ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 136 of 341
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186236 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:43 AM 12-01-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'm willing to try one.

I honestly recommend them - if for no other reason than the price. Same weight characteristics as the Walther but about (est) $400 bucks cheaper. Hell, drop it in your pocket and go....

Use Hornady Critical Defense in it and you are off to the races!
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:05 AM 12-01-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Shotguns are near perfect for home defense.

They are as simple as it gets, have a ton of spread out energy making it easier to hit what you are shooting at. You can also mix in spread rounds with concentrated rounds. There is less chance of a round going through the wall and hurting a loved one, too.

The downside is they are larger, and cleanup will be a bitch.

I perceive the pump sound as a negative. It alerts people you are around.

These are my reasons for going the handgun route for home defense. Unless you live in a wide open house navigating a longer firearm through doors and around corners goes in the minus column for me. I also don't like the idea of an intruder knowing I'm on to them with the sound of a pump. I want firepower AND the element of surprise.
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:21 PM 12-01-2018
I’ll take the maneuverability, capacity, and ease of reloading a handgun over a shotgun. 21+1 x8 mags is > 10+1 mag tube fed for me.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:17 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
I’ll take the maneuverability, capacity, and ease of reloading a handgun over a shotgun. 21+1 x8 mags is > 10+1 mag tube fed for me.
This is my shotgun. It's currently loaded with 14 shells. It's also as long as a Kentucky flintlock. Great if a horde of zombies is coming down the street. Skulking through the house in the dark, not so much.

[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:45 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This is my shotgun. It's currently loaded with 14 shells. It's also as long as a Kentucky flintlock. Great if a horde of zombies is coming down the street. Skulking through the house in the dark, not so much.

:-)

If a bad guy breaks into your house - the element of "surprise" is gone. (1) YOU know that someone has broken in and (2) The bad guy KNOWS that someone is home.

The very LAST thing I want to have to do is to encounter the bad guy without a light on my pistol, rifle, shotgun or hell, even a zombie crossbow.... :-)
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:56 PM 12-02-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
:-)

If a bad guy breaks into your house - the element of "surprise" is gone. (1) YOU know that someone has broken in and (2) The bad guy KNOWS that someone is home.

The very LAST thing I want to have to do is to encounter the bad guy without a light on my pistol, rifle, shotgun or hell, even a zombie crossbow.... :-)

I strategically leave my kitchen light on dim so I can see them but my bedroom is black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bigjosh 06:22 PM 12-08-2018

I think I’m done tinkering with this abomination now. Time to shoot it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:24 PM 12-08-2018

I think I’m done tinkering with this abomination now. Time to shoot it.
That looks horrible.
[Reply]
bigjosh 06:28 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
That looks horrible.

I know, that’s the point. Lmao. I use it for competition and give less than zero shits about it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:30 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
These are my reasons for going the handgun route for home defense. Unless you live in a wide open house navigating a longer firearm through doors and around corners goes in the minus column for me. I also don't like the idea of an intruder knowing I'm on to them with the sound of a pump. I want firepower AND the element of surprise.
Dude, REALLY. the last thing you want to have to do is actually shoot someone. The sound of pumping a shotgun will make nearly all intruders turn around and run away as fast as they can. Don't try to be 007.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:31 PM 12-08-2018
I know, that’s the point. Lmao. I use it for competition and give less than zero shits about it.
You should take it fishing.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:03 PM 12-08-2018
Handgun is the best tool inside-a-home self defense.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:21 PM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Handgun is the best tool inside-a-home self defense.
Agreed, people who say "the sound of a pump shotgun will scare away most people" have probably taken very little training or get their information from skeet shooting buddies.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:49 PM 12-09-2018
Agreed, people who say "the sound of a pump shotgun will scare away most people" have probably taken very little training or get their information from skeet shooting buddies.

I dunno....I tend to agree with you, and I tend to disagree (at the same time). :-)

If I am the bad guy and I break into your home - I would think that if I heard a shell being racked into a 12 gauge - after I pissed myself, I would get the hell out of there..but I’m no bad guy -

That being stated - I suppose that if some jerk off decides to break into a home - he has brass balls anyway, right?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:53 PM 12-09-2018

Well I’m in that club of a pump shotgun scaring people away, and I can promise you my training is not minimal or taking advice from trap shooting.

I would rather have a SBR than anything else chambered in 300BLK. But I have my SBR, 2 pistols and a shotgun placed throughout the house.

Each situation is different, painting a break in as a black and white situation is stupid. Some break ins can be stopped by letting the intruder know you are there, some can be stopped by letting them hear the sound of a slide or racking a shell. Some are going to go to a shootout, so to paint it as it works or doesn’t is ridiculous
[Reply]
Page 136 of 341
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186236 > Last »
Up