ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 153
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:49 AM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Baby Yoda has to be connected; Otherwise, why is a former Imperial Moff looking for such a being?

Why is BY so important in a time when Force Users, most of whom perished 50+ years earlier and only known to a few out of TRILLIONS of sentient beings, have been eradicated from the galaxy?

It's ALL connected - Mandalore, Cara Dune of Alderaan, the Darksaber, Baby Yoda - all connected to a much larger story.
Sure, sure.

Ezra wasn't connected for shit, so, no, Baby Yoda doesn't have to be connected to the shitshow that was ROS at ALL.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:02 AM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Sure, sure.

Ezra wasn't connected for shit, so, no, Baby Yoda doesn't have to be connected to the shitshow that was ROS at ALL.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:06 AM 01-04-2020
And? Doesn't mean shit.

Trying to connect anything to the shit show that is ROS is not a good idea.

Baby Yoda already has his connections to Yoda/Yaddle. That's plenty.

Not EVERYTHING has to be connected to EVERYTHING. What a pant load of horseshit that is.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:05 AM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
And? Doesn't mean shit.

Trying to connect anything to the shit show that is ROS is not a good idea.

Baby Yoda already has his connections to Yoda/Yaddle. That's plenty.

Not EVERYTHING has to be connected to EVERYTHING. What a pant load of horseshit that is.
You are correct that it does not HAVE to connect. That being said, after the major success Disney has had with the massive MCU, why wouldn’t they attempt something similar with Star Wars?

I get you do not want it to happen, you don’t think it should happen but, there is a very strong possibility it will. Thursday night when I saw Rey use the force to heal just as I had seen baby Yoda do a couple weeks before I knew these people were on the same page. Wether they connect it all or it is just standardizing things such as force abilities within the universe/canon remains to be seen. But I’d prepare to be disappointed if I were you.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:46 AM 01-04-2020
Baby Fucking Yoda, relax...

Filoni managed to take and greatly elevate elements of the prequel trilogy into Clone Wars and Rebels. So I think he'll be fine integrating aspects from or leading to the sequel trilogy into The Mandalorian if he's actually tasked with that.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:52 PM 01-06-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
You are correct that it does not HAVE to connect. That being said, after the major success Disney has had with the massive MCU, why wouldn’t they attempt something similar with Star Wars?

I get you do not want it to happen, you don’t think it should happen but, there is a very strong possibility it will. Thursday night when I saw Rey use the force to heal just as I had seen baby Yoda do a couple weeks before I knew these people were on the same page. Wether they connect it all or it is just standardizing things such as force abilities within the universe/canon remains to be seen. But I’d prepare to be disappointed if I were you.
Mr. Miyagi healed Ralph Machio's leg using the Force. Half Life 3 confirmed.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:38 AM 01-07-2020
RLM came out with its Mandalorian review last night. I thought it was pretty spot on.

[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:02 PM 01-07-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Mr. Miyagi healed Ralph Machio's leg using the Force. Half Life 3 confirmed.
:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:48 AM 01-11-2020
Guess who's back

Back again

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:33 AM 01-11-2020
Posted in the Witcher thread too

Saw a study comparing the Witcher and Mandolrian downloads and streams. Binge or Weekly?

Conclusion was the Witcher had more views but the majority were on release weekend. Mandalorian got near to the Witcher with the last episode. But since currently Netflix has millions more subscribers, the Mandalorian was more popular. And the word of mouth and publicity for the show wasn't close with the weekly release of the Mandalorian.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:54 AM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Saw a study comparing the Witcher and Mandolrian downloads and streams. Binge or Weekly?

Conclusion was the Witcher had more views but the majority were on release weekend. Mandalorian got near to the Witcher with the last episode. But since currently Netflix has millions more subscribers, the Mandalorian was more popular. And the word of mouth and publicity for the show wasn't close with the weekly release of the Mandalorian.
I’d have gotten through the mandalorian in a day. And then probably rewatched it as my friends started talking about it. As is I watched it once through
[Reply]
Bowser 09:10 AM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’d have gotten through the mandalorian in a day. And then probably rewatched it as my friends started talking about it. As is I watched it once through
Yep.

I like the Witcher, but I don't feel like its binge potential is anywhere near the Mandalorian's. Both great shows, but give me a Mandalorian marathon over Witcher.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:27 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

FYI, Netflix has 160 million subscribers worldwide, which has taken more than a decade to accumulate. Disney+ had a "soft" launch and expected somewhere between 5-6 million consumers the first month. Disney underestimated the demand and instead of 5-6 million, more than 10 million signed up the first day.

Disney was hoping to have somewhere around 25 million subscribers by 2024 but there are some estimates that say they've already hit that number with the Verizon tie-in so now, the estimates are around 50-60 million by 2024.

The real kicker here is that Netflix doesn't release their streaming numbers to anyone or any organization (which is quite frustrating to composers like me that have music on numerous Netflix programs, but that's another issue altogether). That includes ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and every other Performing Rights Organization in the world along with SAG, WGA, PGA and the DGA. So the bottom line is that no one outside of Netflix truly knows their actual streaming numbers.

Outside analysts use "Demand Expressions" to determine streaming numbers and unlike an Adult-Oriented show like The Witcher, The Mandalorian is directed at adults and kids alike (with a large segment of the Disney audience under aged for Google Searches). Since a portion of The Mandalorian's audience isn't old enough or doesn't have access to internet connected devices, the numbers when compared to an Adult-Oriented show can be misleading at best and off by millions at worst.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:05 PM 01-11-2020
FYI, Netflix has 160 million subscribers worldwide, which has taken more than a decade to accumulate. Disney+ had a "soft" launch and expected somewhere between 5-6 million consumers the first month. Disney underestimated the demand and instead of 5-6 million, more than 10 million signed up the first day.

Disney was hoping to have somewhere around 25 million subscribers by 2024 but there are some estimates that say they've already hit that number with the Verizon tie-in so now, the estimates are around 50-60 million by 2024.

The real kicker here is that Netflix doesn't release their streaming numbers to anyone or any organization (which is quite frustrating to composers like me that have music on numerous Netflix programs, but that's another issue altogether). That includes ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and every other Performing Rights Organization in the world along with SAG, WGA, PGA and the DGA. So the bottom line is that no one outside of Netflix truly knows their actual streaming numbers.

Outside analysts use "Demand Expressions" to determine streaming numbers and unlike an Adult-Oriented show like The Witcher, The Mandalorian is directed at adults and kids alike (with a large segment of the Disney audience under aged for Google Searches). Since a portion of The Mandalorian's audience isn't old enough or doesn't have access to internet connected devices, the numbers when compared to an Adult-Oriented show can be misleading at best and off by millions at worst.
Great post.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:30 PM 01-11-2020

Interesting.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 153
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up