Page 18 of 23
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN Playoff Machine
RINGLEADER 10:58 PM 11-22-2020
It's back...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
[Reply]
O.city 08:31 AM 12-22-2020
I'd say lets beat the Falcons, roll the starters out for a half vs the Chargers like the normal 3rd preseason game, then go from there.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:32 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd say lets beat the Falcons, roll the starters out for a half vs the Chargers like the normal 3rd preseason game, then go from there.
I like this.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:45 AM 12-22-2020
This stupid tracker was wrong for hours last night after Pitt lost. It kept telling people we have the bye locked up. Its useless in real time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:50 AM 12-22-2020
We need to beat the Falcons.

Then..... sit Mahomes. That hit he took because of our O-line could have sunk our season.

Hasn't Andy done it both ways, sit starters and played starters, when he's had the bye?
[Reply]
Danguardace 08:51 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Pitt loss or win won't matter if we beat Atl. We would have better record no matter what.
I think its to do with avoiding the 3 way tie which is the only way Chiefs can be ousted from the #1 seed
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We need to beat the Falcons.

Then..... sit Mahomes. That hit he took because of our O-line could have sunk our season.

Hasn't Andy done it both ways, sit starters and played starters, when he's had the bye?
You can play everyone without putting anyone in harms way.

Anyone with a nagging injury can sit for 2 weeks. Run it alot, etc.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:59 AM 12-22-2020
This stupid tracker was wrong for hours last night after Pitt lost. It kept telling people we have the bye locked up. Its useless in real time.
Seemed fine to me. I think people just don't understand how to use it. It makes assumptions about every game unless you specifically pick winners, so people think that the results are locked in. That gets iffy when there are a dozen different games that matter for tiebreakers.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:00 AM 12-22-2020

That means sitting Fisher. Making our O-Line worse. So you put Mahomes back with an even worse line back there since he doesn't have a nagging injury?

You dont need Mahomes to stay in shape to handoff to a RB in week 17.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:00 AM 12-22-2020

Exactly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:01 AM 12-22-2020
That means sitting Fisher. Making our O-Line worse. So you put Mahomes back with an even worse line back there since he doesn't have a nagging injury?
I'm not sitting a healthy starter for 2 full weeks for any reason.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:04 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Seemed fine to me. I think people just don't understand how to use it. It makes assumptions about every game unless you specifically pick winners, so people think that the results are locked in. That gets iffy when there are a dozen different games that matter for tiebreakers.
Wellll then, there certainty was a lot of user error last night. Idiots. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:05 AM 12-22-2020

You dont need Mahomes to stay in shape to handoff to a RB in week 17.
Rpo, quick game, etc.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:14 AM 12-22-2020
A let down is always possible in our first playoff game, but this team has showcased why it can come back no matter what the odds. I'd say sit your starters if you beat the Falcons for 2 weeks to be absolutely sure you don't get one of your stars injured. All it takes is one play, and I would rather lose our first playoff game with all of our guys healthy and ready to go, than to lose it because we shouldn't have played Travis/Tyreek/Sammy/Leveon/Patrick. Andy will have never heard the end of it if one of them gets injured, or even any member of our already depleted offensive line. Take the rest, believe in Mahomes and this team's ability that even if they come out and play shitty for a half, or even three quarters, in that first playoff game against the Titans/Browns/whoever, that they'll come back. We need to start believing we are better than the stigmas and superstitions of the last 50 years before the Superbowl LIV.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:21 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm not sitting a healthy starter for 2 full weeks for any reason.
Yeah, I agree that seems to be too long. But.... I'd rather have a rusty Mahomes than see him get sandwiched like he did Sunday by that SD D-line. He goes down, so does our SB hopes.

I know every single play, it could happen. But, its all relative.

Getting injured in a game that doesn't matter that takes away our great chance to win a SB would be a ****ing tragedy.

You have seen Mahomes take more risks on getting hit in the playoffs. And thats okay. It's all a risk/reward equation. He's pretty good at that equation too.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:05 AM 12-22-2020
The Buffalo Bills can clinch the 2nd seed next Monday with a win & a Pittsburgh Steelers loss to the Indianapolis Colts & a Tennessee Titans loss to the Green Bay Packers.

That's happening.

1. Chiefs - bye

2. Bills
3. Browns
4. Colts
5. Titans
6. Steelers
7. Dolphins

7)Dolphins @ 2)Bills
6)Steelers @ 3)Browns
5)Titans @ 4)Colts

3 wildcard games vs divisional opponents.

Has that ever happened before?
[Reply]
Page 18 of 23
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up