ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 35
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Honest question for GloryHolz who has “holes” in his moniker
Prison Bitch 11:13 AM 01-06-2020
Did you ever see combat?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:52 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
Just making conversation, most war veterans don't want to answer questions like that and you didn't answer so that proves your a tough hombre.
There’s a code for military folks never to make up stories, lie about service, receive undeserved medals etc.

Holz isn’t talking about his “bravery” because he at least has enough honor not to cross the line of fake heroism.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:00 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
There’s a code for military folks never to make up stories, lie about service, receive undeserved medals etc.

Holz isn’t talking about his “bravery” because he at least has enough honor not to cross the line of fake heroism.
Speaking of heroism, I saved a young boy's life one hot summer afternoon. I was lifeguarding and I saw this kid slip through the center of his bouyancy ring. He obviously couldn't swim so I told his sister to help him get to the side of the pool. I sometimes wonder if that kid grew up to work on a new and improved weapons system for our military. Or maybe he enlisted himself.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:01 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'll bet he doesn't talk much about his wretched **** of a son, either. Probably does ads for condom companies. "Wear your Trojan, kids, or this could happen to you."
Probably doing Planned Parenthood fundraising at this point.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:05 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
An awfully lot of people have an awfully lot to say about a life they have never lived.
Most of them are people who would never have the balls to live that life yet have the nerve to criticize those who did. That's the worst kind of coward. But it is what it is.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:07 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Speaking of heroism, I saved a young boy's life one hot summer afternoon. I was lifeguarding and I saw this kid slip through the center of his bouyancy ring. He obviously couldn't swim so I told his sister to help him get to the side of the pool. I sometimes wonder if that kid grew up to work on a new and improved weapons system for our military. Or maybe he enlisted himself.
Prob turned out gay.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:10 AM 01-07-2020
:-)
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:36 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
I didn't realize that offended servicemen. I try and thank a soldier any time I can. Unfortunately, it's too late in life for me to join up. Back when I was young enough, I was a Democrat. All I cared about was me. Ask not what I can do for my country, ask what my country can do for me.

Wasted youth :-)

I can only speak for myself - and it's not really a question of being ungrateful; rather a question of hypocrisy by some.

90% of the people who continually "thank" me for my service, called me (and those other returning Vets) a rapist, a baby killer, a piece of trash, a war monger, a murderer, spit on us, et al back in the 60s and 70s. Today, those same hippies are now elderly (as am I) and it rings shallow to me.

The youth of today would rather issue blank platitudes of "Thank you for your service" and it nearly always sounds like "so that I don't have to get off my ass and do something".

Maybe it's just me - an old man. I don't know. Fortunately, I was raised by parents who instilled in us the idea that we OWE something to the country that had given us a great life even if it isn't joining the military. Give SOMETHING back....most folks, who have never traveled abroad, have absolutely no idea whatsoever how fortunate we are to live in America. At least that has always been my observation.
[Reply]
Coyote 11:40 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Most of them are people who would never have the balls to live that life yet have the nerve to criticize those who did. That's the worst kind of coward. But it is what it is.
Concur. I don’t want many of these folks to serve. Particularly in combat arms.

Though I honestly don’t get this discussion. Your, my,Or anybody’s service to our country was a choice.

No draft since 1973- and if anything those guys deserve more respect for not running away. Runners remain American cowards. Nothing noble about running. Amnesty or not. They will forever be pussies. Those guys trained me.

I respect the heart of a volunteer. Comparing or disdaining fellow Americans for their choices to serve or not and then comparing that service outside of the military cultures seems un-American.

What I really think is right for just me and doesn’t apply to others. Well, except the times I was in command but that was my responsibility to the guys. Again, a choice.
Each American has the same right. If they choose cowardice, we’re probably better off.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:47 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I can only speak for myself - and it's not really a question of being ungrateful; rather a question of hypocrisy by some.

90% of the people who continually "thank" me for my service, called me (and those other returning Vets) a rapist, a baby killer, a piece of trash, a war monger, a murderer, spit on us, et al back in the 60s and 70s. Today, those same hippies are now elderly (as am I) and it rings shallow to me.

The youth of today would rather issue blank platitudes of "Thank you for your service" and it nearly always sounds like "so that I don't have to get off my ass and do something".

Maybe it's just me - an old man. I don't know. Fortunately, I was raised by parents who instilled in us the idea that we OWE something to the country that had given us a great life even if it isn't joining the military. Give SOMETHING back....most folks, who have never traveled abroad, have absolutely no idea whatsoever how fortunate we are to live in America. At least that has always been my observation.

This thread was created because GloryHolz runs around calling civilians “cowards”. Unprovoked, and because he disagrees with their politics. The servicemen deserve respect but so do civilians and once a party breaches that, then no respect is owed.

I know you wouldn’t do this, but HAD you returned from Vietnam and started berating civilians as cowards and using profanity at them, then they’d be justified responding in kind. Nobody is owed respect.
[Reply]
Coyote 12:12 PM 01-07-2020
The “thank you for your service,” comment only bugs me depending on the sincerity of the commenter. It’s easily seen through like a Southern Girl’s: “Well Bless your heart.”

But most are genuine and as a damaged guy, I hear it frequently, and respond with “thank you for your support.”
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:45 PM 01-07-2020
This thread was created because GloryHolz runs around calling civilians “cowards”. Unprovoked, and because he disagrees with their politics. The servicemen deserve respect but so do civilians and once a party breaches that, then no respect is owed.

I know you wouldn’t do this, but HAD you returned from Vietnam and started berating civilians as cowards and using profanity at them, then they’d be justified responding in kind. Nobody is owed respect.
^^^^ Coward ^^^^

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:07 PM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I feel honored to know that cowards question my service with disdain.
Your service meant nothing.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:14 PM 01-07-2020
Exactly. Plus your thread title is apt and quite excellent. EPIC win all around.

Originally Posted by :
Yep!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:15 PM 01-07-2020
Your service meant nothing.
Oh I don't know about that, perhaps it just meant nothing to you. And, since you're a coward, that's probably a net positive for real Americans.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:15 PM 01-07-2020
Prob turned out gay.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 35
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up