ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 176 of 341
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:39 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
the M&P 2.0 can also be disassembled by engaging the takedown lever and then pulling trigger to release that tab and then the slide comes off. much quicker then using that lever inside the gun.
This is true. My point was that I don't like the idea of pressing the trigger at all as part of the takedown process for safety's sake.

Personally I've never come close to accidentally discharging my Glocks during the takedown process, because I triple check the chamber before beginning the takedown process, but it's inherently risky to require the user to trigger press during the takedown process.

The little tab inside the M&P eliminates the trigger press step entirely. Much safer.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 08:06 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This is true. My point was that I don't like the idea of pressing the trigger at all as part of the takedown process for safety's sake.

Personally I've never come close to accidentally discharging my Glocks during the takedown process, because I triple check the chamber before beginning the takedown process, but it's inherently risky to require the user to trigger press during the takedown process.

The little tab inside the M&P eliminates the trigger press step entirely. Much safer.
do you not take out the mag and clear the chamber before takedown? i don’t understand why you dont think it’s safe.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:13 PM 04-17-2020
do you not take out the mag and clear the chamber before takedown? i don’t understand why you dont think it’s safe.
Of course I do. I'm not talking about me specifically. I'm talking for the general novice shooter/new gun owner. It automatically teaches a person to pull the trigger inside their home without knowing for certain where that bullet is going to go if there happens to be one in the chamber. That goes against what we're taught from the get-go.

And what novice doesn't make mistakes?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:18 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
I can only speak to personal preference, but I like my XDm a lot better than I did my shield. The shield functioned fine, but it didn't fit my hand as well, and was harder for me to get on target with. But I will also say I've shot sig and HK, and love both. Don't have experience with the rest on the list, but it seems like a very solid list.
I don't think he's looking for anything as small as a Shield, or any sub-compact. He appears to be looking for something like a full-size or a compact (1911 Commander/Glock 19; something with a 4 inch barrel).
Yeah not looking for anything "little" or for CC.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:22 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I've got a mossberg Turkey gun all tacticool like that, I'd like to return it to stock. It will chamber 3 1/2 shells, those will sting ya.
Love the pun.
Yeah but for home defense that 3.5 is more than overkill. I have even thought about looking into and shooting some of those "apartment" loads. It is a bit of a downer when not only do you have a bloody meaty mess to clean up but then you have to do sheet rock work and exterior siding work.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 08:25 PM 04-17-2020
Of course I do. I'm not talking about me specifically. I'm talking for the general novice shooter/new gun owner. It automatically teaches a person to pull the trigger inside their home without knowing for certain where that bullet is going to go if there happens to be one in the chamber. That goes against what we're taught from the get-go.

And what novice doesn't make mistakes?
eh i guess....i don’t see it as that big of an issue. pop the mag out and clear the chamber takes 3 seconds to do. just bought my m&p 2.0 last week
[Reply]
bdj23 08:27 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Love the pun.
Yeah but for home defense that 3.5 is more than overkill. I have even thought about looking into and shooting some of those "apartment" loads. It is a bit of a downer when not only do you have a bloody meaty mess to clean up but then you have to do sheet rock work and exterior siding work.
I went to Walmart one day and they had Winchester drylok super steel 3.5 inch shells on sale for $3 a box. Unfortunately they only had 2 left. I'd hate to get hit with one of them.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:32 PM 04-17-2020
eh i guess....i don’t see it as that big of an issue. pop the mag out and clear the chamber takes 3 seconds to do. just bought my m&p 2.0 last week
That trigger press to pop the slide off is a leading cause of NGs with Glocks. People are popping off rounds unintentionally because they get distracted, they forget to clear their weapons, whatever. This guy says he relatively new to handguns. I think he should be aware that Glock requires him to perform a trigger press when disassembling the weapon, which violates the rules of gun safety:

1) All guns are always loaded.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
4) Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:38 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I went to Walmart one day and they had Winchester drylok super steel 3.5 inch shells on sale for $3 a box. Unfortunately they only had 2 left. I'd hate to get hit with one of them.
I have the Mossberg 535 for Turkey hunting. Those 3.5" magnums do some serious damage at the range. No reason to ever use them anywhere else, or hope to never need to use them anywhere else.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:39 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I have the Mossberg 535 for Turkey hunting. Those 3.5" magnums do some serious damage at the range. No reason to ever use them anywhere else, or hope to never need to use them anywhere else.
Not even on turkeys?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:49 PM 04-17-2020
Not even on turkeys?
Not the kind I intend on taking home and eating......
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:56 PM 04-17-2020
I shoot some good sized BBs at the snowgeese.
Not sure what shot BB size Drylock is loaded with.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 05:50 PM 04-18-2020
do you guys ever buy ammo by the lb? gun garage in Topeka is selling 9mm 115gr for $9.21/lb
[Reply]
hometeam 06:01 PM 04-18-2020
do you guys ever buy ammo by the lb? gun garage in Topeka is selling 9mm 115gr for $9.21/lb
I mean... all that matters is how many rounds do you end up with. Sounds like a gimmick
[Reply]
ljmhawk 06:08 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I mean... all that matters is how many rounds do you end up with. Sounds like a gimmick
well yeah but i can’t find anywhere online that says about how many rounds you get per pound.
[Reply]
Page 176 of 341
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Up