ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Paramotor Crash ALMOST Ended My Life
Lzen 10:02 AM 04-29-2024
Thought this was kind of crazy/interesting. And it's the offseason. Can't imagine going through something like this.

[Reply]
Lzen 10:04 AM 04-30-2024
I still can't figure out exactly why his glider just all of sudden flipped on him.

Was simply a sudden gust of wind?

If that's the case then I have no idea why anyone would ever want to do that. Seems to be too easy to die.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:09 AM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I still can't figure out exactly why his glider just all of sudden flipped on him.

Was simply a sudden gust of wind?

If that's the case then I have no idea why anyone would ever want to do that. Seems to be too easy to die.
If I'm understanding it correctly, there was a knot in one of the lines, and when you pull on that particular line, it effectively "deflates" the chute. That knot got caught on something, and all hell broke loose.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:19 AM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If I'm understanding it correctly, there was a knot in one of the lines, and when you pull on that particular line, it effectively "deflates" the chute. That knot got caught on something, and all hell broke loose.
Yeah he says he did his preflight inspection, but should have looked closer cuz he missed a knot in the line.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:19 AM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Oh, geez. Then my point still stands. Looks like it is way to easy for that thing to go from 100ft to ground impact in a second.
[Reply]
Pennywise 10:46 AM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
I can't take true screams of pain like that. I hate it.

I was going to make some sort of Rashee Rice joke but then I heard his true pain and decided not to.
Rice should open a laundromat and call it Rashee Rashee?
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:16 PM 04-30-2024
I used to work at The Salk Institute in my early 20's. Its located on a cliff above Blacks Beach and across the street from Torrey Pines Golf Course in La Jolla, San Diego. The conditions there are perfect for paragliding and people do it there a lot. At least once a month the paramedics and fire trucks were called there to pick up some person who had been injured because they crashed paragliding or hang gliding. That shit is far too dangerous to be an all the time hobby.
[Reply]
Pennywise 01:53 PM 04-30-2024
This has never happened to me in 30 years of not paramotoring.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 01:12 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Oh, geez. Then my point still stands. Looks like it is way to easy for that thing to go from 100ft to ground impact in a second.
How about some free solo climbing then? I just watched the documentary about Alex Honnold last night. The first, and only, guy to free solo El Capitan in Yosemite. Even though i knew he made it, i've never been so tense watching someone do something.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up