ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Just figure out a way to get Tyler Biadasz.
Chris Meck 09:27 AM 12-09-2019
The single biggest weakness on this team is interior offensive line play.

Let's go get the center that will be Mahomes' best friend for the next ten years and multiple Super Bowl wins.

No, the LB corps isn't in worse shape then the interior offensive line.

No, not the secondary either.

It's the interior line. By far.

Yeah, we're going to need CB's, and maybe a RB, and a WR, and we do need to get better at LB.

None of those spots are why we've lost 4 games this season.
[Reply]
Coogs 01:03 PM 12-26-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't think any of us have any real idea.

he hasn't played enough to tell.

I think only using low picks, reclamation projects and UDFA on the line in the last few years is showing up on the field though.
He has been inactive several games. Doesn't give my a lot of confidence going forward, considering how banged up our line has been.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:27 AM 12-27-2019
Every time I do a mock draft, this guy is there at the end of the 1st round. Definitely false hope.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:28 PM 12-27-2019
Jake Hansen in 2/3 range. A natural fit on the OL at Center.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:05 PM 12-27-2019
Guys I donít think Biadasz will be there. Travis Swanson and Garrett Bradbury have shown us that some team is going to place an emphasis on them early. It also doesnít seem like Andyís style to draft an IOL in the first rd.

Right now it looks like there will be some quality corners available in late rd 1. I think thatís our play with a move up in the 2nd rd for an IOL.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:25 AM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Guys I donít think Biadasz will be there. Travis Swanson and Garrett Bradbury have shown us that some team is going to place an emphasis on them early. It also doesnít seem like Andyís style to draft an IOL in the first rd.

Right now it looks like there will be some quality corners available in late rd 1. I think thatís our play with a move up in the 2nd rd for an IOL.
Well, I think Andy's style is to make sure he's got toys to play with on offense.

I think he's well aware, being an old O-Line coach, that this line is fucking up playtime with those toys.

Obviously, the mock draft simulators don't really know much, and it's too early to really accurately project. (I mostly use them to familiarize myself with players in what I think are need positions.)

BUT, seems like the top corners are all gone and Biadasz is usually there right until the end of the first round.

Look at it like this-would you take Will Shields in the first when it's a huge position of need? Because that's kind of what this kid is, but he's a Center, which in this offense is arguably more important.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 05:31 PM 12-29-2019
Andy Reid has drafted a 26 year old guard in the first round before.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:50 PM 12-31-2019
Matt Miller dropped his first mock today. It has the Chiefs getting Kristian Fulton at CB in round 1 and Biadasz in round 2 (drafting from the 28 spot).

That type of outcome would be ideal,
I think. Not sure it will be possible drafting 32nd, though.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:04 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Matt Miller dropped his first mock today. It has the Chiefs getting Kristian Fulton at CB in round 1 and Biadasz in round 2 (drafting from the 28 spot).

That type of outcome would be ideal,
I think. Not sure it will be possible drafting 32nd, though.
That would be insanely good.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:41 PM 01-01-2020
I'm in favor of a mauling OL for sure. I tend to think if you give Mahomes a strong OL and weapons like Tyreek/Kelce, he can outscore anyone in a shootout. Give him more than a split second to throw the ball behind a trash OL and he will be a major problem for NFL defenses.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:09 AM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I'm in favor of a mauling OL for sure. I tend to think if you give Mahomes a strong OL and weapons like Tyreek/Kelce, he can outscore anyone in a shootout. Give him more than a split second to throw the ball behind a trash OL and he will be a major problem for NFL defenses.
AND it'll make the running game better.

line play is way underrated by fans.
[Reply]
tmax63 09:34 AM 01-02-2020
I like OL and CB for our 1st 2 picks and I really don't care which is first. What ever looks like the best value for the spot. I know you should draft BPA but I would also factor in position of need as well.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:08 AM 01-02-2020
Is Biadasz a true mauler, though? The only questions Iíve seen about him as a prospect have been in how strong he is at the POA. Heís not a Quentin Nelson-type mauler up there.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:27 AM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
AND it'll make the running game better.

line play is way underrated by fans.
And a better running game means easier play action opportunities for Mahomes with Tyreek/Kelce/whoever. It all ties together. Strong OL is never a bad thing. Needs to be a top priority moving forward.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:35 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Is Biadasz a true mauler, though? The only questions Iíve seen about him as a prospect have been in how strong he is at the POA. Heís not a Quentin Nelson-type mauler up there.
He was not good in the bowl game...he was showing serious poor leverage with the guys Oregon threw at him. He's not a space guy and he's never going to be so he needs to be basically great with power and leverage and well he wasn't.

If that bowl game is the player he is....3rd rounder.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:08 PM 01-02-2020
New mock from Matt Miller:

1. Kristian Fulton CB LSU
2. Tyler Biadiasz IOL Wisconsin
3. Markus Bailey LB Purdue

No idea how realistic that is but man that would be best case scenario
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up