ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 946 of 3903
« First < 446846896936942943944945946 947948949950956996104614461946 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:47 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
On a different note, have any CPers reported having contracted COVID-19?
The Iron Chief
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:48 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
This is not the way.
I fixed it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:48 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
People in India are drinking cow piss cause they think it will protect them.
I know it's always protected me.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:48 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
People in India are drinking cow piss cause they think it will protect them.
It might all we need is one doctor to tweet his findings.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:49 PM 03-31-2020
We're about an hour away from people drinking horse cum...
[Reply]
Donger 01:51 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Does anyone have deaths broken out by nation and charted on a logarithmic scale?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I think the Governor Newsom's estimate of California infections was just a tad off.
What's even worse is that he stated it factually, which launched the process of shutting down the state.

He should have said "If we don't quarantine, up to 25 million could be infected", instead of saying "52% of Californians will be infected".
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:58 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It is still being used in compassionate care situations I would assume , maybe it doesn’t always work.
Wish I could find the twitter thread from a NY ER Doctor today but this doctor had a long thread and he said they have been giving the hydroxychloroquine cocktail and don't really believe in its efficacy and the ones he has given it to either have died or were going to die so they are trying different drugs.

That sucks...
[Reply]
Donger 01:58 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What's even worse is that he stated it factually, which launched the process of shutting down the state.

He should have said "If we don't quarantine, up to 25 million could be infected", instead of saying "52% of Californians will be infected".
I think he said "projected" but he did say "will," too, yeah. I think the shutdown was the right thing to do, though.
[Reply]
Passepartout 02:03 PM 03-31-2020
Yeah as need to take it one month at a time. Hope it will subsided by then!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:05 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief:
Pretty horrible week for me on this subject honestly.
Some of you might have read the story I told in the Virus Tales thread about my son getting out of his Dorm in New Rochelle the night before the National guard moved in.

My son apparently had the virus approx 2 weeks ago now.
A doctor looked at many students and staff at IONA pronouncing the ones that should self quarantine..no tests on hand.
My son was told to self quarantine in his room.
So after it had passed my son was symptom free for three days prior to coming home we all felt we should keep him on a leash for another week.
Its not easy to completely self quarantine your 20 yr old son in his room.
So there was a small amount of interaction.

All is fine until about 4 days ago when I noticed a light cough & my breathing became a bit shallow.
I ask my wife and other son does anybody have a cough or anything?
They did not.
But here I sit the guy in the house that never gets sick feeling a bit shitty hard to breathe..
So I begin to wonder if the news is right & my son would've been contagious for at least 7 days after being home & like I said we did keep our distance.

Then my cough turned into aches..then laziness.. I'm not a Napper...but nap I did.
My son rattled off in order how the symptoms came when they left which ones stayed the longest.
It happened just as he said.

So will my wife(55) get it or my youngest is the question & I could be contagious for 10 days After the symptoms pass.

I wanted to add like you hear on TV a lot... I'm not feeling THAT bad..the Aches suck..cough is a little annoying.

So my Dad passed a few months back & my mom(78) is alone in a house in the boon docks & we don't dare put in a visit or help at the moment.
& yes we find people if she needs something but still.
The rest of my family lives hours away.

Then there is the economy.
Like many I'm not even going to look up any stocks or my 401k I'm dumb founded how much I've lost as so many have.
Yeah a yr from now it could be back..we'll see.

Then there is my work manager of a Red lobster.
The decision to go to take out only is idiotic.
I'm not saying I disagree with Shutting down but to go to takeout.
My store had to decide who to layoff who to schedule.
Now were learning there just isn't enough takeout to bring in anyone(hourlies). As we suspected would be the case.
So this morning we put out a text/Email letting everyone know not to report in.
It'll be unemployment for most.. the 64 million dollar question..is this going to be for one month or four?
One? Thats fine lets get on with this and see what happens.
Four to six months and I'll be more than worried for a whole lot of people across the Nation/World.

Then there is looking at how the different people are handling this.
Not good not good at all.
My area is ridiculous.. I walk my dog usually at night 8 ish..and lately it felt like it was midnight.
No traffic..nobody walking...as were walking my boys and I'll try to spot curtains or blinds being peeked thru.as they look at us like zombies....its hysteria.
Again I'm not a the virus is fake guy...but seeing what its reduced so many too ..it blows my mind.

Again I ramble..but if not here then where?:-)

My wife kicked me out of the garage and told me to go lay the fuck down & rest drink fluids etc.. so here I sit and type..self quarantined in a county practically shutdown.

Oh & both my kids are home finishing their school yrs on the computers.
Just read this reply, gang tough dude, hang tough.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:06 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Wish I could find the twitter thread from a NY ER Doctor today but this doctor had a long thread and he said they have been giving the hydroxychloroquine cocktail and don't really believe in its efficacy and the ones he has given it to either have died or were going to die so they are trying different drugs.

That sucks...
I wish doctors would stop tweeting in general, if I wanted my results to be taken seriously it is not the route I would choose but maybe i am old school .

If you are doctor right now dealing with this who has time for social media.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:06 PM 03-31-2020
Just went shopping for the first time in a week and a half and my local store was pretty much stocked. Milk, eggs, hamburger, chicken, fish, whatever you wanted they had it.... except for toilet paper.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:07 PM 03-31-2020
Anyone who still believe CCP numbers is fooling themselves
[Reply]
Mecca 02:07 PM 03-31-2020
I see this aged well...

[Reply]
Page 946 of 3903
« First < 446846896936942943944945946 947948949950956996104614461946 > Last »
Up