ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 29
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Qanon posts here...
Rausch 07:15 AM 03-24-2019
This isn't a debate thread.

This is just for those wanting to talk about Q.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:15 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I just listened to a This American Life about this.

The first part focused on a Sandy Hook parent's battle to stop the truthers from exploiting his child's memory. The second part was a fascinating recounting of Alex Jones's "mythology" around his origin story as a truther.

Anyway, the parent was talking about how he was a total conspiracy theorist and loved the "harmless" conspiracties like UFOs, lunar landing and bigfoot. He even was into the 9/11 conspiracy for a while. He described the "fun" of running the mental gymnastics and "what if" of a conspiracy.

However, he made the distinction that when conspiracy theorists start actively harassing mass shooting victim families and being encouraged to do so as a subculture, that's a whole different animal.
I admit I dive into "conspiracy theories" from time to time (and have been wrapped up in Q in the past), but SH is one I haven't researched. I know the Alex Jones line on it, but that's about it. Seems to me that if you're going to take a stance like that after a tragedy like that, you had best goddamned good and well know for certain that what you're saying is 100% truth and have the facts and research to back it up. Him and his stance on SH have kind of helped make "conspiracy theories" into what I'm saying here.

Originally Posted by Donger:
Logic and reason. Occam's razor.
All potentially subjective though, right? Depending on the subject?
[Reply]
Donger 10:26 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
All potentially subjective though, right? Depending on the subject?
No really. Conspiracy nutters do the opposite of logic, reason and Occam. The see an event and decide and want to come up with a conspiracy. Instead of viewing the facts, and reaching a conclusion, they reach a conclusion and then try desperately to make the facts fit that conclusion.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:36 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I just listened to a This American Life about this.

The first part focused on a Sandy Hook parent's battle to stop the truthers from exploiting his child's memory. The second part was a fascinating recounting of Alex Jones's "mythology" around his origin story as a truther.

Anyway, the parent was talking about how he was a total conspiracy theorist and loved the "harmless" conspiracties like UFOs, lunar landing and bigfoot. He even was into the 9/11 conspiracy for a while. He described the "fun" of running the mental gymnastics and "what if" of a conspiracy.

However, he made the distinction that when conspiracy theorists start actively harassing mass shooting victim families and being encouraged to do so as a subculture, that's a whole different animal.
Yeah, if a person wants to tromp around in the woods with Jose Canseco looking for bigfoot, or call pieces of driftwood Nessie, whatever. That's harmless.

I don't really see the 9/11 Truth conspiracy theory as being harmless. It actually does corrupt the public trust in government in ways that it's not deserved, and reduces the government's ability to navigate a crisis and share information with the public that is needed in order for the country to deal with it.

It's all being fomented by people who either know what they are spreading is BS, people who are completely unqualified to render opinions on the subjects (like the amateur structural engineers and aviators among the 911 truthers), and people like Alex Jones who basically just fleece people who are too dumb to realize he's making money off them as a character actor and writer of fan fiction.

Obviously, when nutjobs are walking into pizza parlors with guns and harassing grieving families from Sandy Hook, that's not harmless, but the other stuff isn't always harmless either.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 10:38 AM 03-26-2019
KAG!
[Reply]
Bowser 10:41 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
No really. Conspiracy nutters do the opposite of logic, reason and Occam. The see an event and decide and want to come up with a conspiracy. Instead of viewing the facts, and reaching a conclusion, they reach a conclusion and then try desperately to make the facts fit that conclusion.
Sir, I cannot sit here and let you paint people who research conspiracies be described the same way you would describe an overly emotional liberal. Take that back this instant.
[Reply]
Donger 10:42 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Sir, I cannot sit here and let you paint people who research conspiracies be described the same way you would describe an overly emotional liberal. Take that back this instant.
:-)
[Reply]
Taco John 11:13 AM 03-26-2019
The truth about 9/11 will come out. It's just a matter of time.

When it does, people will ask themselves why they allowed themselves to be so blind to it.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:15 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:

When it does, people will ask themselves why they allowed themselves to be so blind to it.
Yep. It's only been 17 and a half years. Give it another 17 and a half years and no doubt the truth will come out.
[Reply]
Donger 11:16 AM 03-26-2019

It already came out. You just don't like it, because it doesn't fit inside your delusions.
[Reply]
Taco John 11:17 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Yep. It's only been 17 and a half years. Give it another 17 and a half years and no doubt the truth will come out.
I don't really get discouraged when dumb people say things. You're wasting your breath.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:19 AM 03-26-2019
I don't really get discouraged when dumb people say things. You're wasting your breath.
I have no doubt about it, but not in the way you intend.

What do you expect to come out in the future, and why hasn't it come out yet?
[Reply]
NewChief 11:20 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Yeah, if a person wants to tromp around in the woods with Jose Canseco looking for bigfoot, or call pieces of driftwood Nessie, whatever. That's harmless.

I don't really see the 9/11 Truth conspiracy theory as being harmless. It actually does corrupt the public trust in government in ways that it's not deserved, and reduces the government's ability to navigate a crisis and share information with the public that is needed in order for the country to deal with it.

It's all being fomented by people who either know what they are spreading is BS, people who are completely unqualified to render opinions on the subjects (like the amateur structural engineers and aviators among the 911 truthers), and people like Alex Jones who basically just fleece people who are too dumb to realize he's making money off them as a character actor and writer of fan fiction.

Obviously, when nutjobs are walking into pizza parlors with guns and harassing grieving families from Sandy Hook, that's not harmless, but the other stuff isn't always harmless either.
I have no ideal how widely known this narrative around AJ's high school was, but it was pretty wild.

His "origin" story that he promotes is basically that he lived in a small town in Texas in high school. He went to some party and saw all of these law enforcement officers and other high society folks doing drugs. Then he got up at a school assembly and exposed them to the entire study body. His family had to move away as a result, but that's when he got his glimpse into the dark cabals that run our society and his taste for fighting them.

According to the people he interviewed from his high school in the story (some who were his friends, some who were just normal students and some who were faculty), AJ was really strange in high school. He would run around claiming he was satan, the spawn of satan, and possessed by demons. He would roll his eyes back in his head, make his tongue turn black, and pretend to be possessed regularly. He beat a guy up so badly (pile drived him on the concrete) that the guy had to go into the hospital.

As a result of that incident, Alex was lured to a party where the guy he had beat up and a bunch of others were hanging out. They then beat the shit out of him. After that, he moved.

Anyway, the TAL episode was fascinating.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:59 PM 03-26-2019
IIRC? Q tipped everyone off,some time ago, that Smollett would probably walk..
Taco can verify, if my memory serves me right?
[Reply]
Taco John 08:12 PM 03-27-2019
Trump interview with Hannity chock full of Qanon dog whistles...

The sleepers are going to be so shocked when they realize they're blind idiots. I can't even imagine the cognitive dissonance wall these people are facing.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:10 PM 03-27-2019
DECLAS is coming. Expect a FF.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 29
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up