Wong 2B
Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:27 AM 05-17-2018
Out exercising and ran out of my "go-to" podcasts so I turned on the STL Today's podcast. Usual trivial talk with no insight, But, one tidbit I didn't know.......

Molina is a big backer of Pena. He has went to not only Matheny and Mo but also to Dewitt to talk up Pena's intelligence and skills. He texts him to talk all the time.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:21 AM 05-17-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
happy but come on man, Carp is the worst hitting player in all the major leagues after a 1/4 of the season gone. Batting that player 1st or 2nd is insane.

I was glad to see him go to LF. I think doing that regurally is the only way he bats .250 this year.
Good to see, he at least recognizes what could help him. Whenever a player is in a funk, one of the first signs that things begin clicking again is their ability to take a ball up the middle or to an opposite field. It usually means they are staying with the pitch and not trying to do too much.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:11 AM 05-17-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Good to see, he at least recognizes what could help him. Whenever a player is in a funk, one of the first signs that things begin clicking again is their ability to take a ball up the middle or to an opposite field. It usually means they are staying with the pitch and not trying to do too much.
I'm not a MLB player but I have played my share of baseball in my youth.

For the life of me I can't understand how MLB hitters cant adjust to going the other way with the ball when the shift is on. I get they are pitching inside as much as possible but seriously bunt the ****ing thing a few times.

They have entire off seasons to prepare for this kind of thing.

Molina is awesome at poking the ball into right field.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:40 AM 05-17-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I'm not a MLB player but I have played my share of baseball in my youth.

For the life of me I can't understand how MLB hitters cant adjust to going the other way with the ball when the shift is on. I get they are pitching inside as much as possible but seriously bunt the ****ing thing a few times.

They have entire off seasons to prepare for this kind of thing.

Molina is awesome at poking the ball into right field.
I dont understand it either. You have one side of the field wide open. As a professional baseball player, you should be able to put the ball in play to half the field where they ain't.

You do that, guess what happens? they stop the damn shift against you.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:59 AM 05-17-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
happy but come on man, Carp is the worst hitting player in all the major leagues after a 1/4 of the season gone. Batting that player 1st or 2nd is insane.

I was glad to see him go to LF. I think doing that regurally is the only way he bats .250 this year.
Do you remember Carpenter having a 71 wRC in June of 2015? He did that in a season where he was worth over 5 wins. Players are going to have bad stretches. They're going to decline with age, and they're going to fight their swings at times, but it doesn't mean that they will just suddenly lose everything. Give it time. He will be fine.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:05 AM 05-17-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Happy. I was never a fan of Lynnderella. He's not even waiting until the All Star break to shit his pants anymore.
Lynn is probably the most underappreciated Cardinal of the last 25 years. Since 1980, there were four Cardinal pitchers with more WAR than Lynn: Wainwright, Carpenter, Matt Morris, and Bob Tewksbury. And he did it all on a cheap contract.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:16 PM 05-17-2018
Carson Kelly to the DL. Hamstring.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:36 PM 05-17-2018
Getting blanked by another 5+ era pitcher
[Reply]
kcpasco 06:48 PM 05-17-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Getting blanked by another 5+ era pitcher
Yep and Weaver is pitching a really good game also.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:56 PM 05-17-2018
Every one of these guys look like they need contacts.
[Reply]
kcpasco 06:58 PM 05-17-2018
Cardinals are wasting a good starting rotation. This offense is just ass.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:06 PM 05-17-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Yep and Weaver is pitching a really good game also.
13 innings 1 earned run. Nice run.
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:08 PM 05-17-2018
Nice noodle arm Marp.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:08 PM 05-17-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Cardinals are wasting a good starting rotation. This offense is just ass.
I remember in spring training when Matheny was talking about how explosive the offense was going to be and I thought oh shit its going to suck.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:09 PM 05-17-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Every one of these guys look like they need contacts.
Last time through, Pham struck out on a pitch around his shoulders. Martinez on one that bounced in front of the plate. Oaxuna on one that was in the opposite side batters box. WTF? It looks they are guessing instead of just seeing the ball and spin. :-)
[Reply]
Page 76 of 301
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Up