ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The blue-state exodus gains momentum
Merde Furieux 11:02 AM 01-11-2020
But that trend also highlights a problem: Some of the people fleeing destructive blue-state taxes and regulations appear to drag their pro-big-government philosophy with them ó apparently oblivious to the fact those policies destroyed the state they are trying to escape.

One can even see that dynamic occurring in Texas. For a decade or so, liberals have been predicting (not to mention hoping) that Texasís growing Hispanic population would turn the state from deep red to purple, and perhaps even blue.

In addition, many California families have decided to migrate to Texas simply to find more affordable housing, lower taxes and streets that arenít rife with homeless people, feces and used drug paraphernalia. And Texas even has a 367-mile-long coast!

But we cannot overstate the significance of the Bureauís top-line finding: Texas will gain two or three congressional seats after 2020 while California will likely lose one.

Thatís a big deal for California, which has never lost a congressional seat. It is a tacit repudiation of Californiaís over-the-top taxes and policies. Some of the other blue states, like New York and Illinois, have been bleeding people for years.

Several years ago I interviewed the editor of Chief Executive magazine, which conducts an annual CEO survey of the best and worst states to do business. The editor told me the survey had two constants: Texas always comes in as the best state to do business, and California always comes in dead last. Oh, and Florida, which is projected to gain two seats, usually comes in second place.

But there is another factor: Texas has become one of the primary destinations for disaffected Californians, as more and more California businesses have concluded itís time to go where they will be appreciated.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...gains-momentum
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:14 AM 01-11-2020
It is a tacit repudiation of Californiaís over-the-top taxes and policies. S

Lol. Kuck wonít ever dare state the real reason.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 11:31 AM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

People leave California because of the taxes and cost of living. I live here bro.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:33 AM 01-11-2020
That isnít why
[Reply]
Bowser 11:33 AM 01-11-2020

Jews or illegals? Or both?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:38 AM 01-11-2020
Taxes!

:-). Holy shit are you a dumbass, Bowser.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:40 AM 01-11-2020
Taxes!

:-). Holy shit are you a dumbass, Bowser.
But the taxes are because of the Jews and the illegals though, right?
[Reply]
banecat 11:48 AM 01-11-2020
They've all but ruined Washington. And probably Oregon. Zona, and Nevada are next. They may not get Idaho due to how many Mormons live there. And Montana, Wyoming, will not take long after enough of them move there with their low populations once the move eastward continues. But it's happening in the southeast too. Texas is mentioned, what about Florida, Georgia, and even North Carolina, how long until they become like the West Coast and the Northeast
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:54 AM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
But the taxes are because of the Jews and the illegals though, right?
Those pesky taxes!

:-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:40 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
People leave California because of the taxes and cost of living. I live here bro.
Johnson County has the highest property and sales tax rates in KC metro.

People arenít fleeing
[Reply]
Eureka 12:49 PM 01-11-2020
If you can afford it Cali is a great place to live.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 02:16 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by Eureka:
If you can afford it Cali is a great place FOR ME TO POOP ON
ftfy. -ex San Diegan
[Reply]
Pogue 02:29 PM 01-11-2020
I make too much money in California to leave.
[Reply]
banecat 02:30 PM 01-11-2020
Johnson County has the highest property and sales tax rates in KC metro.

People arenít fleeing
Is Jackson still one of the highest taxed counties in the country? You're right about Johnson's sales and property taxes being really high, but aren't Jackson's higher? And Cass, Platte, and Clay all have much lower rates, and I know that Kansas has tax rates by zip code, but I'm not sure what the laws are fro governing sales tax rates in Missouri. But Wyandotte and Douglas have higher rates than Johnson does. I'm not sure about Shawnee County's tax rates, but on the Kansas side only Franklin and Miami to the south of JoCo are where one can move to avoid higher tax rates for now, and but it's one hell of a commute back to the city or burbs to make a living
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:35 PM 01-11-2020
Johnson is the highest tax rate county in Kansas:
https://www.salestaxhandbook.com/kansas/rates

People must be fleeing.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up