ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 101
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:47 AM 01-11-2021
Hunt already opened that can of worms :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 11:48 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Oh no Watkins what is you doing?!?

Don't care about the shit talking, I just don't want them to take the Browns lightly
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:49 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hunt already opened that can of worms :-)
Actually that tweet was made during the Browns run in the first quarter.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:57 AM 01-11-2021
When have the Chiefs ever come out flat in a playoff game with Mahomes? They've opened up tight before, but not flat.
AFCCG against NE 2018 and against Houston last year would fit the bill, IMO.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:02 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
True, but Cleveland can throw it also, and that's the key. IF they can combine their solid run game with an efficient passing one, and HIT their downfield shots (Like the Raiders did at Arrowhead) they will be a problem.
True.

However,

Baker can throw efficiently if they can operate through PA. Take that away, and Baker's numbers aren't nearly as good. Part of the reason that they were able to to do what they did last night was PIT could never take away that option.

CLE has a decent receiving corps, but they're not great. Landry is their best receiver, and then it's Higgins, who isn't fast, doesn't run good routes, has trouble getting separation, and has okay hands. Then it's Hooper, who's a nice TE, but he's not a whole lot better than NFL average. After that, it's probably Kareem. Who, in some ways, is the most dangerous receiver they have, because of his incredible ability to RAC.

But that's it.

Also, this is Stenfaski's offense, which we've already faced before. But Baker is still really getting comfortable in it, and there's no chance it's completely installed. In reality, Baker and the offense just began getting comfortable in it around week 11 or 12. And you could see that last night in the middle part of the game when they had several drives stall and they had to punt.

The fact is that CLE wasn't anymore efficient than they've been, even allowing for their recent success, which is about 50%. They scored on 6 drives out of 12. And two of those drives were facilitated by short fields gifted to them by PIT.

Spags will take away Chubb, Hunt, and Landry, like how he took away Cook and Diggs last season when we played MIN. They'll make some plays, but Spags will plan to keep them contained, and force Baker to try and win using Higgins and Hooper.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:04 PM 01-11-2021
Actually that tweet was made during the Browns run in the first quarter.
Then you could argue he was just saying the game wasn’t over yet!

:-)
[Reply]
arrwheader 12:20 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Ha, every browns fan I've talked to knows what they are. They all think they're going to get destroyed by the Chiefs. They are just waking up from a few decades of "the ______ have never played a team like the browns before... Who will find a way to lose in the brownsiest way possible." the browns won their super bowl yesterday. At this point their fans are just happy to still be around.
That's how I felt after the Chiefs won their first playoff game in forever.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:28 PM 01-11-2021
Reid PC:

No News on injuries but everyone is progressing
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 12:47 PM 01-11-2021
Andy's take on the situation

Reid on Kareem Hunt saying this upcoming game is personal: “Listen, I like Kareem...I’m happy for him. Things are going in the right direction for him. He’s on a good football team, great coaching staff,they won their first playoff game, there’s something to be said about that.”

— Breland Moore (@BrelandKCTV5) January 11, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Then you could argue he was just saying the game wasn’t over yet!

:-)
Almost certainly the case.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:59 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Don't care about the shit talking, I just don't want them to take the Browns lightly
Guarantee they are not.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:03 PM 01-11-2021
Cowherd thinks the Browns can win :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:05 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Hell, I think the Browns CAN win. It's extremely unlikely though.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 01:05 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
they very well could win. that didn’t bother me. what bothered me was when he said the Browns have been playing good football for 6 weeks. uh....they lost to the jets and week 17 BARELY beat the 2nd stringers of the Steelers.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:07 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Hell, I think the Browns CAN win. It's extremely unlikely though.
He thinks there's a good chance they win, and is appalled that we're a 10 point favorite :-)
[Reply]
Page 24 of 101
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Up