ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 208
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:59 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog:
meet people, etc.

He doesn't need another cunt in his life right now - he's healing.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:05 PM 10-07-2014
Bad move. You can do more at the gym, meet people, etc.
I can do slightly more, but not enough to justify the $ and the pain in the ass of driving down there all the time.

The ease of going out to my garage and getting swoll is going to be great. I will also most likely increase my workout frequency now.

As for meeting people...I've never hit on a single chick in a gym and I never will. That's just creepy as hell.
[Reply]
KC native 03:07 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by Count Zarth:
I can do slightly more, but not enough to justify the $ and the pain in the ass of driving down there all the time.

The ease of going out to my garage and getting swoll is going to be great. I will also most likely increase my workout frequency now.

As for meeting people...I've never hit on a single chick in a gym and I never will. That's just creepy as hell.
It will increase the frequency while it's nice outside. When it's freezing or hot as fuck, you won't work out. I've had a nice weight set in my garage for a long time. It took getting a gym membership to make me have a regular workout schedule.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:14 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by KC native:
It will increase the frequency while it's nice outside. When it's freezing or hot as fuck, you won't work out.
I'm not you. I regularly walked 3-mile round trip to the gym in sweltering heat this year.

I could also just put it in my AC'd basement.
[Reply]
KC native 03:27 PM 10-07-2014
I'm not you. I regularly walked 3-mile round trip to the gym in sweltering heat this year.

I could also just put it in my AC'd basement.
Walking in the heat and really exercising in it are two different things.

The basement would be good though. When I lived in KC, we had a weight set in the basement. I used it all the time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:28 PM 10-07-2014
Walking in the heat and really exercising in it are two different things.
It's not going to be hot in my basement. I know what works for me.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 03:39 PM 10-07-2014
Bad move. You can do more at the gym, meet people, etc.
Do more like what? Machines?

After having our second child, I pretty much had no choice but to build in the basement so that I can train whenever the opportunity arises.

My "gym" consists of..

-treadmill
-prowler
-Rogue R3 rack
-Rogue flat bench
-Rogue Ohio powerbar x2
-landmine/tbar attachment
-500lbs standard iron
-Ironmaster adjustable DB's up to 120's
-Ironmaster superbench (adjustable incline)
-Ironmaster cable tower
-glute ham developer

Thats pretty much it, and covers everything I was doing that Golds gym prior. So much easier to just go downstairs and train as soon as kids go to bed, and allows for extra family time. I never used machines so its win-win for me.

Plus my gas furnace is 'all-natty' bro.. :-)

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:49 PM 10-07-2014

This. The gym is business. I don't wanna' talk, I don't wanna' flirt. I wanna' get my shit done and get on.

Gym conversation:

"Hi"

"Bye"
[Reply]
KC native 06:55 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by 505 Chief:
This. The gym is business. I don't wanna' talk, I don't wanna' flirt. I wanna' get my shit done and get on.

Gym conversation:

"Hi"

"Bye"
You forgot "Are you almost done or are you going to keep checking your facebook and take selfies while on that bench/equipment/squat rack?"
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:14 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:

After having our second child, I pretty much had no choice but to build in the basement so that I can train whenever the opportunity arises.

My "gym" consists of..

-treadmill
-prowler
-Rogue R3 rack
-Rogue flat bench
-Rogue Ohio powerbar x2
-500lbs standard iron
-Ironmaster cable tower
-glute ham developer

Thats pretty much it, and covers everything I was doing that Golds gym prior. So much easier to just go downstairs and train as soon as kids go to bed, and allows for extra family time. I never used machines so its win-win for me.

:-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:14 PM 10-07-2014
That's badass Aspengc8
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:16 PM 10-07-2014
You forgot "Are you almost done or are you going to keep checking your facebook and take selfies while on that bench/equipment/squat rack?"

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:22 PM 10-07-2014
Too much energy expended. Evil Eye only.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:10 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:

My "gym" consists of..

-treadmill
-prowler
-Rogue R3 rack
-Rogue flat bench
-Rogue Ohio powerbar x2
-500lbs standard iron
-Ironmaster cable tower
-glute ham developer

Oh fuck yes!

Love it.

I rarely use machines and really not all that much DBs either. Give me a barbell, bench, squat rack and a place to deadlift and I would be set.

Love that setup especially since you have a GHR. Mad jelly!
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08:34 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by luv:
A poster on another BB I go to posted this in their diet & fitness thread. No one has really said anything specific regarding the questions he's asking, so I told him I'd post this here (because you all know your shit) and see what you had to say.

1. He's old
2. Bad genetics
[Reply]
Page 21 of 208
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up