ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
The Lounge>Texan fan game thread
jerryaldini 10:26 PM 01-13-2020
I posted this in the Titans forum thread but thought it deserved its own thread. Having lived in Houston as a Chief fan during the Warren Moon years I wanted to see how the Houston fans reacted to the game. These fans have suffered even more than Chiefs fans, and thereís a huge because Houston vibe with several memorable meltdowns, including the largest in playoff history.

They havenít seen their team even make the AFCCG since consecutive losses to the Steelers in 78-79 with Dan Pastorini as QB, and not before that (only titles were 60-61 AFL). Despite seven consecutive years of playoffs behind HOFer Moon, they never made it out of the divisional round. Their last shot with Moon was against the Chiefs in 93, the year after the Frank Reich game, when Montana led the Chiefsí last best playoff comeback until yesterday. The Oilers were a 12-win team coming off the bye. Then the franchise moves to TN and within three years goes to the SB. I feel for these guys.

After last yearís AFCCG, itís cathartic to be on the other side and see such similar emotions. Page 33 is the Hardman return. Before that they are in as much shock as we were. Within 15 minutes it becomes because Houston and Frank Reich memories. Itís worth a read.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?...303106/page-33
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:52 PM 01-14-2020
Here are some highlights from the Texans board. These are quite verbatim, so any misspellings are on those poor Texans fans. I have put an asterisk next to my favorites:

***** F*** I BOUGHT SUPERBOWL TICKETS OFF STUBHUB WHEN WE WERE UP 24-0

Imagine going into the half down by 4. Back breaker for the team. Doubt they will recover. This is gonna be 49-31 Chiefs.

Mahomes looks like curry

Mahomes has the exact same punchable face that Curry has.

***** Light skinned privileged sons of former pro athletes own the city of Houston

Can't we just lose playoff games normally in this city?

BOB was telling everyone "We Can't Win!" so maybe more of that.

**Thought for sure we were returning the favor from when they beat us 30-0 at our house.

**That was an awesome 1st quarter. Let's just talk about that.

need to get #15 out of the game. sweep the leg and hope mr. miyagi can't fix that sh_t.

** Mahommes has always been better than Lamar.

Chiefs offense= Hot knife
Hou defense= butter

**That missed extra point will come back and haunt KC

KC will score at least 50 today. Only thing stopping them is themselves

Between this monumental collapse, the Astros tainted World Series, and Chris Paul's hamstring, I'm just going to keep drinking and cry myself to sleep tonight.

**41 unanswered. I guess thats better than 42 unanswered.

Can we plz fire Romeo Crennel after this game?.... he's way overrated...

**Romo is an expert on figuring out how many scores and minutes u need when losing. Lol.

**There is a realty in the multiverse where Football is only played for 12 minutes. In that reality Texans are hosting an AFC championship game.

If you gave Jesus Christ a pair of cleats he couldnít save this team.

If BoB is not fired after this utter fiasco I will continue to make sarcastic remarks about what a terrible coach he is here on Clutchfans.



Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DRM08 01:56 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by otherstar:
The Houston thread is GOLD! I've had to take a break from Houston Sports Radio. All the talking heads want to do is blame BoB and give absolutely no credit to the Chiefs.
Ultimately he is most responsible for it. That Texans defense might be one of the worst in NFL history. OíBrien is both GM and coach. Itís on him for trotting out a trash defense capable of making rookie Drew Lock seem like prime Manning/Brady, etc. Itís really not shocking to see the Chiefs torch them. The only shocking thing was how terrible the Chiefs looked in 1st quarter.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:59 PM 01-14-2020
"YOU SUCK TOO MOTHERFUCKER" - Bill O'Brian circa 2020
[Reply]
carcosa 02:00 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by morphius:
After living the game from the other side with our loss to Indy a few years ago, I don't need to see how they feel. I'm just damn glad to know what it is like to be on the other side in the playoffs for once.
The Patsfans thread is far more satisfying
[Reply]
Iowanian 02:05 PM 01-14-2020
I haven't read their game day thread yet, but I lived it in person.

We had a really obnoxious, loud, antagonistic, screeching Texas fan next to us at the game. He boasted, gloated and talked A LOT of shit during the first quarter.

After the score went 21-0, I kind of had a "feeling" it was going to turn around and finally told the guy....that I appreciated that he was a shit talker and that it was his lucky day because I was gifted in the area. He gloated more when it went 0-24.

The Chiefs score, and I lay into him. The chiefs score and I needle him...the Chiefs score and I goad him...the Chiefs score....and I shit on him......

I've never really been anything other than polite and had fun with an opposing fan, but this guy was a shitheal. I just knew he was going to get his ass kicked, and did end up in altercations with other people......But seeing him go from happy to obnoxious to nearly in tears....well friends, it was worth the price of admission.
[Reply]
Tonka83 02:15 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by :
Can we plz fire Romeo Crennel after this game?.... he's way overrated...
I feel their pain on that one....
[Reply]
otherstar 02:21 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Ultimately he is most responsible for it. That Texans defense might be one of the worst in NFL history. OíBrien is both GM and coach. Itís on him for trotting out a trash defense capable of making rookie Drew Lock seem like prime Manning/Brady, etc. Itís really not shocking to see the Chiefs torch them. The only shocking thing was how terrible the Chiefs looked in 1st quarter.
Given that Romeo Crennel is the DC in Houston, I'm not surprised at the meltdown. I remember how bad the Chiefs were as a whole when Romeo was HC. We're in total agreement about the first quarter.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:32 PM 01-14-2020
Good times reading the Pats thread, :-) they really hate Kelce and most Mahomes as well. Guess they have to feel Brady is threatened as they hate Rodgers as well.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:35 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by otherstar:
Given that Romeo Crennel is the DC in Houston, I'm not surprised at the meltdown. I remember how bad the Chiefs were as a whole when Romeo was HC. We're in total agreement about the first quarter.
Some CPer last week argued with me that Romeo was better than Spags at making adjustments in-game . . . I didn't even respond to that; just shook my head and left it there.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:39 PM 01-14-2020
My favorite post on the Texans GDT was the one posted after the Chiefs scored a TD on the first drive of the 2nd half. It said something like "BOB's entire game plan adjustment at the half was to stop Kelce. It's not his fault the Chiefs held Kelce out." :-)

I had no idea the Texans fans hated Mahomes so much. I figured they would like him since is a Texas guy and all. I guess they are worried that he is going to outshine Watson?

The Patsfan GDT was amazing. All that crowing in the first quarter and then the slow, creeping horror as the realization that the Chiefs were going to storm back coming through. There are 3 or 4 reasonable posters there but the vast majority are drooling retahds, especially that StairwaytoSeven dude. First he claims the Chiefs couldn't mount a comeback because their offense is bottom third in the league, then claims that they only scored the first 21 because the Texans gave them short fields, then crickets after the "90 yards in six plays" drive at the end of the half. Then says that the Chiefs only came back because the NFL is scripted and the refs were helping out Mahomes. :-)
[Reply]
rtmike 02:51 PM 01-14-2020
Most of the blow yards got quiet in that Pats thread, lol.

What I like about this place is a fan from another team can come here and make fun of a certain aspect of the Chiefs game. If itís true, the members here agree and join said thread.

The Planet isnít all about ďweíre better than everyone elseĒ. (not yet, lol) Why I like you folks and this place!

This place is far from the homeristic (sp.) nature of their digs.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:52 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
https://www.patsfans.com/new-england...exans.1151277/
That was a fun read.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:53 PM 01-14-2020
It's also bizarre how much the Pats fans hate Aaron Rodgers. Why would there be any rivalry there at all? It seems to stem from insecurity.
[Reply]
rtmike 02:54 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
My favorite post on the Texans GDT was the one posted after the Chiefs scored a TD on the first drive of the 2nd half. It said something like "BOB's entire game plan adjustment at the half was to stop Kelce. It's not his fault the Chiefs held Kelce out." :-)

I had no idea the Texans fans hated Mahomes so much. I figured they would like him since is a Texas guy and all. I guess they are worried that he is going to outshine Watson?

The Patsfan GDT was amazing. All that crowing in the first quarter and then the slow, creeping horror as the realization that the Chiefs were going to storm back coming through. There are 3 or 4 reasonable posters there but the vast majority are drooling retahds, especially that StairwaytoSeven dude. First he claims the Chiefs couldn't mount a comeback because their offense is bottom third in the league, then claims that they only scored the first 21 because the Texans gave them short fields, then crickets after the "90 yards in six plays" drive at the end of the half. Then says that the Chiefs only came back because the NFL is scripted and the refs were helping out Mahomes. :-)

THIS is the perfect place to put the gif. of the Texans Draft War Room when we moved up ahead of them totake the QB they planned on drafting, lol.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 03:06 PM 01-14-2020
I read every post of the Houston and Pats threads.



Just f-ing LMFAO at the Pats Fans' conspiracy theories. Like rats screaming at each other in the cargo hold of the Titanic.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up