ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 55 of 252
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 12:44 PM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Anyone played state of decay? It's supposed to be like The Walking Dead
I played it, enjoyed it.

If you like the kind of game where your character is underpowered such that you can't just rush in and kill everything and get out unscathed, where you have to scavenge for weapons/supplies (sneakily), and where your character can die and will be gone forever, and it can happen quickly every time you go out...

Then it's your kind of game.

There's two other modes to play other than the story mode (which is meh)...one is a sandbox-style where you start with 1 survivor, have to find an RV, get the necessary supplies to repair it, then escape, then the level resets and gets progressively harder...

The other is you playing as military personnel, and you have to find and evacuate important people and fight off hordes...more gunplay in this mode, since other modes have scarce ammo.

It's not a perfect game. There's some glitches, repetitive missions, loot storage system issues, etc., but as far as zombie survival games go, it's definitely worth a look.

And, no, it's nothing like TWD games that are basically a cinematic RTE "point-and-click" game.
[Reply]
DC.chief 01:51 PM 05-25-2017
Just got Horizon Zero Dawn and I'm only several hours in but so far it's amazing. I got it to try out on my new Samsung ks8000 65" 4k tv and with HDR on it looks absolutely incredible! Highly recommend. The TV and the game that is.
[Reply]
Gonzo 11:49 PM 05-25-2017
Dear Bethesda,
Please, for the love of God, invest in a new game engine for fucks sake. You have the nerve to sell the new Elder Scrolls game, Morrowwind for 80 bucks and it looks like the same old shit. Not to mention, its online only. Fuck you very much. No more money from me until you stop smelling your own farts and update.
ps....
Fuck you.
[Reply]
hometeam 06:42 AM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Dear Bethesda,
Please, for the love of God, invest in a new game engine for ****s sake. You have the nerve to sell the new Elder Scrolls game, Morrowwind for 80 bucks and it looks like the same old shit. Not to mention, its online only. **** you very much. No more money from me until you stop smelling your own farts and update.
ps....
**** you.

Are you talking about the ESO expansion?

Its not really a new elder scrolls game, just a content expansion. ZeniMax is owned by Bethesda but its not the same studio as the regular Elder Scrolls games, they are just using the IP. Its not the same engine they use for the single player games, and its supposed to be online only.. its an MMO. If you think of ANY part of ESO is going to be like Skyrim or Oblivion you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:05 AM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Are you talking about the ESO expansion?

Its not really a new elder scrolls game, just a content expansion. ZeniMax is owned by Bethesda but its not the same studio as the regular Elder Scrolls games, they are just using the IP. Its not the same engine they use for the single player games, and its supposed to be online only.. its an MMO. If you think of ANY part of ESO is going to be like Skyrim or Oblivion you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
It looks like a stand-alone property to me. Maybe I'm wrong. I was checking out the "new games/pre-order" tab on the PSN store and they're selling it for 80 bucks as a new game. Unless they mislabeled the thing. I'm not really interested in it whatsoever since the graphics are worse than the latest Fallout.

Regardless, I sincerely hope that Bethesda retires that tired shit before the next RPG release.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:29 AM 05-26-2017
Anyone play MLB 17 The Show?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:45 AM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Sometimes, I couldn't really get into it though.
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 10:21 PM 05-26-2017
It looks like a stand-alone property to me. Maybe I'm wrong. I was checking out the "new games/pre-order" tab on the PSN store and they're selling it for 80 bucks as a new game. Unless they mislabeled the thing. I'm not really interested in it whatsoever since the graphics are worse than the latest Fallout.

Regardless, I sincerely hope that Bethesda retires that tired shit before the next RPG release.
The engine used in fallout 4 was a heavily modded gamebryo engine, the same that was used in oblivion. It's definitely time for a new one.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:03 AM 05-27-2017

Nope, its an expansion for Elder Scrolls Online. Its a digital collectors edition with a bunch of extras and comes with the base game. If you just want to add it on I believe its going to be 30 bucks.

Graphics are worse because its a different engine that needs to be able to handle hundreds of connected players on screen at once.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:04 AM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT:
The engine used in fallout 4 was a heavily modded gamebryo engine, the same that was used in oblivion. It's definitely time for a new one.
Now this is true.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:41 AM 05-27-2017
That zombie game looks awesome lol
[Reply]
TimBone 05:45 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT:
As a giant shock to no one, red dead 2 has been delayed to spring 2018.... to announce it will be delayed to fall 2018.
Damn it
[Reply]
TimBone 05:47 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by DC.chief:
Just got Horizon Zero Dawn and I'm only several hours in but so far it's amazing. I got it to try out on my new Samsung ks8000 65" 4k tv and with HDR on it looks absolutely incredible! Highly recommend. The TV and the game that is.
Yeah, I'll second this. Very good game, and it looks incredible on a 4k tv. Watching the opening sequence, my son thought it was a movie.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:00 PM 05-30-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

Yes.

I play online, but not Diamond Dynasty. I may get into it
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:26 PM 05-30-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That zombie game looks awesome lol
Have you played Dying Light? I love that game
[Reply]