ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 18
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Steven Nelson calls out Chiefs and Bob Sutton
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:49 AM 04-17-2019

Former Chiefs CB Steven Nelson, now with Steelers, says he felt 'shaded' by Chiefs fans, KC's predictable scheme puts players in tough spot. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League." https://t.co/NpGrWm2QBX

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) April 17, 2019

"I kind of felt like I was shaded," Nelson said about his time there. "I just felt like it was a slap in the face. A lot of people didn't really know what was going on there. A lot of players took the heat."

"You're a target to other teams, referees, fans. It's just not a good thing," Nelson said. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League. These offenses are smart. If you switch it up like these other offenses are doing, you can make plays."
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:26 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Pretty good.
Thanks man. I was, uh... weirdly proud of that.
[Reply]
Stryker 10:28 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Nelson is perfect for the whiney little bitch Steelers. Hard to believe they gave him that big of a contract. I hope they love all the P I calls he will be getting.

I really can't stand players like this. Instead of saying he learned a lot and appreciates the opportunity to play here, he predictable blames coaches and fans for his poor performance. Glad he is gone.
He will be up against the likes of oh lets see...Jarvis Landry, OBJ, A.J. Green, Tyler Boyd, Willie Snead and whatever rookie WR they draft - 2 times a year!
:-):-):-) lets see what you have to say in the NEXT off season!
[Reply]
Kman34 10:28 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Apparently, I am in the minority here as I really didn’t think Nelson was as bad as you all do. Sure, he wasn’t the second coming of Deion Sanders, but in my view, he was a solid, tough football player. And yeah, if my boss put me in a position to fail, I’d be pissed too.

I think we can all agree that Sutton made it EASY for opponents to pretty much control our defense as they knew if they ran scheme A, our guys would react in a specified way. And if they ran scheme B, we’d react differently, but consistently. Simply put, our guys were playing at a distinct disadvantage. Clearly this left a bitter taste in Nelson’s mouth, so he voiced his disappointment.

Like I said, if my boss put me such a position where it affected my earning power, I be pissed as hell. Sutton deserves all that Nelson’s dishing out.
Did Sutton’s scheme coach holding and celebrating while a flag flies behind you.. I can’t support a scheme that has your best pass rusher drop in coverage... glad both POS are gone..
[Reply]
O.city 10:28 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You want to crown him, go ahead.

He didn’t throw for 5,000 yards, 50 TD’s, and make it to the AFCCG. He did most of his work against shit teams and shit defenses.

Forgive me for no being sold on a young QB that didn’t do anything to separate himself from the other young QB’s that people crowned way too early.
I'm not crowning anything. He may fall off, hell if any of us know.

So any stats against shit teams and shit defenses don't count, lets start subtracting from Pats season I guess?

Baker made his hay from the pocket being an accurate QB. That's a hell of a lot different than the other guys that have been crowned way too early.

I can understand not liking the dude, because he's cocky or whatever. But that doesn't take away from what he did on the field.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:30 AM 04-17-2019
This is gonna be great. We're gonna take the Steven Nelson thread and make it about Baker Mayfield.

Once again, Nelson gets owned by virtually any QB.
[Reply]
O.city 10:31 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
This is gonna be great. We're gonna take the Steven Nelson thread and make it about Baker Mayfield.

Once again, Nelson gets owned by virtually any QB.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:32 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, I mean yeah, they aren't all talented enough for it to make that much difference.

Nelson used it to get a lucrative deal and is in the top 1% of all athletes in the world. Not everyone is a hall of famer.
I disagree. I don't think that chip drove anything. It weakened him.

His personality type doesn't appear to be a positive, productive one.

This isn't a case of, "Fuck you, i'll show you how good i am".

This is a case of, "Fuck you, it's not my fault and fuck you too for blaming me when it's everyone else's fault".

He's clearly insecure.

And if you're an insecure person who dislikes the fans you're playing for, and the coaches you're playing for, and the scheme you're playing in, it's going to affect how you prepare and the effort you give.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:39 AM 04-17-2019
I'm not crowning anything. He may fall off, hell if any of us know.

So any stats against shit teams and shit defenses don't count, lets start subtracting from Pats season I guess?

Baker made his hay from the pocket being an accurate QB. That's a hell of a lot different than the other guys that have been crowned way too early.

I can understand not liking the dude, because he's cocky or whatever. But that doesn't take away from what he did on the field.
Pat did it against defenses like the Chargers(2x), Pats(2x), Ravens, Jags etc.

What good or great defense did Mayfield have a great performance against?

Hint: none
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:42 AM 04-17-2019
Does his mom post here? People need to not say mean things about NFL players on the internet, y'know, because one time Philip Gaines' mom was reading Chiefs Planet and we were mean to him. And then she just kind of didn't do anything and then left. How unfortunate! That's what a handful of moral Orels around here told me, anyway!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:43 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Does his mom post here? People need to not say mean things about NFL players on the internet, y'know, because one time Philip Gaines' mom was reading Chiefs Planet and we were mean to him. That's what a handful of moral Orels around here told me, anyway!
Mikael Ricks' mom was cool
[Reply]
O.city 10:47 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Pat did it against defenses like the Chargers(2x), Pats(2x), Ravens, Jags etc.

What good or great defense did Mayfield have a great performance against?

Hint: none
He was pretty solid against the tough Ravens d, just had a few too many INT's which is expected against that D. He definitely didn't have the season Mahomes had, no one is saying anything close to that.

But as a rookie on a terrible franchise, he had the best rookie season a QB has had. That's not exactly anything to throw away.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:49 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Apparently, I am in the minority here as I really didn’t think Nelson was as bad as you all do. Sure, he wasn’t the second coming of Deion Sanders, but in my view, he was a solid, tough football player. And yeah, if my boss put me in a position to fail, I’d be pissed too.

I think we can all agree that Sutton made it EASY for opponents to pretty much control our defense as they knew if they ran scheme A, our guys would react in a specified way. And if they ran scheme B, we’d react differently, but consistently. Simply put, our guys were playing at a distinct disadvantage. Clearly this left a bitter taste in Nelson’s mouth, so he voiced his disappointment.

Like I said, if my boss put me such a position where it affected my earning power, I be pissed as hell. Sutton deserves all that Nelson’s dishing out.
Steven Nelson played better under Bob Sutton than he will ever play again in his NFL career. Full stop.

This idea that Sutton harmed Nelson's potential is ludicrous. Sutton was left on the left side of the formation where he could focus on specific route combinations and not have to worry about shadowing premier guys or get stuck into tougher matchups opposite of Scandrick.

It is BECAUSE of Bob Sutton that Steven Nelson got paid. And in a system that demands more of him, he'll be overexposed.

In many ways this defense suffered to the benefit of Steven Nelson.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:54 AM 04-17-2019
Nelson is one of those guys who never takes responsibility, it's always someone elses fault even the fans.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:57 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Nelson is one of those guys who never takes responsibility, it's always someone elses fault even the fans.
Sounds like a perfect match for the Steelers.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 AM 04-17-2019
He was pretty solid against the tough Ravens d, just had a few too many INT's which is expected against that D. He definitely didn't have the season Mahomes had, no one is saying anything close to that.

But as a rookie on a terrible franchise, he had the best rookie season a QB has had. That's not exactly anything to throw away.
Did you watch both games against the Ravens?

He had 4 and could’ve easily ended up with 6+ INT’s in those two games. He wasn’t very good at all against them. It looked a lot like Watson in 2017.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 18
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up