ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Chiefs clip the Eagles media dump thread****
Hammock Parties 02:11 PM 09-17-2017
May as well just do one of these every week, fam.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:15 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Almost certainly, yes.
that is sad
[Reply]
Frosty 09:27 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
How do you defend that friggen shuttle pass, man?
The shovel pass is tough too.

:-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:38 AM 09-18-2017
Some of Brian Baldinger's thoughts the Chiefs/Eagles game...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 09:49 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
that is sad
He's not likely getting rich, but YouTube can be a nice, money-generating hobby if you are entertaining. According to this page, he's got almost 36 million views historically. It's not a straightforward calculation, but YouTube pays out somewhere in the vicinity of $2.50 per thousand views, so in theory he could have made around $90k through YouTube (though the actual payout varies widely).

Of course, that's over 1738 videos, so that's only like $50/video. Not a ton, but not chump change either.
[Reply]
O.city 11:40 AM 09-18-2017
Just saw the video of the Mitchell fuck up.

Good lord man. What the hell was that?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:09 PM 09-19-2017
Need a gif of that kick ass run by Hunt down the right sideline.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:38 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Some of Brian Baldinger's thoughts the Chiefs/Eagles game...

[SPOILER]
Holy crap, that first one with Chris Jones throwing the guard around like a rag doll...I don't think I've ever seen that kind of dominance before...
[Reply]
RunKC 12:39 PM 09-19-2017
https://mobile.twitter.com/fduffy3/s...98211121467392

Alex is responsible for this sack. Had Albert Wilson open for at least a 5 yard gain. Hill was right behind the LB in the middle, but don't think Alex saw him.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:45 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That was so awesome, didnt get the sack but it definitely affected the throw
Wentz was 2/10 for 10 yards when under pressure.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:47 PM 09-19-2017
Give me the Ford sack, Clay. I must see it again. :-)

Thank you for the great work.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:49 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
https://mobile.twitter.com/fduffy3/s...98211121467392

Alex is responsible for this sack. Had Albert Wilson open for at least a 5 yard gain. Hill was right behind the LB in the middle, but don't think Alex saw him.
Looks like he was trying to look off the LBs to get the space to hit Hill.

Not sure what the down/distance was there, but he looked like he never had any interest in taking the dump. His eyes flicker down to Wilson but he's clearly hoping that space clears to hit Hill and it just didn't happen. He clearly expected Graham to crash on Wilson when he looked down and when he looks up to locate Hill, he sees that Graham didn't bite so he had nowhere to go.

That's another 'the other guy gets paid to beat you' moments. Tip your cap to the LBs for not biting on the underneath hard enough to allow Smith to do what he wanted to do there.

You can't get pissed at Alex for throwing too many checkdowns and then criticize him there - he's trying to do exactly what people ask for there and use his eyes/progressions to open up a bigger play. It just didn't come together.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:03 PM 09-19-2017
Ok, here's the deep ball.

Looks like a clear overthrow from Smith, and he should have led him more to the middle of the field. He made that catch very, very difficult. I don't see Reek slowing up.

I'll give credit to Smith for not taking a very easy checkdown, though.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:08 PM 09-19-2017
Even then, that's a tough throw, and Reek misjudged it a bit. If he'd run a tiny bit flatter of a route, he might have gotten there.

Regardless, that's a tough throw and catch, and you have to take shots here and there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:12 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Even then, that's a tough throw, and Reek misjudged it a bit. If he'd run a tiny bit flatter of a route, he might have gotten there.

Regardless, that's a tough throw and catch, and you have to take shots here and there.
From the 'Andy SB' thread...

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The back end zone view is a good one - I don't think it's a miss as much as it is just a 'shit happens' moment on a throw. Hill drifted inside on the route (you can see him angling in) and Smith puts it right over where his inside shoulder would be on a true vertical.

Look at where Hill's standing when Smith releases - right at in the middle of the 20 (top to bottom). He has inside position on the DB and a major speed advantage so I think Smith just put it straight out there. I think he expected Hill to flatten out at the top of the yard number. Look where it lands - virtually dead in line with where Hill was when Smith started to release and Hill got position.

If Hill isn't drifting towards the goal-post on his route, it's an easy six. But you can also see why Hill might have done that once he put the WR on his outside shoulder - buys him a little more room. Instead it added another stride to his route (explains the overthrow; the stride came after the ball was released) and why he had to make an adjustment. Hill also drifted - push play from the 21 second mark and watch Hill - there was no reason at all for his route to continue to slide towards the middle there - the CB is done. I understand why you'd take it a little deeper early in the route but by then it really does look like he doesn't realize he's angling in. That's that 'losing where he was on the field' feeling I got.

I have a hard time chalking that up to much more than 'deep passes are hard, man'. I can see why Smith would've wanted to put it a little more towards the middle - that's where the space was. But he also knows that Hill has a clean release and insane speed - there was really no cause to do so and the nearer he puts it towards the safety over the middle, the more likely he gets his guy hit. Didn't matter here, but as an operating principal you don't go towards the middle of the field if you don't have to.

Give them the tape of that play, have them discuss it and when all is said and done they'll hit that next time. That looks a whole lot like a WR and QB that just haven't quite figured each other out yet.

Thanks for the clips.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:14 PM 09-19-2017
That's not a "true vertical," though. It's not a straight 9 route.

He puts two moves on the corner (you can't see the first one because I cut it out). He's *supposed* to break it inside.

Smith missed him.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up