purview of the National Firearms Act. For years, we worked behind the scenes in Washington, D.C. to set the stage for Rep. Salmon’s Hearing Protection Act of 2015 (H.R. 3799, S. 59). Following Rep. Salmon’s retirement from the legislature, the bill has gained new primary sponsors who have reintroduced it.

On January 9, 2017, Rep. Jeff Duncan and Rep. John Carter reintroduced the Duncan-Carter Hearing Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 367), to cut through the red tape on owning firearm suppressors. Senator Mike Crapo also reintroduced the Hearing Protection Act (S.59) in the Senate. The Hearing Protection Act will remove suppressors from the scope of the National Firearms Act (NFA), replacing the outdated federal transfer process with an instantaneous National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS). The bill also includes a tax credit provision for the $200 transfer tax on any suppressor purchased after October 22, 2015, which was the original date of introduction. In stark contrast, many countries in Europe place no regulations on their purchase, possession, or use.

As we fight for our right to shoot quietly, we need your help to make sure our voice is heard loud and clear on Capitol Hill. Please take the time to fill out the form below so that you can send an email to your Representatives and Senators to let them know that you support the Hearing Protection Act.

The path to victory will not be easy, but if we work together and make our voices heard, we will ultimately prevail. We look forward to the day when we are no longer taxed to protect our hearing while exercising our Second Amendment rights at the range, and in the field. Together, we can ensure that future generations of sportsmen and women will no longer have to sacrifice their hearing.

CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATORS TODAY!
It'd be nice if this would pass. Purchased my suppressor back in April and it'd be cool to get my $200 back. Whether in a check or a tax credit.

Frazod, I scored a Trijicon MRO on eBay today for $385 without a mount.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 09:40 PM 06-17-2017
Got my Nikon M-308 today. Thankfully the wheat harvest got delayed so I could get home and bring it in before the rain tonight.

Looks pretty sharp and snazzy with a sunshade attached. Probably never get to attempt an 800 yard shot as the scope advertises, but no biggie.

Hopefully, my (still unarrived) PSA .308 isn't shit because that's what it's going on.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:03 PM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
It'd be nice if this would pass. Purchased my suppressor back in April and it'd be cool to get my $200 back. Whether in a check or a tax credit.

Frazod, I scored a Trijicon MRO on eBay today for $385 without a mount.
That's a great price. :-)
[Reply]
Page 86 of 341
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Up