ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The blue-state exodus gains momentum
Merde Furieux 11:02 AM 01-11-2020
But that trend also highlights a problem: Some of the people fleeing destructive blue-state taxes and regulations appear to drag their pro-big-government philosophy with them ó apparently oblivious to the fact those policies destroyed the state they are trying to escape.

One can even see that dynamic occurring in Texas. For a decade or so, liberals have been predicting (not to mention hoping) that Texasís growing Hispanic population would turn the state from deep red to purple, and perhaps even blue.

In addition, many California families have decided to migrate to Texas simply to find more affordable housing, lower taxes and streets that arenít rife with homeless people, feces and used drug paraphernalia. And Texas even has a 367-mile-long coast!

But we cannot overstate the significance of the Bureauís top-line finding: Texas will gain two or three congressional seats after 2020 while California will likely lose one.

Thatís a big deal for California, which has never lost a congressional seat. It is a tacit repudiation of Californiaís over-the-top taxes and policies. Some of the other blue states, like New York and Illinois, have been bleeding people for years.

Several years ago I interviewed the editor of Chief Executive magazine, which conducts an annual CEO survey of the best and worst states to do business. The editor told me the survey had two constants: Texas always comes in as the best state to do business, and California always comes in dead last. Oh, and Florida, which is projected to gain two seats, usually comes in second place.

But there is another factor: Texas has become one of the primary destinations for disaffected Californians, as more and more California businesses have concluded itís time to go where they will be appreciated.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...gains-momentum
[Reply]
Donger 10:29 AM 01-12-2020
It's so wonderful when Bitch desperately tries to convince himself and funnier, others, that most people think the way he does.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:44 AM 01-12-2020
So back to Johnson County.

Anyone want to explain why this high tax area isnít losing anyone?
[Reply]
Donger 11:14 AM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
So back to Johnson County.

Anyone want to explain why this high tax area isnít losing anyone?
Relative to California, is it high?

How about housing costs?

Is it as crowded?

Is it as liberal?

Just because you want to believe it's about brown people who don't look like you doesn't make it true, Bitch.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:16 AM 01-12-2020
Answer the question or tapout with dignity.
[Reply]
Donger 11:17 AM 01-12-2020
Answer the question or tapout with dignity.
I just did, you twat.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:23 AM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
But that trend also highlights a problem: Some of the people fleeing destructive blue-state taxes and regulations appear to drag their pro-big-government philosophy with them ó apparently oblivious to the fact those policies destroyed the state they are trying to escape.

The freer and more low tax states need to build a wall to keep them out, establish their own border patrol to vet them for their subversive ideas that could destroy our low tax states.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:26 AM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
My father in law and his wife have a place in Palm Springs. California sent him a letter claiming since he lived there (part time-less than 5 months 30 days)-that he had to pay taxes on his teacher retirement. They are looking at money ANYWHERE they can. Possibly screwing out of state retirees in the process.

I want to leave Minnesota when I retire.
How long have they had that property? If theyíve owned it a long time then they are BENEFITTING from the 1970s law that froze property tax rises. Itís a 7B/yr benefit to older homeowners since prop taxes arenít based on actual market values which are way higher.

Surely they told you that ďproperty taxesĒ are absolutely NOT the reason for boomers to leave Cali. They benefit
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:47 AM 01-12-2020
How long have they had that property? If theyíve owned it a long time then they are BENEFITTING from the 1970s law that froze property tax rises. Itís a 7B/yr benefit to older homeowners since prop taxes arenít based on actual market values which are way higher.

Surely they told you that ďproperty taxesĒ are absolutely NOT the reason for boomers to leave Cali. They benefit
Not that long. They are claiming since he is in CA- his income is taxable by CA. Even though he is a resident of MN. That is not how this works. He did not do any work in CA. So no income can be taxed.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 01:14 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The freer and more low tax states need to build a wall to keep them out, establish their own border patrol to vet them for their subversive ideas that could destroy our low tax states.
States need to outlaw political parties. :-)
[Reply]
banecat 01:38 PM 01-12-2020
States need to outlaw political parties. :-)
This
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:51 PM 01-12-2020
In the past twenty years, the number of White people in California has dropped by two million. The rate at which whites are leaving the state is increasing. During that same time period, six million Latino and two million Asian immigrations moved in.

Weird. Taxes seem to be bothering whites but not Hispanics or Asians. That seems believable
[Reply]
banecat 01:57 PM 01-12-2020
In the past twenty years, the number of White people in California has dropped by two million. The rate at which whites are leaving the state is increasing. During that same time period, six million Latino and two million Asian immigrations moved in.

Weird. Taxes seem to be bothering whites but not Hispanics or Asians. That seems believable
Asians and Latinos aren't fond of Hebrews?
[Reply]
Cosmos 02:11 PM 01-12-2020

One can even see that dynamic occurring in Texas. For a decade or so, liberals have been predicting (not to mention hoping) that Texasís growing Hispanic population would turn the state from deep red to purple, and perhaps even blue.

In addition, many California families have decided to migrate to Texas simply to find more affordable housing, lower taxes and streets that arenít rife with homeless people, feces and used drug paraphernalia. And Texas even has a 367-mile-long coast!

But we cannot overstate the significance of the Bureauís top-line finding: Texas will gain two or three congressional seats after 2020 while California will likely lose one.

Thatís a big deal for California, which has never lost a congressional seat. It is a tacit repudiation of Californiaís over-the-top taxes and policies. Some of the other blue states, like New York and Illinois, have been bleeding people for years.

Several years ago I interviewed the editor of Chief Executive magazine, which conducts an annual CEO survey of the best and worst states to do business. The editor told me the survey had two constants: Texas always comes in as the best state to do business, and California always comes in dead last. Oh, and Florida, which is projected to gain two seats, usually comes in second place.

But there is another factor: Texas has become one of the primary destinations for disaffected Californians, as more and more California businesses have concluded itís time to go where they will be appreciated.

This makes Republican Voter Suppression more of a challenge over time... going to have to rely on removing based on surnames ...the HORROR. hmmm:
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:37 PM 01-12-2020
Some of the people fleeing destructive blue-state taxes and regulations appear to drag their pro-big-government philosophy with them ó apparently oblivious to the fact those policies destroyed the state they are trying to escape.

There is no evidence at all for this myth. People who peddle it should post proof. Letís look at Texas, Cruz vs Beto 2014: Cruz LOST native Texans and won only because of migrants:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...it-poll-shows/
[Reply]
Eureka 06:25 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
I am genuinely curious abounds t this. Is it because folks like you guys have debt that is figured at the higher level income? Just to lay it on the table, I make $18.30/hr. I put about 40% of that in savings. Be it the 401k, IRA, simple savings account, whatever.

My house payment is $450/month. My vehicles are all paid for. I could pay my house payment by Thursday of the first week of the month if that is the route I chose. That doesn't figure in the wifes paycheck at all.

I'm trying to understand the reasoning or logic if you will. Why do the coasts have people strapped?
At my work we pay kids out of HS 19$ an hour for entry level security work. They have to be able to get a guard card though. It used to be 22$ an hour and might go back to that rate in February. This is in the Stanford area though where an apartment could rent for $2500+
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up