ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Steven Nelson calls out Chiefs and Bob Sutton
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:49 AM 04-17-2019

Former Chiefs CB Steven Nelson, now with Steelers, says he felt 'shaded' by Chiefs fans, KC's predictable scheme puts players in tough spot. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League." https://t.co/NpGrWm2QBX

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) April 17, 2019

"I kind of felt like I was shaded," Nelson said about his time there. "I just felt like it was a slap in the face. A lot of people didn't really know what was going on there. A lot of players took the heat."

"You're a target to other teams, referees, fans. It's just not a good thing," Nelson said. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League. These offenses are smart. If you switch it up like these other offenses are doing, you can make plays."
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:46 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Entire season comes down to defense this go around. When you have a solid defense you can travel. When you don't you get beaten by good teams.
If we learned anything from last year, yes. We can't allow the other team to participate in shoot-outs.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:47 PM 04-18-2019
Also, offense might suffer something resembling a hangover after last year's all-world effort, so the defense needs to be on-point so that we can win close games. And I have a feeling there will be more close games this year than last.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:04 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by jspchief:
There wasn't any sarcasm in my initial post. I simply said I wouldn't be surprised to see some players succeed on other teams. Some drooling idiot understood that to be a claim that Nelson was going to turn into a pro bowl caliber player.

We need a font for people with the reading comprehension of a 4 year old.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Agreed.

[Reply]
JakeF 02:14 PM 04-18-2019
We should have kept Houston or Ford for another year. Suck it up and find a way to cram both of them under the cap FFS. If nothing else tag Ford for one more year before trading him. I think we are going to miss Justin Houston a lot. If the colts put Houston at DE and leave him alone, he is going to get 15-18 sacks this year.

We are supposed to be pushing for a super bowl win before Mahomes gets the largest contract in NFL history. Everyone in the league should be saying "Damn, how are the Chiefs fitting all those guys under the cap?"

Hell no, we are trimming fat instead. :-)

I know, i know i'm complaining again. It's just so frustrating. Sorry. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:21 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
We should have kept Houston or Ford for another year. Suck it up and find a way to cram both of them under the cap FFS. If nothing else tag Ford for one more year before trading him. I think we are going to miss Justin Houston a lot. If the colts put Houston at DE and leave him alone, he is going to get 15-18 sacks this year.

We are supposed to be pushing for a super bowl win before Mahomes gets the largest contract in NFL history. Everyone in the league should be saying "Damn, how are the Chiefs fitting all those guys under the cap?"

You're just entirely wrong. They were a historically bad defense WITH those guys, and leading the league in sacks. What did that teach you?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:36 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You're just entirely wrong. They were a historically bad defense WITH those guys, and leading the league in sacks. What did that teach you?
That the Chiefs couldn't stop the run?
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:43 PM 04-18-2019

Houston will put up 15-18 sacks in Indy, lol.

You're adorable.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:44 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
That the Chiefs couldn't stop the run?
GOOD. Then you should understand what they've done so far this offseason.

What kind of DE's have they signed? What kind of player is Honey Badger?
[Reply]
JakeF 02:47 PM 04-18-2019
That having only a pass rush isn't enough. You need to have decent coverage behind the pass rush as well. Every team also needs quality coaches that can take advantage of the pass rush.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:50 PM 04-18-2019

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:50 PM 04-18-2019
They were still good players though. Just because a defense is bad doesnt mean each individual player on that D was bad.

Like it or not the D we currently have is less talented on the dline wout Ford and Houston. Just gotta hope whoever replaces them plays very well otherwise we could be in big trouble.

I'm sure they have a plan. Hopefully it works out
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:54 PM 04-18-2019
That having only a pass rush isn't enough. You need to have decent coverage behind the pass rush as well. Every team also needs quality coaches that can take advantage of the pass rush.
This.

Some of these guys take the only thing the Chiefs did well and say, "See! it didn't work", as if it were the pass rushers fault this defense sucked.

But hey, we got rid of them and now we're suppose to be better because of it. As if Houston was a poor run defender or some shit. He was the best damn run defender on the team.

I understand that he was too expensive for his production, but lets not pretend that the void left in his absence makes the team better.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:57 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
They were still good players though. Just because a defense is bad doesnt mean each individual player on that D was bad.

Like it or not the D we currently have is less talented on the dline wout Ford and Houston. Just gotta hope whoever replaces them plays very well otherwise we could be in big trouble.

I'm sure they have a plan. Hopefully it works out
Ford was a very one dimensional player and less than average at anything other than speed rush. I would make the argument that a strong, run stuffing DE that stops more plays for a loss or short gain is just as valuable as a guy that will get a hurry or two and possibly a sack once a game.

Just as an example.

That defense played poorly on a fundamental level, didn't play the run well at all, didn't tackle well, and didn't cover well. The coaching staff covered for all of that by running the same coverage on pretty much every snap without even trying to disguise anything.

It was time to blow it up.

I still say, if you can't run the ball on KC, then you're not going to beat Mahomes. They've signed big, strong, run stuffing DE's. More beef up front, better scheme-STOP THE RUN.

I'm not content, and the team isn't done adding talent yet. I just don't get how anyone thought we were going to get better by keeping the same players.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:59 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This.

Some of these guys take the only thing the Chiefs did well and say, "See! it didn't work", as if it were the pass rushers fault this defense sucked.

But hey, we got rid of them and now we're suppose to be better because of it. As if Houston was a poor run defender or some shit. He was the best damn run defender on the team.

I understand that he was too expensive for his production, but lets not pretend that the void left in his absence makes the team better.
I like Houston a lot, but not at that price.

I'm not saying that pass rush isn't important. I'm just saying that sack totals are OVERVALUED. Stopping the run is UNDERVALUED.

Breeland>Nelson. Mathieu>Sorensen.

They're making improvements.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:02 PM 04-18-2019

I still say, if you can't run the ball on KC, then you're not going to beat Mahomes.
Then you'd be wrong. Dead wrong.

Controlling the clock does not come simply from running the ball.

It comes from converting 1st downs.

We saw many, many times (hell look at the AFCCG) the Chiefs hold up well on 1st and 2nd down only to give up a big passing play on 3rd down.

Just re-watch the AFCCG for proof. And that was a problem all season long.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up