ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 35
< 123 456713 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Honest question for GloryHolz who has “holes” in his moniker
Prison Bitch 11:13 AM 01-06-2020
Did you ever see combat?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:49 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I guess you're sitting the 2020 election out then?
This post wasn't good when NinerDoug made it a few weeks ago.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:51 PM 01-06-2020
So you're saying that we should never have a president who isn't a combat veteran, because none other than a combat veteran could ever be qualified to make those decisions?
Actually a combat veteran, like Eisenhower is less likely to push for what the MIC wants. They've seen it and lived it first-hand unlike chickenhawks
Look at Col Douglas Macgregor who I respect and admire. MacGregor was at the front of the battle involved in the shooting and criticized for taking risks without requesting artillery support. He's been a critic of Trump's advisors pushing him in the direction he has taken. Mattis was against Trump leaving the Iran deal too.

There is also military veteran who saw combat in Vietnam and PGWI, Andrew Bacevich who has been a critic of these wars. He s an American historian specializing in international relations, security studies, American foreign policy, and American diplomatic and military history. He is a Professor Emeritus of International Relations and History at the Boston University Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies. He'd have made a far better SoS than Pompeo.

Although Pompeo served he was not deployed in the Gulf War.

Former veteran Chuck Hagel compared the Iraq War to Vietnam, was critical of Bush's handling of Lebanon War defended his criticism saying: "To question your government is not unpatriotic — to not question your government is unpatriotic."
[Reply]
fan4ever 12:55 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Would have posted the rolling on the floor laughing emoji but simply wouldn't have done it justice. How spot on.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:55 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
If you didn't have the sack to sign up for any of the five branches then you should sit down and :-) when it comes to advocating for US military actions against foreign bodies.
I served in the military for 30 years and, for a short time, I advocated for the idea that "no service, no vote"; but that flies directly in the face of what we stand for.

Here's the thing (that I'm certain that most already know) - IF you enlist in the military, you are bound by your service to follow the orders of your "superiors" (yeah, I know). It is NOT a civilian occupation - there is no democracy.

Or, as we used to tell each other - "We had to give up most of our rights to protect the rights of the rest of the country".

Now, when some punk-assed bitch starts condemning MY service, the service of friends I lost in Viet Nam, my relatives who served this nation since the Revolutionary War - it does piss me off. But, I figure that ignorance is ignorance and let it go.

Still, I favor a draft and always have. It does a young person absolutely no harm to do 2 years of service to their country. Shouldn't have to be military, however. It could be governmental service as well. Additionally, it should include both male, female, gay, straight, those who have no clue what they are; in short, everyone.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:56 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
That’s nice and all, but Holz is running around the board calling others “cowards”. Because of that, it’s fair to ask him to detail his courage and how he earned it.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:08 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I served in the military for 30 years and, for a short time, I advocated for the idea that "no service, no vote"; but that flies directly in the face of what we stand for.

Here's the thing (that I'm certain that most already know) - IF you enlist in the military, you are bound by your service to follow the orders of your "superiors" (yeah, I know). It is NOT a civilian occupation - there is no democracy.

Or, as we used to tell each other - "We had to give up most of our rights to protect the rights of the rest of the country".

Now, when some punk-assed bitch starts condemning MY service, the service of friends I lost in Viet Nam, my relatives who served this nation since the Revolutionary War - it does piss me off. But, I figure that ignorance is ignorance and let it go.

Still, I favor a draft and always have. It does a young person absolutely no harm to do 2 years of service to their country. Shouldn't have to be military, however. It could be governmental service as well. Additionally, it should include both male, female, gay, straight, those who have no clue what they are; in short, everyone.
I'm not sure it would be a social good in every way, but I think the idea of mandatory conscription for a couple of years right after high school, as some countries do, does have some merit. Certainly there are a lot of people it would do lot of good for.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:13 PM 01-06-2020
I'm not sure it would be a social good in every way, but I think the idea of mandatory conscription for a couple of years right after high school, as some countries do, does have some merit. Certainly there are a lot of people it would do lot of good for.

In this day and age, I'm certain you are right. However, most don't consider the benefits of "service". Home Loans, College education paid for, etc...

But indeed. There is no chance whatsoever that conscription ever comes back (at least in my limited lifetime).

I have often stated that if the United States were attacked tomorrow by Russia or China, there would be a line 300 miles long of cars trying to get into Canada.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:18 PM 01-06-2020
What is it with you guys questioning someone's service (or lack of)? Did either of you ever serve? If so, ever see combat?

Or - if you served - did you sit in the rear with the gear?
I see you don't know much about PB, let me help you out.

He would suck Putin's cock dry before he would serve a minute in the military.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:20 PM 01-06-2020
In this day and age, I'm certain you are right. However, most don't consider the benefits of "service". Home Loans, College education paid for, etc...
What you're making the case for is that they don't serve to defend the country primarily but only have mercenary reasons--to get stuff.

Originally Posted by :
I have often stated that if the United States were attacked tomorrow by Russia or China, there would be a line 300 miles long of cars trying to get into Canada.
That's when people do sign to serve their country.

BTW, the Trump National Security Doctrine was supposedly written by Mattis, which calls for Great Power Competition which uses hybrid warfare. Redirecting our forces toward Russia, China and Iran--the big states.

Trump is going to run into more opposition.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 01:25 PM 01-06-2020
If a war with IRAN started how many would leave Chiefsplanet and enlist in the armed forces? Age permitting.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:30 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
If a war with IRAN started how many would leave Chiefsplanet and enlist in the armed forces? Age permitting.
Or sacrifice their sons and daughters. I'd say NONE of the biggest NeoCons will.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:43 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
What you're making the case for is that they don't serve to defend the country primarily but only have mercenary reasons--to get stuff.

That's when people do sign to serve their country.

BTW, the Trump National Security Doctrine was supposedly written by Mattis, which calls for Great Power Competition which uses hybrid warfare. Redirecting our forces toward Russia, China and Iran--the big states.

Trump is going to run into more opposition.

I have never worked a job in my life where I didn't want to know the fringe benefits of that job.

Yes, people join the military for various reasons. Primarily out of a sense of service. That doesn't detract from the "fringe benefits". The idea of putting in 2-3 years (doesn't have to be a combat MOS) and getting those particular benefits in return for that service just makes it all the more appealing to a kid that has just gotten out of High School and has no damned idea in the world what to do next.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:43 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I see you don't know much about PB, let me help you out.

He would suck Putin's cock dry before he would serve a minute in the military.
That’s nice. But this thread is about GloryHolz and whether he ever saw combat. Let him answer for himself please.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:44 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Or sacrifice their sons and daughters. I'd say NONE of the biggest NeoCons will.

Geezz......If my Uncle Sam would let me back in, I would go in a heartbeat. And my kids (a boy and a girl) have both served in the military. Both in the Navy and both served in the Gulf.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:45 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
That’s nice. But this thread is about GloryHolz and whether he ever saw combat. Let him answer for himself please.

......."Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone".
[Reply]
Page 3 of 35
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up