ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 32
« First < 212728293031 32 >
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Do any of you still go to Long John Silvers?
Simply Red 05:50 PM 05-02-2012
I went last week & thought about you all.

Chicken planks are really good if you haven't had them in 10+yrs. I also like Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke, these days.

[Reply]
kjwood75nro 11:26 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Fast food on track to be the next indoor malls.

People will put up with a bag of glop if it's cheap. Remove all professionalism and raise prices commensurate with a sitdown restaurant, and it's suddenly even less appealing than gas station hot dogs
No way.

Even if the price gets prohibitive, people will still opt for a quick, convenient option. And the perfectly-curated blend of salt/fat/sugar (that gas station food doesn't have) sure doesn't hurt.

Hell, people will spend extra money just to have fast food delivered to them, because it's more convenient than going to the restaurant.

Indoor malls fail because they not only can't compete pricewise (being a brick-and-mortar), but also can't match the convenience of Amazon.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:51 AM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
31 bucks for the 8 piece with two sides. I don’t know what I expected it to cost but that wasn’t it.
I got a Jimmy Johns sandwich and a bag of chips last week and it was $14.

I'm out on that.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:23 AM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Yup.

Yum Brands left the decline start. The company is now owned by franchises. We will see if it changes.
Oh shit, I didn't know that Yum had grabbed LJS for a bit. If Yum dumped LJS then that's a really bad sign for LJS.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:25 AM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I got a Jimmy Johns sandwich and a bag of chips last week and it was $14.

I'm out on that.
Same experience there a couple weeks ago. I guess it’s dollar menu or nothing when it comes to fast food anymore.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:59 AM 10-14-2022
I will attest that after eating that grease last night I had some of the most intense gas in quite some time. I’m talking great length and volume and stench. Every one of them were loud and aggressive and I’d say there were at least a dozen. Woke me and my wife up at like 2 in the morning ripping one in my sleep.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:23 AM 10-14-2022
I will attest that after eating that grease last night I had some of the most intense gas in quite some time. I’m talking great length and volume and stench. Every one of them were loud and aggressive and I’d say there were at least a dozen. Woke me and my wife up at like 2 in the morning ripping one in my sleep.
Yer such a catch!
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:34 AM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Yer such a catch!
I C wut u did.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:35 AM 10-14-2022
Heh - wasn't intended
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:36 AM 10-14-2022
Heh - wasn't intended
Even better!
[Reply]
BWillie 08:38 AM 10-14-2022
Long Johns used to be good. I mainatain. The quality control really has went downhill. Extra crunchies really help give you all the healthy fat you need.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:38 AM 10-14-2022
If you didn't give her the ol dutch oven at least once, please leave your man card on the way out
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:40 AM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Long Johns used to be good. I mainatain. The quality control really has went downhill. Extra crunchies really help give you all the healthy fat you need.
The crispy bits go in the Cole slaw. It's awesome, you should try it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:41 AM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Holy. Shit. I never even thought of that!
[Reply]
BWillie 08:42 AM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:49 AM 10-14-2022
Holy. Shit. I never even thought of that!
The closest comp I can think of is throwing those French fried onions on top of the green bean casserole...
[Reply]
Page 31 of 32
« First < 212728293031 32 >
Up