ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
The Lounge>How does our Defense personnel adjust to stop Henry?
chiefzilla1501 02:09 PM 01-14-2020
What adjustments do we make to stop Henry? Even with a healthy Chris jones, we would want a heavier dose of Saunders, Pennel, and suggs anyway, right? Probably see Ragland in on a lot more snaps?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:03 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Give them the 6-1 look at times

Tannehill IS an NFL Quarterback, for fuck's sake. It's not High School football.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:06 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Score fity again and it won’t matter.
This one too.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:11 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I could see them using Ragland as an almost full-time spy on Henry.
I don't think he's fast enough to be a spy. I'd almost rather get him into the backfield through gaps to cause a disruption. He's a very good blitzer.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:18 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't think he's fast enough to be a spy. I'd almost rather get him into the backfield through gaps to cause a disruption. He's a very good blitzer.
Historically, you beat these big backs by getting penetration at the line. Force them to change direction before they get to the hole.

Ragland has shown he's pretty good at doing that kind of thing. Maybe the best of our LBs at it. He's seems to be really good at slipping through the OL on time and in the right spots.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:19 PM 01-14-2020
(Crackling intercom.)

"Mr. Ragland and Mr. Pennel, please report to the customer service desk."
[Reply]
Wilson8 03:22 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I could see them using Ragland as an almost full-time spy on Henry.
I don't remember the NFL source but, If a player is going to be a spy, they have to be a very good athlete with speed. The spy is covering a larger piece of ground than the player you are covering. The spy also has to get through a lot of bodies in order to find and hit the target.
[Reply]
Kman34 03:25 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I don't remember the NFL source but, If a player is going to be a spy, they have to be a very good athlete with speed. The spy is covering a larger piece of ground than the player you are covering. The spy also has to get through a lot of bodies in order to find and hit the target.
O Daniel???
[Reply]
Mecca 03:27 PM 01-14-2020
You have to stuff the middle to get Henry moving laterally. He's a load but his agility in moving side to side is not good because of that size. If you can make him change direction you completely kill his game.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:32 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Tannehill IS an NFL Quarterback, for ****'s sake. It's not High School football.
Teams have been running that look ever since BB used it against the Rams in the super bowl. Tannehill has thrown for 72 yards and 88 yards in the 2 playoff games. Seriously man pay attention.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:36 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Teams have been running that look ever since BB used it against the Rams in the super bowl. Tannehill has thrown for 72 yards and 88 yards in the 2 playoff games. Seriously man pay attention.

Dude people line up in strange ways all the time.

IF you mean to line up with 6 defensive linemen and one linebacker, then yeah, I think you're asking to get toasted.



We line up with 9 guys at the line sometimes, but some drop some don't, and it's never 6 defensive linemen.

I do pay attention, and all season long, Tannehill has played very well when people start paying attention to Henry alone.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:37 PM 01-14-2020
They don’t. Henry still goes for 175 and 2TDs this game.

Chiefs win 45-27
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 03:38 PM 01-14-2020

[Reply]
Mecca 03:40 PM 01-14-2020
In reality you play them the way the Pats did, he had a bunch of yards and they scored 14 points on offense, if their offense had been decent they win.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:44 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Dude people line up in strange ways all the time.

IF you mean to line up with 6 defensive linemen and one linebacker, then yeah, I think you're asking to get toasted.



We line up with 9 guys at the line sometimes, but some drop some don't, and it's never 6 defensive linemen.

I do pay attention, and all season long, Tannehill has played very well when people start paying attention to Henry alone.
https://matchquarters.com/2019/10/10...fense-sb-liii/

Tannehill didnt smoke the Pats when they ran that 6-1. Henry got his but it was the Patriots offense that lost the game. This has been the best defense for stopping a team with a running game.
[Reply]
tyton75 03:44 PM 01-14-2020
Tannehill had 78 yards passing against Baltimore. If we can just load the box and also get him off his spot on passing downs, I think we'll be ok.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up