ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 103
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
O.city 12:18 PM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I remember that time you guys changed some logos and stuff but otherwise did absolutely nothing to change...well, anything else.

So that was neat.

Look, I need secretarial staff as much as the next guy and the knowledge that each one of the SMS applicants almost certainly has 3 or 4 strands of exceedingly virulent V.D. makes sure that we have fewer fraternization concerns.
The medical staff here is good at cleaning that stuff up.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:50 PM 12-19-2018
https://twitter.com/athletesdevelop/...024848384?s=21

Aubrey Miller
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:18 PM 12-19-2018
Darius Robinson to Mizzou. D line starting to look good.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:08 PM 12-19-2018
Jamie Pettway to Mizzou as well. Nice haul.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:12 PM 12-19-2018
Pettway is a damn good get; didn't realize we were sitting that well on him.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:16 PM 12-19-2018
This class is looking quite good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:19 PM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
This class is looking quite good.
Add Graves and when you consider the Bryant and Robinson adds, you're really talking about a borderline top 20 class at that point, IMO. Hell of a strong close by Odom on a class that was looking at risk of being in the 50 range.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:20 PM 12-19-2018
Do we have any idea of when Graves is deciding?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:23 PM 12-19-2018
By the same token, I wouldn't do anything but wipe my ass with anything printed by Frank Cusumano. Dude's been a joke for a decade.
And my age-old theory of presuming anything Frank Cusumano says is bullshit serves me well again.

That guy is a Kevin Keitzmann, Bob Fescoe level hack. Hell, he might be worse; Keitzmann knows nothing and doesn't try to pretend otherwise, Cusumano knows nothing and insists that he does.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:24 PM 12-19-2018
Add Graves and when you consider the Bryant and Robinson adds, you're really talking about a borderline top 20 class at that point, IMO. Hell of a strong close by Odom on a class that was looking at risk of being in the 50 range.
Yeah. The Bryant transfer and extension has really helped on the trail it seems.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:26 PM 12-19-2018
Graves will be a late commit and is still a big qualification question mark.

He’s got a lot of work to do at his JUcO to get eligible, and I’m not sure he can satisfy SEC requirements for JUcO players.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:28 PM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Graves will be a late commit and is still a big qualification question mark.

He’s got a lot of work to do at his JUcO to get eligible, and I’m not sure he can satisfy SEC requirements for JUcO players.
Isn't that a probable outcome for Ferguson as well? I thought I read that the reason he isn't signing early is that there are some significant qualification issues to overcome.

I'm sorry but I've seen them interview some of the folks that matriculate through the blue bloods...those guys must have a staff that's a LOT better at getting guys eligible because I'm pretty sure most some of them can't sign their own names.

Yet we constantly seem to be dealing with a handful of players that are gonna struggle to get by the clearinghouse.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:23 PM 12-19-2018
Isn't that a probable outcome for Ferguson as well? I thought I read that the reason he isn't signing early is that there are some significant qualification issues to overcome.

I'm sorry but I've seen them interview some of the folks that matriculate through the blue bloods...those guys must have a staff that's a LOT better at getting guys eligible because I'm pretty sure most some of them can't sign their own names.

Yet we constantly seem to be dealing with a handful of players that are gonna struggle to get by the clearinghouse.
Ive noticed it in basketball quite a bit. Mizzou has had a few big recruits that werent eligible, but it seems like a Kansas or Kentucky never has those issues.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:26 PM 12-19-2018
Time to get the bagmen to work on some transcript changes
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:41 PM 12-19-2018
Itd be nice to get back to the Pinkel years. We may not have won any huge games, but we had the chance to. Hell we almost had a national title game appearance. Itll be nice to have both basketball and football competing every year.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 103
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101 > Last »
Up