ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 998 of 1208
« First < 498898948988994995996997998 999100010011002100810481098 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
srvy 09:59 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
I've found some that appeared to be liberty caps but I was too much of a chicken shit to eat them and find out. Always had a fear of eating poisonous shrooms. Is there a sure-fire way to id them?
We run across them all the time in the field. They like Bromegrass early spring popping up in pastures. Its not a shroom its a toadstool it resembles a old french soldiers helmet hence the name liberty cap. Heck sometimes you can find them after periods of spring rains in your lawn in clumps with long stems almost like a dandeline. Young guys on the crew its like finding gold in a streambed. They fill there tool pouches I just turn a blind eye have no interest.
[Reply]
srvy 10:11 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I walked all over my mom's property to find that little mess. It was alotta walking in muck boots to get those. Been out on another piece of private property and walked all over that fucker and found 3. Been out on public land a few times as well and came up with just a few each time. This year definitely sucked IMO.

Thinking the flooding last year messed up a few spots that are usually producers so 2021 will be better. Fuck 2020 all around.
Could be the covid hibernators hitting your honey holes while you're away, Boundaries mean nothing to them the woods is everyone's domain. I have lots of properties I have permission on with gate keys around KC our out of area clients holding land for the right time to sell for development. I have run into trespasser several times already this year.
[Reply]
threebag 10:25 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
sometimes you can find them after periods of spring rains in your lawn in clumps with long stems almost like a dandeline.
That’s the way I found mine. We just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I had been that route at the same time on that course many times. I have only found them that one time. It was a good day
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:59 PM 05-04-2020
We run across them all the time in the field. They like Bromegrass early spring popping up in pastures. Its not a shroom its a toadstool it resembles a old french soldiers helmet hence the name liberty cap. Heck sometimes you can find them after periods of spring rains in your lawn in clumps with long stems almost like a dandeline. Young guys on the crew its like finding gold in a streambed. They fill there tool pouches I just turn a blind eye have no interest.
I had them once out in Iowa visiting in-laws at the time. I didn't really care for them at all. The texture is just dastardly and the flavor. What flavor?

So many other better mushrooms out there, imo.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:21 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I had them once out in Iowa visiting in-laws at the time. I didn't really care for them at all. The texture is just dastardly and the flavor. What flavor?

So many other better mushrooms out there, imo.
:-) :-) - never change.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:07 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
:-) :-) - never change.
Imagine being trapped in a trip with that psycho.

[Reply]
Pablo 09:22 AM 05-05-2020
Could be the covid hibernators hitting your honey holes while you're away, Boundaries mean nothing to them the woods is everyone's domain. I have lots of properties I have permission on with gate keys around KC our out of area clients holding land for the right time to sell for development. I have run into trespasser several times already this year.
I know nobody was up at my mom's. 300 acres bracketed by the Platte and my FIL and his son farm the ground and are always around the place, along with a big ol' bastard coon hound that will run anyone off. They usually find gobs and gobs, enough that they'll run down with a couple of pounds for me at least. They got pretty well skunked this year and that little bit my buddy and I found came up in weird spots. Their honey holes didn't do jack shit.

Public ground, yeah that was over-run this year. Wasn't really worth the time and effort, but oh well I like to get out in the woods anyhow.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:47 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
We went out for the first time last week and only found 16. Temps are perfect but we are drier than a bone here.

Those old guys know what they're doing though.
He told me the general idea of what to look for. And told me I get his spots in his will. He absolutley knows what he's doing. He found one that was 8 inches tall and as big around as a pop can.

Found one in the gravel on the side of the highway.

He knows what the hell he's doing
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:49 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I know nobody was up at my mom's. 300 acres bracketed by the Platte and my FIL and his son farm the ground and are always around the place, along with a big ol' bastard coon hound that will run anyone off. They usually find gobs and gobs, enough that they'll run down with a couple of pounds for me at least. They got pretty well skunked this year and that little bit my buddy and I found came up in weird spots. Their honey holes didn't do jack shit.

Public ground, yeah that was over-run this year. Wasn't really worth the time and effort, but oh well I like to get out in the woods anyhow.
yeah. It's like that everywhere. Most guys I talk to haven't found anything to brag about.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:51 PM 05-05-2020
Chops and roasted Normandy veggies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 06:01 PM 05-05-2020
Tri-tip
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:02 PM 05-05-2020
Gringo de Mayo with homemade double deckers and some margs

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:19 PM 05-05-2020
Beef tacos and Pork/Queso Dip.
[Reply]
Sorce 07:35 PM 05-05-2020
Verde cream chicken enchiladas.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:38 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Verde cream chicken enchiladas.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Oh, that looks good. Should give it a few seconds with the torch to brown that cheese just a tad.

I'm having Korean tacos. If I remember, I'll post a pic later after dinner.
[Reply]
Page 998 of 1208
« First < 498898948988994995996997998 999100010011002100810481098 > Last »
Up