ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
The Lounge>Sammy Watkins
DenverChief 06:47 AM 01-14-2020
In all the celebration about Mahomes/Kelce letís not forget about Watkins ďquietĒ contributions on Sunday. A 48 yard catch and run in the first drive of the 3rd quarter to put us deep in Texans territory and set up the first Williams TD run. A14 yard jet sweep run to help set up Damian Williams second TD run and a 28 yard 4th quarter reception that set up the 8 yard TD pass to Bell. Watkins is dangerous and must be accounted for in the field, anytime he can help get chunks of yards to move the offense up and down the field is a good days work
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:35 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
He better produce. Been a huge waste of money if he doesn’t payoff big in the playoffs.
He put together a game Sunday. The guys I'm more scratching my head about are the guys on a contract year. Jones, I'm not REALLY worried about, but WTF dude. Franchise Tag and you're sitting out the Divisional round with a non-football injury?

And Robinson, my GOD man. WTF are you doing? This is your contract year and you go 1 for 4 yards on 4 targets? That's just horrible.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:41 AM 01-14-2020
I donít get Sammy hate. Yeah he got paid a ton but he was never, ever going to be the dude in this offense or even #2 with Kelce and Hill around.

But he is a big piece in why they stress defenses so much because even having said that, heís the one drawing the coverage of Stephon Gilmore and actually winning at a solid rate.

Also, heís not a fucking diva who whines about not getting the ball enough. He accepts it and just wants what is best for the team.

Kudos, Sammy Watkins.
[Reply]
milkman 07:43 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah he shouldnt even be a consideration to sign. He is glass had to limit hold him out just to get him to crunch time not worth it.
Wish you could speak English.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:47 AM 01-14-2020
He had a good game. He’ll have his chance to actually be worth the money this week. Tits will do whatever they can to stop Hill and Kelce. Watkins will be 1:1 with like the Tits nickel or a LB from time to time. It’s time for him to eat. 125 and 2 TD.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:48 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I still want him on the team next year. The more weapons for this offense, the better.
So do I, but not at his current price tag.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:52 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
As long as Reid learned his lesson and sticks with his pro bowl returner. I donít want to see Hill back there anymore when we have a guy thatís one of the best returners in the NFL
Anyone remember about 4 months ago when the CP collective was screaming for Tyreek to be returning because the rook couldn't hold TH's jockstrap when it came to returning kicks? It's amazing how things and opinions have changed.
[Reply]
Ribbs67 08:02 AM 01-14-2020
Yeah I don't get the Hill bashing for the muffed punt. He hasn't been back there in a minute. Bound to happen. Everyone in the first quarter was trying way to hard to make plays that they make in their sleep. Same goes for Sammy. Granted he does need to sign for less like another poster mentioned.. but man I don't think I've ever seen another player as smooth and slippery as he is with the ball in his hands! I hope they can keep him on this team next year. Team chemistry is strong and he is a part of that. DRob had a horrible game.. hopefully he steps up this week!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:02 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Also, props to him for not forcing some stupid throw downfield on the trick play.
That's what I told the guy behind us. He thought Sammy should've thrown it away. I told him that Sammy isn't a QB and should be commended for not throwing that ball at all.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:03 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Anyone remember about 4 months ago when the CP collective was screaming for Tyreek to be returning because the rook couldn't hold TH's jockstrap when it came to returning kicks? It's amazing how things and opinions have changed.
Yeah, that's a joke.

I LOVE Hill, but Hardman needed to be back there.
[Reply]
TLO 08:03 AM 01-14-2020
Watkins is so good after the catch.
[Reply]
The PMII Hypothesis 08:04 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Well, the Texans played a lot of zone to take away his deep threat. That's why Kelce thrived. He put out a tweet yesterday about being excited to face the Titans because they play a lot of man defense. I look to see him have a big game Sunday as the Titans try to take away Kelce. That's the beauty of our offense. No matter what you do, someone is going to be left open to make a play.
Texans played single high man to man. Thatís why Patrick was able run wild. They also bracketed Hill like crazy which to your point opens the field up for others. Zone was only called a few times, and the Chiefs beat it soundly. With Mahomes healthy, man is hosed if you donít get immediate pressure because of his legs, zone has no chance because our speed guys run right through it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:07 AM 01-14-2020
Love the talent and his big time play making abilities. Just wish he did it more often.

I guess heís always been this way.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 08:11 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t get Sammy hate. Yeah he got paid a ton but he was never, ever going to be the dude in this offense or even #2 with Kelce and Hill around.

But he is a big piece in why they stress defenses so much because even having said that, he’s the one drawing the coverage of Stephon Gilmore and actually winning at a solid rate.

Also, he’s not a ****ing diva who whines about not getting the ball enough. He accepts it and just wants what is best for the team.

Kudos, Sammy Watkins.
Sure, but he’s being paid like the 10th best receiver in the league and producing like the 60th.

Conley had better stats this year for $2.5M.

And I’ll leave this quote right here. Sammy was the Showtime/Billay of the team.

“A couple of times, I thought, like, ‘Man, this is over,’” receiver Sammy Watkins said. “One guy that came up to me was Travis. He said, ‘Hey man, don’t look like that, your body language.’ I was like, ‘OK, he knows something I don’t know.’ I just stayed positive after that.”
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:14 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I donít get Sammy hate. Yeah he got paid a ton but he was never, ever going to be the dude in this offense or even #2 with Kelce and Hill around.

But he is a big piece in why they stress defenses so much because even having said that, heís the one drawing the coverage of Stephon Gilmore and actually winning at a solid rate.

Also, heís not a ****ing diva who whines about not getting the ball enough. He accepts it and just wants what is best for the team.

Kudos, Sammy Watkins.
Heís canít do any of that in street clothes.
[Reply]
srvy 08:15 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by milkman:
Wish you could speak English.
Me to I'll try to be better for you
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up