Wong 2B
Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
scho63 11:43 AM 08-29-2018
Once again my Pirates have no depth, no real superstars as of today and have run out of gas at the 3/4 pole of the race.

While I'm no Cards fan, it looks like you guys will be in the playoffs again and hope you get to the World Series as fellow CP members.

Red Sox and Cards would be pretty cool.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:57 AM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
Once again my Pirates have no depth, no real superstars as of today and have run out of gas at the 3/4 pole of the race.

While I'm no Cards fan, it looks like you guys will be in the playoffs again and hope you get to the World Series as fellow CP members.

No it wouldn't, it would be awful.

Those Red Sox bats would feast off of the crap SP's and bullpen of the Cards.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:01 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Let's not turn this into political- just sharing what I read.
yeah this is a baseball thread. Let's keep it that way, including me.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:03 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
No it wouldn't, it would be awful.

Those Red Sox bats would feast off of the crap SP's and bullpen of the Cards.
To be honest, whoever comes out of the AL is probably going to smoke whoever comes out of the NL.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:06 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:

I couldn't take losing another World Series to those insufferable d-bags.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:44 PM 08-29-2018
Just heard a national radio show talking about Shildt and Matheny basically saying Matheny was a good manager and they don't know what happened with him and the team and that the Cards should have waited to extend Shildt because he isn't the main reason for the turn around, the roster turnover and the firing of Mabry is .

:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 12:49 PM 08-29-2018
Cubs just surrendered a grand slam to the Mets in the first inning. Got to watch that in a lunchroom full of Cub fans. :-)
[Reply]
Marco Polo 01:07 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Bought a couple of box seats behind the Cards dugout for the Labor Day game in DC. Scherzer vs. Mikolas. Looking forward to getting my first look at them in person this year.
How much did you pay? I'll be there too. Looking at tickets on StubHub. Saw it might rain though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:51 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Just heard a national radio show talking about Shildt and Matheny basically saying Matheny was a good manager and they don't know what happened with him and the team and that the Cards should have waited to extend Shildt because he isn't the main reason for the turn around, the roster turnover and the firing of Mabry is .

I have been floored by how lost in the woods the national media has been w/r/t to Matheny and the Cardinals.

They truly had/have no idea the impact he had on the franchise. They genuinely believe he's a good manager and that he got a bum deal.

Blows my mind.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:54 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I have been floored by how lost in the woods the national media has been w/r/t to Matheny and the Cardinals.

They truly had/have no idea the impact he had on the franchise. They genuinely believe he's a good manager and that he got a bum deal.

Blows my mind.
yeah I've heard some comments like these from national TV guys. WTF? Clueless indeed.
[Reply]
O.city 01:54 PM 08-29-2018
Gyorko to DL.

Come on down Josh.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:58 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Blows my mind.
Decent looking guy who didn't say anything inflammatory to the national media and was in the dugout when some good teams were winning despite him.

Hell, Joe Torre got in the HOF on the strength of Stick Mitchell's farm system and Don Zimmer telling him when to pull his head from his ass, and I saw him do the single most braindead thing I've ever seen from a manager as late as 2008.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:11 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Gyorko to DL.

Come on down Josh.
Ozuna
Wong
Gyrko

Thats a serious hit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:45 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Ozuna
Wong
Gyrko

Thats a serious hit.
And we're finally getting a little threadbare to boot.

Garcia played a sound defensive ballgame yesterday but nothing exceptional. Munoz is a much better hitter but can't play D over at 2b worth a damn.

I actually like Wisdom but during this run its important not to overlook just how how Jedd has been. He's been a damn good hitter, even against righties, over the last 30 days or so.

Losing Ozuna is frustrating but probably doesn't hurt while TON is hitting. It'll hurt more when O'Neill hits a long cold-spell (his approach says he will) but for right now we can shrug that off.

But both Wong and Gyorko are gonna start hitting us in the standings soon enough. Those are tough losses and even more worrisome is that neither of those guys are natural hitters. They take time to find their form and 10 days off may take another 10 days to get them swinging well again (and Jedd simply may not get hot again; he's notoriously streaky).

It's that time of year - lots of teams get these nagging injuries at this point in the season and the Cardinals depth makes them better situated than most to deal with them. Hell, even if Wisdom isn't the answer, you can put Marp back over at 3b and get Adams some of the reps he could probably use to get his timing back.

But you can only take so many body blows before the combined effect start to sting and we may finally be reaching that tipping point.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:04 PM 08-29-2018
Cardinals playoff odds up to 72%. Per Fangraphs.

I’d pitch Flaherty in the WC game, not Mikolas.
[Reply]
Page 228 of 301
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278 > Last »
Up