ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>I thought we were drafting a OT in the first
wannaGOback 09:47 PM 04-25-2024
What happened?? lololol...simple minded buffoons.
[Reply]
rydogg58 03:30 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Bwana:
When it first came around, it created two accounts, looks like Dartgod smoked the other one. No mult hits on this one, but with that said, it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't. If it keeps being irritating, I'll either romper it, give it the forced lurker treatment, of just ban it.
I originally thought that this was the Patriots troll, GoforIt. The one always posting about his crush on Brady.

I guess they all post about their Brady crush, so that doesn't narrow it down very much.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:31 PM 04-26-2024
Six OT's went in the top 20. That kind of changes everything.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 03:52 PM 04-26-2024
I played with some mock draft simulators to look at the second round. The top remaining names at OT seemed to be going in the middle of the round, so I looked at trading up and chose New Orleans where our OT names would still be available. They're in the other conference and I figured they probably wouldn't be too opposed to trading with us.

I'm not saying this deal is necessarily realistic, but the simulator wasn't just allowing any trade I wanted. I was able to move up from #64 to #45 by trading:

KC gives
2025 2nd
2025 3rd

NO gives
2025 2nd

Everything depends on how closely the simulator mirrors reality in trade compensation and how closely their draft board mirrors the way the draft plays out, but this looks like it says that we could trade up without too much cost to the point where we get one of the OT names that we'd want at this point.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:54 PM 04-26-2024
I wannaGOback to a time you didn’t have thread starting privileges.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:52 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
Don’t understand why there are so many disrespectful and frankly useless replies to this question.

After we signed Hollywood Brown, and irrespective of what happens with rice, it was pretty obvious that our biggest need was LT round one if we could trade up and get someone good at a reasonable price. And given depth at receiver, we could add to the WR room in later rounds.

Presumably, what happened was Veach tried to trade up for one of the higher end LT options we could’ve gotten maybe at around the 16 to 20 range plus or minus, but either no one would do a trade or the price was too high.

But what would be really interesting, and I think what’s the OP is asking, is what happened on the inside with those calls. Were there any possible trades? How high was the price.

Some feel that Detroit and Minnesota paid too high to move up. Others, including me, feel that given the players they got and how they ranked them. They got good value. Clearly teams were asking a lot to trade up. But I’d really love to know what went down when presumably we tried. but we don’t usually seem to get insider information like that. It would be great if we could.
That's just it. None of us really know what or if the Chiefs tried to do anything other than who they picked. For anyone to act as if they are so smart because they knew all along is just plain reeruned.

And then he calls everybody who doesn't think like him simple minded buffoons. That's very disrespectful. Don't come into our home and shit on the floor.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:08 AM 04-27-2024
Not when there is a Lamborghini type wide receiver, sitting there waiting to be thrown to by the GOAT!
[Reply]
loochy 09:22 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Not when there is a Lamborghini type wide receiver, sitting there waiting to be thrown to by the GOAT!
I think he's more of a corvette type receiver
[Reply]
scho63 09:28 AM 04-27-2024
Is this the mult of MAHOMO 4 LIFE! who got booted from draft thread for being a douche?
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:32 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
Don’t understand why there are so many disrespectful and frankly useless replies to this question.

After we signed Hollywood Brown, and irrespective of what happens with rice, it was pretty obvious that our biggest need was LT round one if we could trade up and get someone good at a reasonable price. And given depth at receiver, we could add to the WR room in later rounds.

Presumably, what happened was Veach tried to trade up for one of the higher end LT options we could’ve gotten maybe at around the 16 to 20 range plus or minus, but either no one would do a trade or the price was too high.

But what would be really interesting, and I think what’s the OP is asking, is what happened on the inside with those calls. Were there any possible trades? How high was the price.

Some feel that Detroit and Minnesota paid too high to move up. Others, including me, feel that given the players they got and how they ranked them. They got good value. Clearly teams were asking a lot to trade up. But I’d really love to know what went down when presumably we tried. but we don’t usually seem to get insider information like that. It would be great if we could.

We got a guy who could be the best left tackle in the draft if things work out. Go back to not posting
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 10:11 AM 04-27-2024
Thanks for your comment. But I think I’ll keep posting.

And I actually agree with you, things actually seem to have worked out in a promising way left tackle.

My point, in case you missed it, is it would be great to know or at least get some rumours about what happened internally about the question of trading for a left tackle. There were rumours about what new England was offered for their pic (3 first rounders.) don’t know if that’s true, but I for one like to get that kind of information. Maybe you don’t.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:44 PM 04-27-2024
1st round caliber tackle at the end of round 2. Veach fucks...
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up