ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Media Center>I have officially watched Tombstone
EyePod 12:10 PM 02-17-2009
Can I have my Man Card back now?

I enjoyed the movie overall. A little over-the-top, but still a good flick.

What I loved:

Val Kilmer's acting. I've never seen him act better. Good stuff.

When they first went after the Cowboys, and Earp (I think) jumped through the fucking window, and then killed all the Cowboys there. That was fucking sweet.

The things that really bothered me were:

The wasted shooting on horseback, especially when you couldn't see that they were shooting at anyone. Does this happen in most Westerns?

Kurt Russel's mustache. That was just ridiculous.

The end of the movie, where Wyatt doesn't have to worry about money ever again because his bitch's family is rich, and he's perfectly OK with just mooching and getting room service from her moneys.
[Reply]
FAX 10:51 PM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by Heath Henry Clay:
Although looking nothing like the real Holiday, Val Kilmer played a very good Doc Holiday.
Quite true. The real Doc Holliday liked to dress up in women's clothes and play "Find The Mousie" with a 5 string banjo.

Nevertheless, it was a landmark performance. A real huckleberry. Probably Kilmer's all-time best. At least, the one for which he'll be most remembered.

FAX
[Reply]
DeezNutz 10:54 PM 02-18-2009
Kilmer can play the cool, cocky hard ass. He made a great Ice Man, too.

If he could smoke a cig like he did in Tombstone and roll a silver dollar, or whatever the hell that was, in Top Gun, all while saying, "I'm your Huckleberry." that would pretty much be the all-time great ass kicking moment for Val.
[Reply]
Frankie 11:02 PM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by Heath Henry Clay:
Although looking nothing like the real Holiday, Val Kilmer played a very good Doc Holiday.
Thought you might find these interesting:

The real Wyatt EarpThe real Doc Holliday

Hollywood's Wyatt and Doc

Henry Fonda - Victor Mature (in My Darling Clementine)

Burt Lancaster - Kirk Douglas

James Garner - Jason Robards

Kevin Costner - Dennis Quaid ( in Wyatt Earp 1993)

Kurt Russell - Val Kilmer (in Tombstone 1993)

Of course there's a whole number of B-Western and TV depictions of these guys. Some of them quite wild with no attempt at presenting ANY resemblance.
[Reply]
FAX 11:08 PM 02-18-2009
Glad to see them go with the fat tie in Tombstone. I'm very much opposed to the skinny tie. Might as well hang a sock around your neck.

FAX
[Reply]
The Chief 10:38 AM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by vailpass:
In reality Doc Holiday would have blown your turban off for running your mouth like that.
I just choked and shot pepsi out of my nose after reading your reply, thats hilarious!
[Reply]
Frankie 11:03 AM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by The Chief:
I just choked and shot pepsi out of my nose after reading your reply, thats hilarious!
Only a true n00b encourages trolls on this bb.

n00b!!
[Reply]
vailpass 11:20 AM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by Frankie:
Only a true n00b encourages trolls on this bb.

n00b!!
Is everyone with whom you disagree a troll or just those who refuse to pet your camel?
[Reply]
Frankie 12:20 PM 02-19-2009
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Is everyone with whom you disagree a troll or just those who refuse to pet your camel?
I disagreed with your sucker punch? Oh I'm sorry to hurt your wittwe feewing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:34 AM 04-11-2009
The Searchers is on AMC right now, started at 11:45
[Reply]
Gracie Dean 08:31 PM 04-12-2009
Mancard Check
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 09:00 PM 04-12-2009
http://tinyurl.com/dc8f6g
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:51 PM 04-12-2009
Wow...a lot of hate for Wyatt Earp with Costner....it wasn't THAT bad. I like him in Field of Dreams, thought Bull Durham was overplayed (by both he AND Robbins) and I actually enjoyed For Love of The Game.

Tombstone is the best....Open Range was Costner's best in a long time (Duval DID steal the show) and Silverado is too many times overlooked.

I saw someone earlier list Paint Your Wagon.....how many here have ever seen Cat Ballou?

mmaddog
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:37 PM 04-12-2009
You are not allowed to trash talk Tombstone, you can however trash talk that god aweful Kevin Costner Wyatt Earp movie. Tombstone was so much better than that waste of space. I'm pretty sure the reason Kevin Costner dropped out of big budget movies was 1. Waterworld and then 2. Wyatt Earp.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:45 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by mmaddog:
Wow...a lot of hate for Wyatt Earp with Costner....it wasn't THAT bad. I like him in Field of Dreams, thought Bull Durham was overplayed (by both he AND Robbins) and I actually enjoyed For Love of The Game.

Tombstone is the best....Open Range was Costner's best in a long time (Duval DID steal the show) and Silverado is too many times overlooked.

I saw someone earlier list Paint Your Wagon.....how many here have ever seen Cat Ballou?

mmaddog
I agree. I must not know much about movies, but I like Kevin Costner in just about every film I've ever seen him in.
[Reply]
badgirl 11:48 PM 04-12-2009
'You Ant No Daisy":-) My favorite quote from the movie.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Up