ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 317 of 360
« First < 217267307313314315316317 318319320321327 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:48 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That’s a pile of carbs you got there :-)

What kind of car you rocking? That doesn’t look like your pickup
Sea-Doo, 2006 Kia Sorento, and 2006 Ford Taurus. Bad ass!!!
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:34 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Sea-Doo, 2006 Kia Sorento, and 2006 Ford Taurus. Bad ass!!!
Hey man. Whatever works for you. My pickup is always dirty as fuck and rides different than everyone else's because I have it loaded down with tools. Long ago I stopped associating my self worth with automobiles.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:01 PM 06-17-2019
Hey man. Whatever works for you. My pickup is always dirty as fuck and rides different than everyone else's because I have it loaded down with tools. Long ago I stopped associating my self worth with automobiles.
Yep.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:06 PM 06-18-2019
So, conventional wisdom is that if your engine is designed to run on 87 octane fuel, running higher octane fuel in it is a waste of money. Also, some higher performance turbo engines will run fine at 87 but you'll get more horsepower with Premium.

What i am curious about are the current turbos that are designed for economy over performance. My Google Fu is failing because I am getting mixed messages and most of what I find is just a fallback to convention wisdom. Then articles like this imply that even economy turbos' ECUs can adapt to higher octane fuel and may produce more power.

I'm actually curious about this less about more horsepower and more about efficiency, wondering if maybe it's easier on the engine to not have to run slightly detuned? Where I am at, Premium is less than 10% more and wouldn't be a big financial hit as I only fill up once a month or so. I did experiment with ethanol-free Premium and saw about a 1.5 mpg gain but that costs almost a dollar more a gallon and just isn't worth it. Regular Premium is only 30 cents more a gallon so not as bad.

Anyone got any decent data for this?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:35 PM 06-18-2019
I have not got solid data but a local KC dyno turner told that not much more HP can be developed in a tune of fuel containng premium unless it is driven on premium all the time. The PCM must see it is running om high octane fuel to be able to see HP gains. Then the tune can be tweeked to see even more, but this shows you fuel only.

This is bone stock testing with a 2 week premium rest preformed so OAR is -1 RED vs +1 for regular. Note how much faster HP is developed

Originally Posted by Frosty:
So, conventional wisdom is that if your engine is designed to run on 87 octane fuel, running higher octane fuel in it is a waste of money. Also, some higher performance turbo engines will run fine at 87 but you'll get more horsepower with Premium.

What i am curious about are the current turbos that are designed for economy over performance. My Google Fu is failing because I am getting mixed messages and most of what I find is just a fallback to convention wisdom. Then articles like
this imply that even economy turbos' ECUs can adapt to higher octane fuel and may produce more power.

I'm actually curious about this less about more horsepower and more about efficiency, wondering if maybe it's easier on the engine to not have to run slightly detuned? Where I am at, Premium is less than 10% more and wouldn't be a big financial hit as I only fill up once a month or so. I did experiment with ethanol-free Premium and saw about a 1.5 mpg gain but that costs almost a dollar more a gallon and just isn't worth it. Regular Premium is only 30 cents more a gallon so not as bad.

Anyone got any decent data for this?

[Reply]
Frosty 12:44 PM 06-27-2019
Well, fuck.

Deer fucking suck. :-)

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:31 PM 06-28-2019
Welp, the big red truck stopped working one time too many times. So, we were working on prepping for my son's eagle project tomorrow, everytbink on the dash goes nuts, I was smart enough to not shut it off, but it wouldn't start, so we just went and got a new truck.

It's good to have fellow scouters who know people.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:40 PM 06-28-2019
Good looking rig. 16, 17?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:53 PM 06-28-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Good looking rig. 16, 17?
17. SLE, so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but I'm a guy who throws scouts, scuba gear, dead deer, and tons of other stuff in the back, so the hour I game myself to find a new truck was very fruitful. Plus, given the friends connections at Car Max, it was a given.

I'm happy. But I'm not giving up on big red, I'll get them to tell me what's wrong (now), and see if it's worth saving.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:56 PM 06-28-2019
Hey if you do give up give me a shout on it. I'm always looking.

Huge difference in the new ones huh? 5.3?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:09 PM 06-28-2019
Hey if you do give up give me a shout on it. I'm always looking.

Huge difference in the new ones huh? 5.3?
Will do. And yes, there's huge difference. Starting with the smell. :-) And the quiet sound, it's shocking...
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:13 PM 06-28-2019
Will do. And yes, there's huge difference. Starting with the smell. :-) And the quiet sound, it's shocking...
Yeah the quietness took a little getting used to lol.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:54 PM 06-28-2019
Yeah the quietness took a little getting used to lol.
No shit, now the wife can say, "I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!!!!!"
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:19 PM 06-28-2019
Yeah. I drove one and whined to my buddy about road noise. There was more road noise than I thought there ought to be. He told me, “dude. There’s no other noise so you actually hear the road noise.” He’s right. I felt like a moron.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:21 PM 06-28-2019
Yeah. I drove one and whined to my buddy about road noise. There was more road noise than I thought there ought to be. He told me, “dude. There’s no other noise so you actually hear the road noise.” He’s right. I felt like a moron.
I've just been trying to hear the radio....
[Reply]
Page 317 of 360
« First < 217267307313314315316317 318319320321327 > Last »
Up