Page 185 of 205
« First < 85135175181182183184185 186187188189195 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
petegz28 07:13 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well when someone says it's better...
I know this might be a shock to you but different people have different opinions for different reasons. Just because someone says they like something better than you like it doesn't make them wrong.

Shocking, I know.
DaneMcCloud 07:14 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Regardless, there are many more Blacks who share his opinion on all of this and they aren’t all phonies.

I just used him as an example, but are all of their voices not just as important? Some of them are absolutely sick of the victim narrative and believe it does more harm than good for the black community.
I do not believe that's what people like Doc Rivers and LBJ are saying. They're saying their sick and tired of unarmed Black men being killed by White police officers.

I mean, these guys have tried everything to get White America's attention, from kneeling to peaceful protests and now, boycotting games, yet people are still "Fuck those guys! Black people kill Black people every day!".

There's a huge disconnect going on that I don't think will be resolved until White people acknowledge the problem and begin to make changes. Otherwise, you're going to see more and more players and more and more leagues boycotting and protesting.
staylor26 07:19 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I do not believe that's what people like Doc Rivers and LBJ are saying. They're saying their sick and tired of unarmed Black men being killed by White police officers.

I mean, these guys have tried everything to get White America's attention, from kneeling to peaceful protests and now, boycotting games, yet people are still "Fuck those guys! Black people kill Black people every day!".

There's a huge disconnect going on that I don't think will be resolved until White people acknowledge the problem and begin to make changes. Otherwise, you're going to see more and more players and more and more leagues boycotting and protesting.
10 unarmed black men were shot and killed by cops last year, most of which were justified. There’s probably a few more that weren’t shot, but it can’t be much.

3 times as many people have died as a direct result of these riots. One of which was a 9 year old girl killed in Atlanta and everybody like Doc Rivers and Lebron James didn’t say a fucking word.

So forgive me for thinking these people are hypocrites and only care about black lives being taken when there’s a political angle (killed by cops or whites).

When will some of these Blacks acknowledge that when it comes to interracial violent crime and murder, a white man is MUCH more likely to be the victim? If we are going to have these discussions, we need to talk about the facts. Narratives and anecdotal evidence isn’t good enough for me.
petegz28 07:21 PM 08-26-2020
10 unarmed black men were shot and killed by cops last year, most of which were justified. There’s probably a few more that weren’t shot, but it can’t be much.

3 times as many people have died as a direct result of these riots. One of which was a 9 year old girl killed in Atlanta and everybody like Doc Rivers and Lebron James didn’t say a ****ing word.

So forgive me for thinking these people are hypocrites and only care about black lives when there’s a political angle (killed by cops or white men).

When will some of these Blacks acknowledge that when it comes to interracial violent crime and murder, a white man is MUCH more likely to be the victim.

Dude it's simple....if it's not a white cop shooting a black person (for whatever reason) then no 1 cur.
tk13 07:24 PM 08-26-2020
Since it's been mentioned, Mahomes hasn't outright said anything but he did retweet this tweet.

The only goal is equality

— Jalen Mills (@greengoblin) August 26, 2020

DJ's left nut 07:25 PM 08-26-2020
Explain to me how it's not serious?

What do you think these people are protesting?

You guys are going to lose your motherfucking shit once the NFL players boycotts games, especially when Mahomes is involved.
Y'know Dane - I indulged in the Chop thread your claims that "Hey, I'm not like my neighbors, I'm just informing you poor, ignorant midwestern rubes as to how the world works..." for the sake of discussion.

And now I'd like to point out the algebra of the 'sane' Los Angelino:

In response to this:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And let’s remember in this instance the officers had been told he had a woman’s keys, wouldn’t return them and was wanted for domestic and sexual assault.

Yknow what it looks like if they just let him get in that car? Looks a hell of a lot like a dude on drugs (fought off three cops and shrugged off a taser) just kidnapped three kids and drove off in their moms car.

...there's no way on earth they can let that man into that vehicle...
I get this:

Okay, then let's call it like it is:

If you're Black and you fuck up, you're a dead man.
A direct response. No additional context needed as there was none offered.

So let's just break it down:

Black + Fuck Up = Dead

X+Y=Z

Let's sub for Y in your little equation here, boss. Let's sub your Y for my Y in the post you responded to.

Y = "Sexually assault a kid, batter a woman, fight three officers, shrug off a taser, announce your possession of a weapon, ignore demands to stop, reach into a vehicle with 3 kids in it"

Boy...'fuck up' is doing a LOT of work in your equation here, Dane. And the real problem is then what your conclusions are when you sub for X. Let's then sub for X and draw the conclusions you have to necessarily reach to have an ax to grind here.

X = White

Your calculus is "Be a white guy who sexually assaults a child, assaults a woman, fights the police, shrugs off a taser, ignores commands and gets into a vehicle with children and you won't get shot"

In what fucking world is that a semi-reasonable conclusion? Moreover, in what world is your conclusion that if he DID get shot, it wouldn't be reasonable?

There's nothing 'sane' about this thought process, Dane. And you're not educating any of us poor ignorant rubes. You're just another lefty who's going to bend over backwards to parrot whatever bullshit narrative has run amok in the People Republic of Kalifornia.

That man had literally a dozen opportunities to keep this from happening and the officers involved took a myriad of steps to avoid it. And he absolutely refused to operate in a manner that would've kept him out of the hospital.

The problem is that waaaaaay to many people saw a 15 second clip, lost their shit about it, and when the facts emerged, refused to reconsider their position. So all they could do is double-down. And the left, and their blunt instruments - among whom you can evidently be counted - are going with them for the ride.
petegz28 07:25 PM 08-26-2020
So the Cops tried to taze him, it didn't work. Then the guy goes for a knife in his car and the Cop shoots him but yeah, let's bash the Cop for not letting the guy get the knife and make a fight of it.
Pitt Gorilla 07:27 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
No you're not. You just want to be a dick as usual.
If I wanted to be a dick, I would have noted that you only post political garbage in sports threads because your sports takes are so completely shitty.

That's NOT what I did. Again, THAT would have been a dick move. Instead, I attempted to ascertain your seemingly sudden interest in NBA policy.
DaneMcCloud 07:28 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The problem is that waaaaaay to many people saw a 15 second clip, lost their shit about it, and when the facts emerged, refused to reconsider their position. So all they could do is double-down. And the left, and their blunt instruments - among whom you can evidently be counted - are going with them for the ride.
That's fine - we can agree to disagree, on basically every social issue.

But don't fucking tell me that a Black man deserved to be shot 7 times when a 17 year old White kid murdered people in cold blood last night and the cops didn't fire a single bullet at him.

Justify that one. Thanks in advance.
petegz28 07:29 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If I wanted to be a dick, I would have noted that you only post political garbage in sports threads because your sports takes are so completely shitty.

That's NOT what I did. Again, THAT would have been a dick move. Instead, I attempted to ascertain your seemingly sudden interest in NBA policy.
You are a dick. No want needed.
staylor26 07:30 PM 08-26-2020
That's fine - we can agree to disagree, on basically every social issue.

But don't fucking tell me that a Black man deserved to be shot 7 times when a 17 year old White kid murdered people in cold blood last night and the cops didn't fire a single bullet at him.
That kid didn’t resist arrest. He didn’t do anything to get himself shot while the arrest was taking place. He surrendered.

You’re missing the key difference Dane. 99.9% of cops don’t want to kill anybody. They just don’t want to die either. Don’t put their life in jeopardy and you have nothing to worry about EVEN if you just killed somebody.
KC Hawks 08-26-2020, 07:31 PM
This message has been deleted by KC Hawks.
petegz28 07:31 PM 08-26-2020
That kid didn’t resist arrest. He didn’t do anything to get himself shot while the arrest was taking place. He surrendered.

You’re missing the key difference Dane.
You mean when they arrested the 17 year old he didn't make a move for a knife?
DJ's left nut 07:31 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't know but I prefer watching college BB over the NBA.
I prefer watching Top Gun over Citizen Kane.

Doesn't mean I'd say Top Gun is a better movie.

There's no accounting for preference. Women's tennis is, IMO, far more entertaining than mens. That said, the men absolutely play a game every bit as sound as the women - they're just so much stronger and more powerful that it's hard for them to have those long and entertaining points you see in women's tennis.

Put the best woman in the world against the 50th ranked (hell, let's go to 100) and she'd get smoked. She's not better. She's not playing better defense or controlling her offense better. She's not playing more tactically. She's just playing slower and when she's playing a slow opponent, it's a more interesting match to watch than a couple guys blowing balls past each other.

Then again, when it's Nadal, Federer or Djokavic involved, it's all those things on a grand scale and it's amazing. Just like when two exceptionally good NBA teams go toe to toe.

It's a silly argument. College basketball is a wildly inferior product to the NBA full of players who are worse at literally everything.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:33 PM 08-26-2020
If Mahomes boycotts the NFL I can no longer be a fan of his
DaneMcCloud 07:34 PM 08-26-2020

You’re missing the key difference Dane. 99.9% of cops don’t want to kill anybody. They just don’t want to die either. Don’t put their life in jeopardy and you have nothing to worry about EVEN if you just killed somebody.

The guy was carrying an AR15 like rifle, then killed people.

What do you think would have happened if it was a 17 year old Black kid? Do you really think he walks away unharmed?

Obviously, we're never, ever going to agree on this subject so it's time to put it to rest.
Page 185 of 205
« First < 85135175181182183184185 186187188189195 > Last »
Up