ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 171
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:26 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Also caught the pilot for Lovecraft Country, which is available on YouTube for free, and while I thought some of it was over the top, I liked it enough to watch next week.
Has anyone watched enough of this to comment whether it goes beyond SJW storytelling.

I'm not hating on the entire proposition, but between a spate of similar content [Watchmen, Jordan Peele] and current politics, I'm not too keen on actually BINGING more. But the concept intrigues me otherwise if it's quality storytelling.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:13 PM 09-07-2020
Mythic Quest is really good. Hell, even their quarantine episode was funny.

AND I like Poppy. Like, really like Poppy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:04 PM 09-17-2020
Promising

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:10 PM 09-17-2020
Woah. That looks like it could work.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:06 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Has anyone watched enough of this to comment whether it goes beyond SJW storytelling.

I'm not hating on the entire proposition, but between a spate of similar content [Watchmen, Jordan Peele] and current politics, I'm not too keen on actually BINGING more. But the concept intrigues me otherwise if it's quality storytelling.
It's pretty interesting in terms of mythology, but very in your face racially.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:53 PM 09-23-2020
Fleabag lives up to the hype. . . . .
This is something I avoided in earlier recommending this show, but since someone so perfectly summarized it, I figured I'd link it here.

I didn't delve into it, because it's partially spoilery. Not in terms of giving away narrative as it is in showing the form of the storytelling before you experience it firsthand. So if you haven't seen it an still crave a 'pure' experience, don't watch this. But it doesn't give away the story, and if you aren't attuned to it, it might pass right by you even as you watch.

And it really gives you an appreciation of the intentionality and creativity of the author.

[Reply]
eDave 02:33 AM 09-29-2020
started and finished Ratched. Very good to me but the story faltered towards the end. Hope there's a season 2 and motivated story/writers.

Paulson is exquisite.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:08 PM 09-30-2020
Letterkenny
Pen15

Both on Hulu. Both a ton of fun for very different reasons.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:15 AM 10-04-2020
Looks like I initially posted this in movies, but it's a series

This is very exciting, great source material. A little leery of the producers, but looks to be a right romp!!

If it stays true to the book and the visuals in the trailer, imagine splitting the difference between straight historical and Tarantino gleeful revisionism. The author's take on the historical characters colors them a little more madcap than the encyclopedia.

First episode in full up on youtube

[Reply]
eDave 11:00 PM 10-12-2020
Finished Battlestar Galactica again and am again sad that it ended. Always one of the better series finale's too, IMO.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:06 PM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
been watching the GoldBergs lately, that shit is funny. Anyone who grew up in the 80's would get a kick out of it i think. Alot of nostalgia.
That video of Mama Goldberg recreating Janet's 'Control' video for her run for City Comptroller was genius . . .
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:54 AM 11-01-2020
Finally finished the haunting of hill house. pretty good.

In progress on bly manor. Different but still pretty good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:29 AM 11-05-2020
I’m totally into Queens Gambit. Not normally my thing but it’s really good. Like really goddamned good. I’m 4 episodes in so we’ll see how it ends up but it’s good so far.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:13 AM 11-05-2020
Lemme just say Banshee is a real banger of a show. Almost halfway through Season 3 and it does not let up.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:14 PM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Lemme just say Banshee is a real banger of a show. Almost halfway through Season 3 and it does not let up.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 71 of 171
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121 > Last »
Up