ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 35
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Honest question for GloryHolz who has ďholesĒ in his moniker
Prison Bitch 11:13 AM 01-06-2020
Did you ever see combat?
[Reply]
theoldcoach 09:56 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Here's the thing (that I'm certain that most already know) - IF you enlist in the military, you are bound by your service to follow the orders of your "superiors" (yeah, I know). It is NOT a civilian occupation - there is no democracy.

Or, as we used to tell each other - "We had to give up most of our rights to protect the rights of the rest of the country".

Now, when some punk-assed bitch starts condemning MY service, the service of friends I lost in Viet Nam, my relatives who served this nation since the Revolutionary War - it does piss me off. But, I figure that ignorance is ignorance and let it go.
An awfully lot of people have an awfully lot to say about a life they have never lived.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:01 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
An awfully lot of people have an awfully lot to say about a life they have never lived.
If we didn't have ways to understand enough about those lives we haven't lived to comment and vote on issues that impact those lives (and our own), we wouldn't have much of a country. I'm willing to listen to people who have lived the life to inform my opinions, but I'm not willing to defer completely to them on matters that impact me as well.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 10:14 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
If we didn't have ways to understand enough about those lives we haven't lived to comment and vote on issues that impact those lives (and our own), we wouldn't have much of a country. I'm willing to listen to people who have lived the life to inform my opinions, but I'm not willing to defer completely to them on matters that impact me as well.
I was not referring to that at all. I was referring to people who have not lived that life condemning those who have. And it happens all the time. Thatís life, and I agree with Randallflag. I try to ignore it. But it is hard to do.

I agree with you and that service was performed for the exact reason that you stated. To insure that you, me and all others have every right to comment and vote on issues that impact our lives. I FULLY support that.

That is Exactly what we fought for! That is what freedom means.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:20 PM 01-06-2020
PB and BEP are still cowards.

#TheFactThatTheyDidn'tServeDoesn'tMatter,They'reCowardsAnyway---TheyArePussies

:-) :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 10:22 PM 01-06-2020
I was not referring to that at all. I was referring to people who have not lived that life condemning those who have. And it happens all the time. Thatís life, and I agree with Randallflag. I try to ignore it. But it is hard to do.

I agree with you and that service was performed for the exact reason that you stated. To insure that you, me and all others have every right to comment and vote on issues that impact our lives. I FULLY support that.

:-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:38 PM 01-06-2020

But Randall himself has admitted Vietnam was a mistake. He knows, as we all do, that Americans were never threatened by Vietnam and the war was a lie. Ask him, heíll tell you itís true.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 10:57 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
But Randall himself has admitted Vietnam was a mistake. He knows, as we all do, that Americans were never threatened by Vietnam and the war was a lie. Ask him, heíll tell you itís true.
Whether it was a mistake or not has nothing to do with my post.

Read his post. Read both of mine. Then you will understand what Iím saying.

Hell, I didnít start that f***ing war. I hated it. I hated every minute that I was in that hell hole. I did what I had to do.

And came home to what? People condemning me and my Brothers for performing the duties that we were obligated to perform. And it continues to this day. Just today in a restaurant I was called a ďbaby killerĒ. I laughed at him. But it hurts. I consider that he is ignorant. But it still pisses me off.

Iím sorry that I am not man enough to always let it go. Most times I can. Tonight......I couldnít.

And that is ALL I am saying. Those that havenít lived that life have no business condemning those that had to.

Thatís enough. Iíve said enough. I donít want to talk about it anymore tonight.
[Reply]
neech 10:58 PM 01-06-2020
How many people did you kill GD?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:13 PM 01-06-2020
Whether it was a mistake or not has nothing to do with my post.

Read his post. Read both of mine. Then you will understand what Iím saying.

Hell, I didnít start that f***ing war. I hated it. I hated every minute that I was in that hell hole. I did what I had to do.

And came home to what? People condemning me and my Brothers for performing the duties that we were obligated to perform. And it continues to this day. Just today in a restaurant I was called a ďbaby killerĒ. I laughed at him. But it hurts. I consider that he is ignorant. But it still pisses me off.

Iím sorry that I am not man enough to always let it go. Most times I can. Tonight......I couldnít.

And that is ALL I am saying. Those that havenít lived that life have no business condemning those that had to.

Thatís enough. Iíve said enough. I donít want to talk about it anymore tonight.

Everyone in my unit in the A Shau knew damned well how "the people" back home felt about us. I remember coming home - the looks, the whispers and the snickers. Meant nothing to me. You are exactly right; you and I didn't start that BS war. But being patriotic Americans heeded the call, joined up and did our jobs. The pussies that condemned us wouldn't have enough balls to protect themselves, not to mention their country.

Fast forward to the 2000s and the continual line of "Thank You for your service" individuals. That, too, gets old and I've had enough. These folks want to "thank" me - they should join up and do their part.

But no - they are content to let others do the heavy lifting for their sorry asses.

Ah hell - I, too, have said too much. Going to bed.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 04:02 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Everyone in my unit in the A Shau knew damned well how "the people" back home felt about us. I remember coming home - the looks, the whispers and the snickers. Meant nothing to me. You are exactly right; you and I didn't start that BS war. But being patriotic Americans heeded the call, joined up and did our jobs. The pussies that condemned us wouldn't have enough balls to protect themselves, not to mention their country.

Fast forward to the 2000s and the continual line of "Thank You for your service" individuals. That, too, gets old and I've had enough. These folks want to "thank" me - they should join up and do their part.

But no - they are content to let others do the heavy lifting for their sorry asses.

Ah hell - I, too, have said too much. Going to bed.
I didn't realize that offended servicemen. I try and thank a soldier any time I can. Unfortunately, it's too late in life for me to join up. Back when I was young enough, I was a Democrat. All I cared about was me. Ask not what I can do for my country, ask what my country can do for me.

Wasted youth :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:26 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
That's a strange question, why would you ask?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:45 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
Zero. The answer is zero. That pussy floated around the Caribbean for six months and now pretends he’s f’in Gladiator.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:36 AM 01-07-2020
:-), this is awesome...
[Reply]
neech 10:39 AM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
That's a strange question, why would you ask?
Just making conversation, most war veterans don't want to answer questions like that and you didn't answer so that proves your a tough hombre.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:44 AM 01-07-2020
1. You have next to no say in whether or not you see action during your service committment. Either your unit is designated to deploy and see combat, or it does not. My platoon sergeant was in 17 years without a deployment before finally going (with us).

2. Dont besmirch those who didnt see combat. While there is a huge amount of waste in the military, generally everyone has a role to play upstream that enables the war fighters. Do I and did I make jokes about the chair force? Absolutely, but without CAS, things could have turned out differently for me and my friends.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 35
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up