ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>SFGATE: S.F. D.A. Chesa Boudin fires at least 7 attorneys 2 days after starting job
Just Passin' By 09:42 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by :
Two days after being sworn in as San Francisco's new District Attorney, Chesa Boudin reportedly fired at least seven attorneys from his office.

Among the Friday firings were multiple managing attorneys in the criminal division...

...According to the Chronicle, Boudin hired new four attorneys on Monday. Two formerly worked at the public defender's office.
Boudin ran on a platform of major justice system reform, from ending cash bail to ending mass incarceration.

"There’s an awful lot about our criminal justice system that is dysfunctional. Everyone who sets foot in a criminal courtroom will see myriad ways the system is dysfunctional," Boudin told SFGATE recently.
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...medium=twitter
[Reply]
vailpass 09:55 PM 01-13-2020
Installing prosecutors who don't believe in prosecution. One of the moves being made by the deep left that needs to be stopped.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:59 PM 01-13-2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:01 PM 01-13-2020
But it stays in S.F., right? If so, I guess all I can do is laugh at the people of S.F. who are inviting more criminals in their streets.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:03 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Installing prosecutors who don't believe in prosecution. One of the moves being made by the deep left that needs to be stopped.
New York, Philadelphia, and Chicago have been receiving the joyous rewards for these sorts of actions. In New York, at least, the push back has been so great that the powers that be are looking for ways to "adjust" bad legislation and approaches.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:04 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
But it stays in S.F., right? If so, I guess all I can do is laugh at the people of S.F. who are inviting more criminals in their streets.
This is spreading around the country, as Soros and related groups have been targeting city-level attorneys as a means of putting hard leftists in power.

San Francisco, already replete with problems, is about to become the poster city for these disasters.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:08 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
This is spreading around the country, as Soros and related groups have been targeting city-level attorneys as a means of putting hard leftists in power.

San Francisco, already replete with problems, is about to become the poster city for these disasters.
I can see all liberal cities doing this, they suck, the key is to keep all that shit in those shitty places.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:13 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I can see all liberal cities doing this, they suck, the key is to keep all that shit in those shitty places.
Unfortunately, there's no legal way to prevent this sort of contagion from spreading.

Ask Florida and New Hampshire about that.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:20 PM 01-13-2020
Unfortunately, there's no legal way to prevent this sort of contagion from spreading.

Ask Florida and New Hampshire about that.
Meh, start shipping our criminals to S.F. and dropping them off on the corner of Shit St. and Poop Ave.... They want to make a dump, let's fill their dump.
[Reply]
2bikemike 11:33 PM 01-13-2020
Bail Reform what could possibly go wrong?

https://nypost.com/2020/01/11/serial...-another-bank/

Originally Posted by :
Controversial bail reform springs serial robbery suspect — who then pulls off fifth heist.

He’s laughing all the way to the next bank.

A John Dillinger wannabe is on the loose thanks to lax bail laws that set him free despite his arrest in connection to four Manhattan bank robberies.

Sprung on Thursday, he promptly robbed a fifth bank, in Brooklyn, on Friday, law enforcement sources told The Post.

So cops spent Saturday hunting once again for fugitive Gerod Woodberry, who allegedly pulled four heists at Chase banks in Chelsea, the Upper West Side and the West Village between Dec. 30 and Jan. 8.

Because Woodberry allegedly robbed using a note, rather than a gun, no New York jail can currently hold him, no matter how many times he strikes.

His alleged grand larcenies are classified as non-violent felonies. And under the bail reform law that took effect Jan. 1, most non-violent felonies — including bank robberies carried out without a weapon — are no longer bail eligible, meaning no judge can order him held pending trial.

Should cops pinch Woodberry on the fifth alleged heist, he’ll only be sprung again.

The insanity of the new law clearly wasn’t lost on the prime suspect.

“I can’t believe they let me out,” Woodberry marveled as he retrieved his vouchered property at One Police Plaza in lower Manhattan, sources told The Post. “What were they thinking?”

[Reply]
Merde Furieux 07:24 AM 01-14-2020
A California mother says she was beaten bloody — and left with a broken nose — by a group of teenage girls who had been bullying her daughter.

Parents Maria Guadalupe Jimenez and Eder Rojas went to James Logan High School in Union City with their 16-year-old daughter on Tuesday to speak with the principal about the bullies, ABC 7 reported.

But the girl gang allegedly accosted the family outside — and began pummeling the mom.

“They started screaming at us, ‘What you wanna do? Who’s going to fight first,’ ” Rojas told the outlet.

Jimenez recalled through a translator how one of the teens “was very furious” and how she was “grabbed by the hair and dragged.”

The dad said he tried to pull the teens off of his wife and daughter, who was also hit.

Jimenez — who had a baby just four months ago — suffered bruises to her face from being punched and kicked and her nose was broken, according to the outlet.

She was in the hospital for two days.

“I just wanted to talk to the principal,” she said. “You’d never imagine a kid would hit an adult, I thought we were safe on campus.”

Union City Police arrested one of the teens, charging her with battery with serious bodily injury.

The school said the incident is being investigated by the administration, and the school is “taking disciplinary actions.”

The family told KRON4 that the bullying began about a year ago and happened on campus and online.

They are now planning on moving their daughter to a different school and hiring a lawyer.

A GoFundMe account was set up to help pay for the mom’s medical expenses.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/13/teenag...cious-beating/
[Reply]
scho63 08:47 AM 01-14-2020
Soros has poured a ton of money into local prosecutor races for uber Liberal judges and prosecutors. It's definitely working in the major cities for the left.
[Reply]
BDj23 01-14-2020, 09:28 AM
This message has been deleted by BDj23.
Just Passin' By 12:51 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Soros has poured a ton of money into local prosecutor races for uber Liberal judges and prosecutors. It's definitely working in the major cities for the left.
Boston's got one, too.

Originally Posted by :
...Since becoming the first black woman to win the Democratic nomination for Suffolk district attorney, Rachael Rollins has received national attention for her breakthrough victory, seen widely as a symbol of a new era of criminal justice reform.

But locally, one of Rollins’s major campaign proposals has raised skepticism and even alarm in legal and law enforcement circles. Specifically, her plan to forgo prosecution of 15 offenses, ranging from trespassing to drug possession with intent to distribute, has drawn criticism from police and even some criminal defense attorneys...
Originally Posted by :
...The Boston police union and retailers have decried the idea of dismissing charges such as resisting arrest and shoplifting before offenders are arraigned in court....
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...sFO/story.html

http://files.suffolkdistrictattorney...olicy-Memo.pdf
[Reply]
vailpass 01:00 PM 01-14-2020
New York, Philadelphia, and Chicago have been receiving the joyous rewards for these sorts of actions. In New York, at least, the push back has been so great that the powers that be are looking for ways to "adjust" bad legislation and approaches.
I didn't know that about NY. Good to hear.

It's been disturbing seeing how Chicago and Philly have fallen down this path. The methods, and donors, behind the election of the "DA" in these cities need to be brought further into the light so more people are aware of the results and the dangers. Larry Krasner & Kim Foxx are a menace to society as we know it.

For those who don't know, here is a bit of information on the Philly DA Larry Krasner.

A progressive D.A. is not the same thing as a traditional D.A.,” he told the law students. “You might call me a prosecutor with com-passion. Or a public defender with pow-er.”

Krasner, 57, has salt-and-pepper hair, dark glasses and a mouth that is a thin horizontal line, even when he’s smiling. He looks often to be both unwaveringly self-assured and wryly amused, so at ease in a hunch-shouldered awkwardness that he seems almost debonair. “Despite the fact that I look like I used to hang out with George Bush in Skull and Bones,” he said in Chicago to laughter, “we had some food stamps when I was in high school.”

Before winning office last November, Krasner was an improbable — some people said unqualified — district attorney. He’d been a civil rights attorney for the previous 25 years. Before that he worked as a public defender. During his career, he had sued the Philadelphia Police Department for abuses on 75 separate occasions. Not once had he prosecuted a case. Of the largest cities in America, Philadelphia is the poorest and has the highest rates of incarceration and opioid-overdose deaths. Krasner argued that a slate of ambitious reforms — ending cash bail, decriminalizing low-level offenses, reining in police and prosecutorial misconduct — was the way to make the city not only more equitable but also safer.

Krasner represents a profound reimagining of the D.A. role. Of the country’s more than 2,300 chief prosecutors, many still run for office unopposed on a familiar “law and order” platform. But beginning in 2013, when the late Ken Thompson unseated a 23-year incumbent in Brooklyn, voters have elected 30 reform-minded prosecutors, in municipalities as varied as Corpus Christi, Kansas City and San Francisco.

District attorneys wield the immense power to decide whether to charge someone with a crime or not, to determine the number and severity of charges and to essentially set prison terms in the bulk of cases that end in plea deals. Because of this discretion, district attorneys have contributed more than any other single class of elected officials to the quadrupling of the number of people incarcerated in the country since the 1980s.

This is why the billionaire donor George Soros has been supporting progressives in local prosecutor elections, and why the civil rights activist Shaun King, calling D.A.s “the gatekeeper of America’s justice system,” recently helped found a political action committee to do the same. Last year, when the A.C.L.U. of Massachusetts began a statewide education campaign to elect prosecutors who promised reforms, it did so with a declaration that “district attorneys are the most powerful people in the criminal-justice system.”

(cont'd.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/30/m...ogressive.html
[Reply]
banyon 01:59 PM 01-14-2020
I have seen this happen periodically in other jurisdictions without the Soros involvement.

Usually an eager PD with their eye on the judgeship wants to hone their credentials and thinks "I could do better than that guy".

It takes a year or two, and then after crime victims begin complaining to County/city council, then the person gets the message and realizes that to be a prosecutor you actually have to prosecute criminals.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up