ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 111
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
old_geezer 05:15 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Jones might be realizing nobody is willing to pay him what he thinks he’s worth.

There hasn’t been a peep about a team interested in acquiring him. Chiefs can wait him out whether he likes it or not.
Actually I think it's Jones refusing to come to grips with the fact no one wants to pay him what he thinks he's worth. He's holding out for more. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:47 PM 03-21-2020
No clue what the fuck they’re doing with Sammy. Although they may just wait until the absolutely need the cap space. Same thing with LDT. I think the rumor that we were in on Peat...makes me think that if the numbers worked....that LDT would have been gone in a corresponding move.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:52 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
He sure is catching grief over that including several calling him greedy and him responding that it was nothing that he hadn't work hard for.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:08 PM 03-21-2020
This tweet and his response just confirm he’s chasing the big money!

He’s right, though. You can’t fault him.

This is his one chance to score that big time contract. Might as well take advantage of it. I just hope it’s not the Chiefs paying him that Aaron Donald money.

Rather another team do it and we take the draft picks and a big chunk of cap space to use.

Love ya, Chris. Thanks for all you did. Wish you success elsewhere, except when you play KC.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:15 PM 03-21-2020
I just do not see a possible trade partner when I look around.

The only team that makes sense is the Dolphins and they might not want to move any of their 1st round picks in case they need them to trade up for Tua.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:22 PM 03-21-2020
Jacksonville. D-line is at the top of their needs. They have a tag on a guy who does not want to be there. Win-win for both teams. We pick up draft picks from them. They move their guy to re-coup the picks. Their money is about the same either way.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:41 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Jacksonville. D-line is at the top of their needs. They have a tag on a guy who does not want to be there. Win-win for both teams. We pick up draft picks from them. They move their guy to re-coup the picks. Their money is about the same either way.
And you aren’t getting their 1st rounder.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:41 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
They are in a rebuilding stage and are trying to get rid of money. Last thing they’re ant is to give Jones a 22 mil per year contract
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:50 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just do not see a possible trade partner when I look around.

The only team that makes sense is the Dolphins and they might not want to move any of their 1st round picks in case they need them to trade up for Tua.
5 and 18 probably get it done, wouldn't you think?

trade 26 and a third to us for Jones.

I think it's likely there or maybe Seattle.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:53 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And you aren’t getting their 1st rounder.
Maybe right. But Ngakoue does not want to be there. Right now they have 11 picks, 2 in the first. They could move on from Ngakoue and still have 11 picks in the first round, plus have Jones to build around on their defense. Jones and their LB's would be a nice place to start building a defense. You can't have all draft picks. Especially if they all come due for 2nd contracts at the same time.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:53 PM 03-21-2020
Really hoping that Chris Jones is traded. As much as I loved the player on and off the field, it brushes me off the wrong way that he is playing hardball for that massive contract. I am all for paying him a nice 19M, maybe even 20M per season, he deserves it but if he is to play hardball and not accept anything less than 21M-22M I say no thanks.

There is countless examples of teams, including the Chiefs, handing out those massive contracts and coming out on the short end.

I'm a Chiefs fan first and foremost and I know that handing out any massive contract means saying goodbye to other players I would have liked to keep or putting the team in a bad position cap wise down the road.

Look at Mitchell Schwartz. A guy who seems to be intelligent. So consistent, never injured, etc. He doesn't have a massive contract, granted at a lesser position, and Veach had no trouble extending him a year more. That's what I like.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 06:55 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
5 and 18 probably get it done, wouldn't you think?

trade 26 and a third to us for Jones.

I think it's likely there or maybe Seattle.
Dolphins have two first rounders in 2021 as well, correct? They have some picks to play around with as well as the cap space.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:56 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Really hoping that Chris Jones is traded. As much as I loved the player on and off the field, it brushes me off the wrong way that he is playing hardball for that massive contract. I am all for paying him a nice 19M, maybe even 20M per season, he deserves it but if he is to play hardball and not accept anything less than 21M-22M I say no thanks.

There is countless examples of teams, including the Chiefs, handing out those massive contracts and coming out on the short end.

I'm a Chiefs fan first and foremost and I know that handing out any massive contract means saying goodbye to other players I would have liked to keep or putting the team in a bad position cap wise down the road.

Ditto
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:57 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Buckweath:

I don't mind him trying to get paid.

I just don't think we can is all. Not and still field a championship team.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:58 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Dolphins have two first rounders in 2021 as well, correct? They have some picks to play around with as well as the cap space.
I'm good with the Dolphins too. I just threw out another possibility besides the Dolphins that could work.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 111
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Up